If You Can Hear My Heart

If You Can Hear My Heart

Hello Readers,

I hope you do not get confused because the story will go back and forth repeatedly from Jeonghan's present POV and his flashback.

I try to distinguish it by type of font for easy understanding.

The Italics font for flashback

&

The normal font for present

Hope you can enjoy it.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

"Hi, I am Kim Mingyu, new transfer student here, you?"

 

"Yoon Jeonghan, 3rd grade, Class 3B."

 

"We are in the same class, then." Mingyu smiles to him.

 

---

 

Their beginning. Jeonghan vividly remember Mingyu's beautiful smile during their first encounter in their middle school. His deep husky voice introducing himself, never leave Jeonghan's memory. How he miss that smile, that voice and...that person. He really miss him. Badly.

 

*****

 

"Wow, did you write songs?" Mingyu ask, looking at the music sheets one by one from the pocket file folder belong to Jeonghan.

 

"Umm umm...I always want to be a composer," reply Jeonghan.

 

"Can you sing this, I want to listen," request Mingyu excitedly, hand to Jeonghan one of his music sheet.

 

He sings. The first time he sings for someone else to listen. He can see Mingyu's expression, amaze looking and listening to him.

 

"You cannot be a composer," said Mingyu as soon as he finished sing the song.

 

"Why? is it really teribble?" Jeonghan ask with a slight frustration but a bit weird feeling because of Mingyu's statement which contrast with his expression.

 

"Because you have to be a singer as well. You are amazing you know, truly amazing," said Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan smiles widely. His first supporter and the reason he start his another dream to be a singer and not too long before become his true love.

 

---

 

'Kim Mingyu, where are you right now? Did you miss me like I miss you? Have you listen to the song?'

 

The song. The song that he wrote after Mingyu left without any message. The song which contain full of his hope and love, wishing that Mingyu will listen to the song and one day Mingyu will forgive and comeback to him. Can Mingyu hear his true heart? Can he?

 

 

****

 

"Annyeonghaseyo yeoreobun deul...this is 'Listen to your heart' with your DJ Boo, today we have special guest, the popular composer and singer, Yoon Jeonghan-ssi, Welcome to Listen to your heart radio Jeonghan-ssi," said DJ Boo started his radio night show.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo DJ Boo and all listeners, I want to thank you for inviting me to be a guest," said Jeonghan smiling.

 

"This is our pleasure to have you as our guest, Jeonghan-ssi, we heard that you just release a new song?" ask DJ Boo.

 

"Ne, it just 2 days since we release it officially," answer Jeonghan.

 

"(Mollae Deutji Mayo) Don't listen secretly?" DJ Boo looking at the single album read the song title.

 

"Ne, I hope listener will love this song," continue Jeonghan.

 

"I actually can't wait to play the song for our listener but before that I want to ask a question. Personally I already listen to it. I can say this song has so much feeling inside it, to be honest I almost tear up listen to this song, how do you get the inspiration to compose this song?" ask DJ Boo to Jeonghan.

 

"To be honest, I wrote this song for my beloved person, actually my company doesn't agree to let me to speak like this but I want this song to be remain exclusively only for that person. I initially do not have any intention to release this song officially, I sang it twice in my showcase since last year but this song get too many attention and they ask me to release it officially. So I did," explain Jeonghan.

 

"Wahhhh...there must be a lot of meaning behind this song," exclaim DJ Boo.

 

"Ne, I really treasure it," responds Jeonghan.

 

"Do you have anything to tell to that person? Since our segment is 'Listen to the heart'," Dj Boo gives Jeonghan an opportunity.

 

"Errrr...Ok," Jeonghan hesitantly at first but he thinks he have to capture any possible opportunity to make Mingyu listen to him even once. Dj Boo giving sign to Jeonghan to start talking.

 

"I don't know whether you hear me or not but if you listen to this, please listen to the song I wrote for you and I want you to know that I love you so much, my love for you never change since before," Jeonghan stop, he choked on his voice and a tear slid down his cheek. He bows down his head.

 

"To all my lovely listeners, please listen to the song (Mollae Deutji Mayo) 'Don't listen secretly'," DJ Boo play the song, before he hand Jeonghan a tissue and let Jeonghan to cool down himself.

 

-----

 

Jeonghan sit on the bench where he and Mingyu used to sit together holding hand talking about anything. Jeonghan put earphone on his ears and press the play button on his phone. The song plays through his earphone. Mingyu's song. Eventhough the official name is difference in his album, he doesn't care because the song is his and he wrote it for Mingyu. He called the song with Mingyu's name from the beginning because he loves to call that name.

 

*****

 

"Kim Mingyu..." call Jeonghan through his sweet voice.

 

"Ne, Yoon Jeonghan,"

 

"Mingyu...,"

 

"Ne, Jeonghan,"

 

"Gyu...,"

 

"Ne, Hannie,"

 

He just loves to call that name and each time Mingyu responds to him with his name, his heart will feel so warm. Jeonghan smile happily looking at Mingyu, pulls him closer and kiss his lip.

 

------

 

"Mingyu..." Jeonghan whispers.

 

Silent. Only Mingyu's song plays through his earphone.

 

"Kim Mingyu..." Jeonghan call out that name with hope he will get to hear the respond he yearn to hear. The song keeps playing.

 

~~ije waseo daeche naega

mworeul hal su isseulkkayo

(What can I do now?)

 

mujakjeong uri hamkkeyeotdeon

yeogi seo isseo naui geudae yeo...

(I'm just standing here where we used to be together, my love)~~

 

The same place, the same bench, the same tree.

 

*******

 

"Jeonghan-ah, I will wait for you at our usual place," said Mingyu through his mobile phone.

 

"I will come as soon as I can after I finished this class, ok? saranghae," reply Jeonghan whispering during his class, afraid his lecturer will notice he is on the phone.

 

*****

 

"Did you waiting too long?" ask Jeonghan while rub his hand together feeling a bit cold because of the season changes. Autumn. Their favourite season. Where the magical of vibrant color will burst. Yellow, orange, red and brown will replace the greeny landscape. The scent of spice and the sound of leaves crunching under their step. They love it.

 

"Aniya~~ just about 10 minutes," Mingyu pours caffé macchiato into a cup from the flusk he brought from the cafe he works and put the stroopwafel on the top of the cup. He hand it to Jeonghan. Jeonghan's favourite.

 

Jeonghan smiles and takes the cup with his two hand to warm his hand. A minute later, he put down the cup on the bench and pull out something from his bag. He hand it to Mingyu. He take back the cup, bite the stroopwafel and sip the drink while looking at Mingyu. Mingyu smile looking at the box. He open it, take one and bite it. Custard Strudel. Mingyu's favourite. Eventhough he works at cafe, the custard strudel which sell in Jeonghan's college bakery is the most delicious he ever eat.

 

Mingyu and Jeonghan smile to each other feeling delighted with their time together. Sit side by side. Eat their favourite dessert and sip warm coffee. The warm feeling where they could not afford from any other places or persons.

 

-------

 

Jeonghan takes a bite and chews slowly the stroopwafel but this time there are no caffé macchiato or Mingyu beside him eventhough it is autumn. Only him with Mingyu's song. He bite his lip to hold his tears. He know that is his fault.

 

*****

 

"Jeonghan-ah, you know I don't have anybody else in this world other than you right," Mingyu said, smile bitterly to Jeonghan who sit beside him on the couch.

 

They start living together since Jeonghan start his college. Mingyu who lived with his adopted family since he was 7 years old after he lost her parents in traffic accident decided to start to live by himself first after he finished his high school.

 

"Why? Is there anything wrong?" ask Jeonghan when he heard Mingyu's sad tone, he moves closer to Mingyu, held Mingyu's arm.

 

"This morning I went to see my parent, my real parent," Mingyu reply, he lower down his gaze to the floor.

 

Jeonghan glance to the calendar hang on the wall. He sigh. "I'm really sorry, I didn't go with you this year," Jeonghan feel guilty, every year, he will accompany Mingyu on the anniversary of his parent death.

 

"It's ok, I just miss them, they were the only family I had, but the only family I have now is you, I don't know how can I live without you," said Mingyu, look up to Jeonghan's face.

 

"I also don't know how can I live without you by my side, you are my bestfriend, my supporter, my love of my life, my everything," said Jeonghan, put his hand on the Mingyu's cheek.

 

Mingyu smiles a bit before he pulls Jeonghan's body, holding him tightly. Jeonghan wrapping his hand around Mingyu's waist, feeling warm.

 

 

****************

 

 

"Jeonghan-ah, will you come back tonight?" ask Mingyu through his phone.

 

 

"I don't know, maybe not, why?" ask Jeonghan.

 

There are a silent.

 

"Mingyu?" called Jeonghan.

 

"Err...nothing, it's ok, don't forget to eat your dinner, I love you" said Mingyu. Jeonghan heard the sound of line being cut. He continue his works. He have to finish the songs before his comeback.

 

 

*******

 

 

"Mingyu, I am sorry I can't make it, our president ask me to accompany him to the SK Music Award that day," Jeonghan said, "you know right, a lot of big name composers and singers will be there, I cannot let go this opportunity," continue Jeonghan.

 

"I know, it's ok, we can delay our holiday anytime," Mingyu smiles. Jeonghan smiles back to Mingyu.

 

*********

 

Jeonghan dials Mingyu's mobile phone.

 

"Jeonghan-ah, where are you? Our flight time is just in one hour, you have to come faster," said Mingyu on the line.

 

"Mingyu-ya.... jeongmal mianhae, I have to cancel it again," said Jeonghan.

 

"Again? Don't you know this is the 7th time," Mingyu sound annoyed.

 

"Yeah, I know mianhae, I can't...,"

 

"This time I will go alone if you can't, bye take care," said Mingyu before he cut the line.

 

Jeonghan sighs. He know this is his fault but his president doesn't give him another choice.

 

 

***********

 

'l left early to settle cafe matters, I already prepare your breakfast, eat your breakfast, don't leave home without having it, ok'

                                                         -Love you-

 

He read the note being left on the fridge. He smiles bitterly. He knows Mingyu still mad at him about their holiday but no matter how mad and busy he is, Mingyu still prepare the breakfast for him, make sure he won't leaving the house with empty stomache especially on Jeonghan's busy day.

 

*******

 

"Jeonghan-ah, you will come later right?"

 

"What?" ask Jeonghan.

 

"Don't say you forget about it," Mingyu said, firmly.

 

"Errr…Tonight I have meeting with...,"

 

"Ok, forget it," Mingyu said, gets up from the couch, throw a square dark blue velvet box beside Jeonghan and grab his trench coat before walking out from their home.

 

Jeonghan sighs heavily. Jeonghan takes the box. He gets up and walks toward calendar hang on the wall, there is a mark with love sign on today's date. Jeonghan ruffles his hair. How can he forget their 15th anniversary and why his company always doing something on the day like today. He opens the box threw by Mingyu, there are a couple white gold bangles with their name engraved. He take one and put on his wrist.

 

After finished the meeting he immediately go back to home waiting for Mingyu but Mingyu only come home the next morning and go straight to sleep. Jeonghan come closer to Mingyu, stare at Mingyu's tense sleeping face for a moment before he slips the other bangle on Mingyu's wrist and kiss his forehead.

 

'Happy 15th anniversary my love, Gyu. Thank you for the beautiful bangle. I will wear it always.'

                                                       -Your love, Hannie-

 

Jeonghan leaves the note on the bedside table with a new brand wrist watch in the box wrapped with red ribbon as a gift for their anniversary. He walks toward the kitchen, with intention to fill his empty stomache. He notices there are coffee and sandwich on the table with note, 'eat before you go to work'. Jeonghan smiles.

 

 

***********

 

 

"Ok, if you really cannot stand it anymore, just go, let's break up," Jeonghan said, unintentionally. He really stress with his president keep monitoring and pushing him to ensure he make his work as a priority while Mingyu annoyed each time when he cannot keep his promise. He can't blame Mingyu, he will be the same but he did not know how the word break up come out from his mouth. He looks at Mingyu's hurt face.

 

"That's it? So, you wanna break up with me?" ask Mingyu.

 

"Ne, I had enough, It's clearly both of us cannot stand all of this anymore," said Jeonghan angrily, he didn't know how he blurt out those words.

 

They both stare to each other for a while. Despite of the silent, the tension in the room speaks louder.

 

"Ok, if it is what you want, I will go," Mingyu breaks the silent through his shaking voice.

 

Three days later, after calm himself down, Jeonghan went to Mingyu's cafe, the cafe which Mingyu bought after he works as barista and some other part time jobs for years since they were in high school. Jeonghan went there to apologize for his unintentional words, never cross his mind to live his life without Mingyu but it shock him when Mingyu's staff said that he already sold this cafe and they did not know where is Mingyu. He keeps calling Mingyu's phone everyday until the number is no longer in service. He keeps going to place where Mingyu usually go. He asked every Mingyu's friend that he knows, but no one know where is Mingyu right now, he even go to Mingyu's adopted family's house although he knows the possibility Mingyu is there is zero because of their bad relationship. He also send email to Mingyu everyday including the song but he never got any reply. How he wishes he can turns back the time.

 

-------

 

It is already 2 years since Mingyu left. With every day and night he kept searching and thinking about Mingyu and now here he is, still in the place where he and Mingyu were always together.

 

"Mingyu...mianhae," Jeonghan looks up at the dark sky whispering Mingyu's name again and again while a tear falling from the corner of his eyes.

 

"Yoon Jeonghan...."

 

He heard his name being called. That voice. Did he dreaming? He turns swiftly to looks around him. His eyes stop at the tall figure standing not too far behind him in the dark autumn night. His heart beating faster. He walks slowly toward that figure, decreasing their distance. The person is doing the same. The leaves are crunching under their steps. Jeonghan's sight becoming more clear. Kim Mingyu. That is really him. He can feel his tears start streaming down his cheek. They stops their step in front of each other. Jeonghan want to hug Mingyu so badly but he hold himself, afraid if Mingyu still angry at him or worse Mingyu already move on. He looks at Mingyu's face. Nothing change. Mingyu still looking stunning and charismatic as he remembered eventhough his eyes blurry with his own tears, he can see Mingyu's face clearly. He shift his gaze to Mingyu wrist. It is there. Their couple bangles.

 

"Jeonghan-ah...," Mingyu called his name once again and that time he cannot hold himself anymore. He embraces that person tightly.

 

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone," continue Mingyu softly.

 

Jeonghan sobbing on Mingyu's chest while uttering the word sorry again and again. He feels Mingyu's arm wrapping around his shoulder tightly.

 

"Mianhae...mianhae...Mingyu... Mianhae...," Jeonghan said repeatedly, tighten his grip on the shirt at Mingyu's back.

 

"Sssshhhh....," Mingyu hushes, tighten his arms on Jeonghan's shoulder.

 

Jeonghan heard Mingyu's sniffling in spite of his comforting action toward Jeonghan's sobbing. That is the time Jeonghan knows he would not change Mingyu's presence with anything else. Never.

 

 

-The End-

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank you for all subscribers and readers. I don't know when I will write again, but I can say I enjoy writing gyuhan fanfic. So, till meet you again...

 

Please give a lot of love to GYUHAN and the rest of Seventeen's members.

Bye...