#03

Fingertip Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I glance at the clock on the wall and finally decide to give up on getting some sleep ever since I woke up in the middle of the night a few hours ago. 

After coming back from visiting dad's grave yesterday, I didn't even bother to change out of my clothes and promptly fell asleep, being emotionally drained. Seojoon seemed like he knew that I needed the rest as he left my dinner on my nightstand. 

Feeling thirsty, I went downstairs to find two living mess sprawled on the couch, deeply unconscious. Bottles of soju lined on the coffee table with some empty snack packets.

I let out a long sigh as I weigh out my options of handling drunken men. It's 7:00 A.M. on Monday, for god's sake!

I begrudgingly went to shake my brother up until Seojoon sleepily mumbled, "What?"

"Why is Seongwoo here?" 

"I invited him over for a drink and he was too drunk to drive back. So, I told him to stay over," my brother explains as he pulls his blanket closer. "Let me sleep a bit," he whines. "I couldn't sleep last night because of him." 

"Oh god," I muttered, facepalming myself. 

I went over to the other man, knocking some empty bottles in the process. But that didn't stir him up one bit.

"Mr. Ong Seongwoo? Wake up, it's morning already." 

He groans and opens one eye. Once he sees me, he groggily waves me away. "Don't wake me up, I have a terrible headache." 

"Then, why did you drink so much if you know this will happen?" I shake my head as I head to the kitchen.

Sighing again, I grab three glasses of water and some painkillers before putting them down on the coffee table. "Wake up, I'll drive us to that hangover soup shop." 

When none of them budged, I drank my share in one go and purposely stomped upstairs.

"I'll leave you guys if you're not awake by the time I'm ready!"

"Gosh, Soeun, can't you just cook at home?" One of them groaned. 

"I'm kind enough to bring you two there!"

 

About two hours later, I was already driving back home with a happy tummy and two sober men; my brother trying to read through whatever his assistant sent to him in the passenger seat and Seongwoo sipping on his hot Americano at the back.

My friend was asking me to turn on the radio when Seojoon suddenly interrupted him, "Oh, your father in law called last night."

"I'm not married yet," I shot back and Seongwoo sputtered at the same time, some of the coffee he was drinking sprayed onto my arm rest. Luckily, I had both of my hands on the steering wheel. "Your who? Hyung, what I heard last night wasn't a dream?"

"Oh my god, please wipe that first," I tell him as Seojoon passes him some tissues. 

"You're really getting married to Daniel?" Seongwoo asks again in disbelief. "My friend, Kang Daniel?" 

Seojoon throws the tissue box at him, "Do you know any other Kang Daniel?" 

"Of course not," the male leans forward between our seats as he wipes the coffee stain. "He never told me anything though." 

"Isn't that obviou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter