o15

Shards of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She didn’t exactly like what she was doing right now, digging through his cabinets and raging through his refrigerator for something to eat. She was pregnant and she couldn’t help her hunger. She was starting to regret his offer to dinner last night out of fear that she had to talk to Sehun if she walked out of the room she was temporarily borrowing.

“Why does he have to be so damn tall?” she mumbled to herself as she reached for a plate off the very top shelf of the cupboard. All she wanted to do was get a plate so she could serve herself properly. She stretched herself a little more. If she tried any harder there could be a possibility of her ripping into two.

“Morning,” he said. His front lightly pressed up against the small of her back as his hands grabbed the plate, skimming the tip of her fingers; it happened so naturally. Her heart skipped a beat without her permission. He handed her the plate she had been trying to get for the last few minutes and smiled at her as she turned around. Her eyes rounded and it darted everywhere expect on him as she gladly took the plate away. “You're pregnant. You shouldn't be reaching like that,” he nonchalantly reasoned.

As if her eyes could not get any more round, he had to embarrass her. She moved away from him. He was so close she could feel his heat and every breath he took in and out. His cologne had changed or maybe it had just been too long. Either way, it wasn't an important topic to think about, especially when she was married. She made her way to the food she had set and ready for her. She definitely couldn't see herself, but her cheeks weren't lying. The heat hit her face hard and all she wanted to do was hide under the table. Pregnancy was a natural process of life. But, as she sat there, her cheeks flushed a light pink because he knew. It wasn't his child, but he knew even before Baekhyun. How much more stupid could it get? Why did Jongin have to be such a big mouth? She didn't plan on staying long and she definitely didn't plan on telling him.

“Congratulations,” he said as he took the seat next to her. He started to pick through the food in front of her, helping himself to a share. His tie loosely wrapped around his collar still undone and the buttons on his sleeve were only half buttoned. She had to admit, she did still have feelings for this guy, even if it was the slightest. She focused everywhere and anywhere, but him. Her eyes hungry for the man.

“Why are you being like that?” she broke his nice atmosphere in fear that she would end up melting in his arms. It was as if he was mocking her. Everything he said, everything he did made her feel uncomfortable. Like he was doing this to make her drown in her own misery even more. His happiness was fueling her anger. She wasn't even sure what she was mad at or about anymore. Him? Of course, he left her standing on that very rooftop she now proudly called hers to only find out a couple weeks later she was pregnant with his child. “You could've just told Jongin you didn't want to take me in. I'm doing fine and I will continue to do fine by myself. You always manage to make my life miserable.” It was that anger she had been building up inside. The only person she should have been yelling at was Baekhyun, but why was it that every time she faced her husband she couldn't even utter a single word.

“You're still as pretty as when I left you.” He stared at her side profile unfazed of her yelling. In fact, it made him happy; waking up to see her in his kitchen.

“Why are you back?” she began to cry. She was so angry at herself. She was angry at Baekhyun and furious at him. The tears of anger just flowed without her permission because she simply couldn't hold it back any longer. “Do you think we're okay now? Am I a brothel to you? You can just come and go when you please? You broke up with me and told me you were seeing someone else. The next thing I know, you left Seoul.” Her speech slurred as she sobbed. Her breathing was uneven from the mouthful. “And, there's mysterious pictures of a little girl in every picture you have framed throughout this house?! What did I do wrong?!” she yelled. She had to admit, she was guilty of roaming around this early morning. Her curiosity about his lifestyle got to her a little, or maybe a lot.

“Hana...I,” he began. It hurt him to see what he had done to the once admirable woman. Hana had changed a lot. The more he stared, the more fragile she became.

“I was pregnant with your child!” she yelled. The tears of frustration and anger streamed down her cheeks. It washed away any linge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter