Chapter 10

❣ Forevermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, you guys go out camping often?” He asked, and you were sure he was just trying to keep your minds off of the other things that were going on in your life right now. He was the sweetest guy, and you felt as if you wanted to keep him here in this forrest forever, all to yourself. The embarrassment you’d felt because of the way you’d woken him up in the morning was slowly fading away and you could breath around him again. The nightmare had been childish and it didn’t even mean anything. The fact that he had been a part of it was probably just because he was becoming important to you, maybe your brain was trying to tell you that you should stop fooling yourself and you had to admit to yourself that this was getting serious. Even though you’d only known him for such a small amount of time, you couldn’t deny the attraction between the two of you. You’d never felt like this before, with anyone. This meant something and you knew it. If only he’d give you the sign that he felt the same way then you were sure that you would be able to admit to yourself that you liked him, and to go for whatever you wanted. The thing was though, you didn’t want to risk loosing him. What if he didn’t feel the same way and you’d come clean about yours, it would be terrible. You would never be able to get over the shame you had put yourself through and things would never be the same again. 

 

So you told yourself to wait, just to keep yourself safe. Sometimes it was better to have someone close to you as a friend than to not have them with you at all. Baekhyun was like that kind of a person to you. Even if he didn’t want to be your boyfriend, even if he didn’t like you in that kind of way then you still wanted to talk to him. He understood how you felt. Knowing that he’d lost his parents made you realize that there were more people like you. For such a long time, after your brother passed, you’d felt as if you were the only one who was in pain, as if you were the only one who’d experienced such a big loss. But meeting him had made you realize that there were so many people in this world who were dealing with this, and that you could talk to them if you wanted to. He was the kind of person you needed in your life right now, the one who made it possible for you to see the good in things again. “Once in a while, we’ve all known each other since we were kids, so we like to keep the band that was once built up between all of us. I’m close with Aria, she’s one of Hana’s friends as well.” You said, swinging your arms back and front as you made your way past trees and bushes which all looked alike. There wasn’t a way to keep them apart and you were sure that if you wouldn’t be careful you’d loose your way and you would never be able to find your way back to the tent. 

 

Yet, your companion didn’t seem to worry about that as he walked beside you, carelessly enjoying the scenery around him. It seemed as if he felt more at home in this forrest than he had done in his own home back in town. He seemed so carefree, his shoulders relaxed and his face careless as he gazed around himself. It was as if he wanted to take in every detail, as if he used to walk in this forrest every single day and he hadn’t been here in forever. Maybe he did love to take walks, who knew? It wasn’t like you actually knew him. You felt as if there were many sides of him you still had to discover, but it kept things interesting. He always seemed so mysterious, yet he was always very open to you about how he felt and about his past. Though, it was when other were around that he seemed to be more distant, as if the only person he really wanted to talk to was you. It was hard for you to believe that he could really be into a girl like you. You were just average, normal, and he could get anyone he wanted. You were sure that if school started within a few weeks that he would get a lot of attention from all the other female students. That was something you didn’t even want to start thinking about. Once school would start everything would change, and it would all be different. Maybe you would drift apart, maybe he would meet someone else he liked more than you? Soon you’d be going off to college, what if his plans were completely different from yours and it would cause you to part ways? 

 

Quickly you forced the thoughts out of your head, you couldn’t believe you were thinking about your future with a guy you didn’t even have a relationship with. Since when had you become this desperate? But you already knew the answer to that question, ever since you’d met him. “But your friend Hana, she doesn’t join you?” He’d met your best friend Hana once before, and even though she was a wonderful girl and she had clearly shown interest in him, he hadn’t seemed to bother about her. He’d barely looked her way while sitting across of her, the only one he’d been looking at was you. Normally you were always stuck with second best. If the two of you went out together and she would hit on a group of guys she was the one who got the handsome one, while you were left with his friend. It was just the kind of effect she had on people, her laugh was addictive and her social skills were insanely well developed. Next to her you seemed like some awkward girl with nice looking hair. You knew she didn’t do it on purpose, but still you’d been awfully surprised when Baekhyun hadn’t even shown any attention in her what so ever. Normally every guy would at least do a double look over when seeing a girl like her, but he didn’t seem to care. Maybe that was another reason why you liked him this much, because he proved you that not all men were exactly the same. “You might have noticed she’s not really the type to go camping. She’d be afraid to break her nail or something.” As soon as the words slipped from your lips you regretted them. Even though you’d had those kinds of thoughts often, you’d never said them out loud before. 

 

You weren’t the kind of person to talk behind someone’s back, and surely not about Hana. She’d done so many amazing things for you the past few months, she’d been your support when you needed her and she was th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter