o19

Shards of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She moved the last blouse in the closet of the room she temporarily borrowed back into her suitcase. Hana lightly plopped herself down on the nicely made bed and sighed. Her hands wrapped around her growing stomach. Was she happy that Baekhyun came back for her?

“Hana! Are you ready to go?” Baekhyun shouted from the hallway. He wore his suit from the previous day, only this time his jacket and tie loosely hung around his right arm. His dress shirt was carelessly buttoned as he roamed around the hall.

Hana stood up from the bed and made her way over where she met Baekhyun at the doorway. Her suitcase was still opened and exposed at the end of the bed.

“Did you not sleep well?” she asked. His dark circles showed the lack of sleep. His face laced with tiredness.

He hummed an answer of yes and made his way to the end of the bed. He closed up the luggage and began to pick it up where he happened to also spot the pendant he gave her for her birthday. It must have fallen off seeing it to be randomly sprawled in the middle of the bed.

“You found my ring,” he said as he walked over to his wife, his eyes focused on slipping it back onto his fourth finger.

Hana turned around to see what nonsense her husband was talking about as she patted her sternum, where the pendant and ring usually sat. When she looked up, his arms were wrapped around her neck as he hooked the chain around her and she found her eyes trying to avoid his. Since when did he do things like this so smoothly?

“Sehun had to leave for work early. There was an emergency meeting,” he grabbed her belongings with his right hand and grabbed her wrist with the other as if he was afraid she wouldn't follow.

But, what else was Hana supposed to do? She followed suit in his steps, running a bit to keep up with his long strides. Every step she took was stiff and forced as he dragged her along. He let go of her hand as he closed the door to Sehun's place and he reached out to grab her hand once more, but this time she stopped him as she yanked her hand away.

“What are you doing?” she asked. It wasn't often that he just randomly reached out for her hand.

“What do you mean, what am I doing? Holding your hand, of course,” his brows furrowed. “Isn't that what a husband and wife are supposed to do? Now quit asking because you're ruining the mood.” He reached out for her hand once more and she dodged it once again, but he was quicker than her.

“Hand-holding is supposed to be sincere, not forced,” she angrily said. “You're hurting me.” The thought that he was doing it because it was what they were supposed to be doing made her fume.

He dragged her along, oblivious to her words. He opened the door to the passenger side and waited for Hana to get in. Was this also supposed to be part of his act? Regardless, she gladly got inside his car because after all, she was chasing him. And, the less fuss she made would give them less of an opportunity to argue.

With the car ride engulfed in silence, Baekhyun had done quite a bit of thinking. Every so often he would sneak a glance at his wife as he tried to find the perfect opportunity to speak to her without her spitting fire. But every time he looked, her eyes were glued to the window of her side.

“Baekhyun, I need to use the restroom. It's urgent,” she suddenly said. Hana had been trying to hold it until they reached home, but the nausea was killing her.

“Now? We're in the middle of nowhere. The next stop is probably another thirty minutes,” he responded, his voice laced with annoyance.

“Yes. It's all your fault I'm like this. Now, pull over.” There was so much more she wanted to say, but with the vomit at the brim of , she wasn't in the mood to argue. She reached over to Baekhyun as if that would stop the vehicle.

Baekhyun took a deep sigh along with the roll of his eyes in defeat as he pulled the car over. Without a full stop, Hana had already swung the door open. It would be a great embarrassment if someone recognized them. He crouched lower into the seat even though the windows were tinted. At first, he just sat there a bit frustrated that he wasn't going to be home by the time he wanted to be. His arms were folded as he waited for her, but curiosity hit him when he took a peek through the side mirror. He watched her bent over behind the tree. Was he really ready to be a father? He can't even seem to get himself together.

He glanced once again at the mirror and then reached for some napkins on the side of his door and made way to his wife.

“Are you going to be alright?” he asked once he was in her distance. His hands automatically helped her pull her hair back as she continued to do her business.

Hana nodded her head as she turned around to accept the napkins he handed her. He stood there as he watched her clean up. His eyes skimmed the distance with his brows furrowed at the rising, hot sun. “I'll be waiting in the car,” he tried to break the awkwardness before heading back to the car as he waited for her to do the same.

Baekhyun sat back in his seat and waited for Hana. He took in a deep sigh as his body limped on the seat and he closed his eyes. He seemed to be tired today.

“Should we get a divorce?” Hana asked as she opened the door to allow herself in. She interrupted the peace he en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter