Chapter 12

❣ Forevermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your mind was a mess, your neck was stiff and your head was pounding. Everything was a blur, and in your mind you kept on going over what had happened. It had all gone so fast, you’d barely had the time to take it all in. It was supposed to be a fun day out, everything was supposed to be cool. You, Hana and Aria had gone out so many times before, and the three of your always had fun. And even though you hadn’t been as excited as usual because you could have loved to spend your time with Baekhyun as well. You hadn’t been able to put your camping experience out of your head. The way he’d touched you, the way he’d held you and he had kissed you. How his body had shaped against yours while sleeping and how his body heat had been radiating from him. You’d had an amazing time, and you’d fallen for him, much harder than you ever thought you would. So right now, while you were sitting here all by yourself, hurt and confused, after they’d just brought you the most terrible news, you wanted nothing more than for him to be here. You needed his comfort more than you needed your parent’s at the moment, even though you had no idea just when he had become this important in your life. But now it was clear, that this was different from any other guy you’d ever liked. Your feelings for them had become irrelevant as soon as your brother had passed away. You wanted them out of your life, you wanted them to leave you alone. 

 

But this was completely different, you needed him by your side, to tell you that everything was going to be okay. Shock traveled through you when you heard a soft knock on the door, but you couldn’t say anything. You couldn’t find your voice and your tongue was glued against your teeth. Another few seconds passed, before the door handle slowly moved down, and a stream of light emerged inside of the room. In almost blinded you and you felt the urge to hold your hand in front of face to hide yourself. But then you reminded yourself of everything that happened, and you realized that you didn’t deserve the relief that simple movement would provide you. Slowly you moved your head up, and were stunned to see the one person you were longing for stand inside of the doorway. Emotions rushed through you, and you couldn’t help the way your lip started shaking, even though you tried to control it. Tears had been rolling down your cheeks for as long as you’d been sitting here, you couldn’t even remember what time you’d arrived here. You could as well have been here for hours, and you wouldn’t even have realized it. Now that he was here you just wanted to throw yourself into his arms, and let out all these feelings that were inside of you. But you were sure that if you moved just now, that you wouldn’t even make it over to where he was standing. It was as if he could sense it, because in a matter of seconds he was standing beside you, the nurse long forgotten in the middle of the doorway. 

 

“Are you okay? What happened?” He asked, worry and confusion dripped from his voice, his words drowning in it. Instead of making you feel better, his words reminded you once more of everything that had happened, and all the terrible things you’d been through during the past few hours. Immediately the tears clouded your eyes again and they were going to overflow any minute. There was nothing you could do to stop it, and you hated that you seemed so weak in front of him right now. It seemed as if you’d done nothing more than crying in front of him, he must think of you as some crybaby. He lowered beside you on the mattress, it dipped underneath his weight. You hadn’t laid down on it before, you’d only been sitting on top of the blankets, waiting for someone to come and get you. A sob escaped from your lips, it seemed to shake your entire being, till your deepest core. Baekhyun’s arms wrapped around your shoulders, carefully and soft, as if he was afraid that he would hurt you if he touched you. Which was correct, you weren’t sure how much more you could handle right now at this moment. “It’s okay, you’re safe now.” He mumbled, trying to soothe you while you pressed your face tightly inside of his shirt and let it all out. He smelled like trees and forest, like the night sky and the soft breeze. It made you feel at home and safe, as if you belonged inside of his arms. 

 

He didn’t say anything and just let you be, as if he could tell that you needed this moment to vent about everything that had happened. It was obvious he wanted you to start talking and tell him what was going on, but he remained quiet. The worry was coming from him in waves as he held you tightly, rocking your body slowly from left to right in the hope it would make you feel better. Now that he was here you felt slightly better, but still you couldn’t stop all the terrible sounds and flashbacks from running through your head. You were sure that you were going to see these scenes for a very long time, every time you closed your eyes. “What’s wrong? I thought you were going out with your friends?” He tried again to make you talk, and you demanded yourself to take a deep breath so that you could at least tell him something. You wanted him to know what happened, you wanted him to understand where all of this was coming from. “We were coming back fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter