The Birthday Celebration

I will wait for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim's throat was dried badly.
She woke up with a raging thirst. 

She tried her best to get up but then she realised an acute pain in her right hand.

She looked at her table clock which flashed the time as 11:20 am. She couldn't move  her right hand because of soreness.

She turned her head in the direction of her hand and found her hand resting on a big red colored patch of the bedsheet.

Holy....what is wrong with my hand..

she thought to herself while trying of move her hand when her eyes closed tightly bearing the crippling hand.

"Jeez...Is that my blood ?" Kim thought to herself holding her head with her left hand while looking at the red patch on the bedsheet.

Her head was also achingly equally bad because of the hangover.

Somehow she pulled her body and she reached out to her kitchen, bumbling.

She opened the refrigerator,took out a water bottle and quickly emptied the complete bottle in one go quenching her thirst.

Kim minutely noticed her right hand trying to figure out what was wrong 

She found that there was a wide slit on the side of her hand which was blocked with a layer of dried blood clot on top of it.

She opened the tap of the kitchen basin and kept her right hand under the cold water flowing from the tap.

After drying her hand, she applied some antiseptic on it, and wrapped it with a white colored bandage and then she immediately took out some aspirins from her First-Aid box and gulped it with water.

Kim looked around her room trying to find out how did this happened , when her eyes caught the broken photo frame lying on the floor, with blood stained glass pieces on it.

She reached out to her phone on the table and sat on the bed checking the same.

Her eyes widened in shock when she found the screen of her phone flashing 23 missed calls.
She unlocked the phone and found the call log which said

Jazz: 8 missed calls
Pii: 5 missed calls
Yam: 3 missed calls
Dad:7 missed calls

Damn you Kim.. she said to herself and shook her head in frustration.

She immediately called her dad first
Ring...
Ring...
Ring..

"Hey Tiger where are you?" Answered Kim's dad from the other end

"Sorry Dad.. Actually I was fast asleep..so couldn't answer the call" Kim said in a trembling voice 

" Tiger..are you alright?" Kim's dad asked in suspicion

" Yes dad.. I am fine..I just got up now so it's the morning blues.." said Kim trying her best to sound normal.

" Okay..if you say so.."

" By the way tiger, I have a surprise for you" 
" What surprise Dad?"

" I am leaving for Bangkok and will be there by evening " said Kim's dad in excitment

" That's a great news Dad, I will come at the airport to receive you" 

" Sounds Great.. See you soon Kim" 

" Sure dad.. have a safe journey .Bye"
Said Kim and disconnected the call.

Kim then immediately called Jazz

" Hi Jazz." 

" Hi Kim.. I tried calling you many times but couldn't reach you" 

" Yeah actually I left my phone in my car" Kim lied very smoothly

"Ohh ... I just called up to confirm if are you coming to office today?" 

" Yeah I was about to inform you that please cancel all my meetings for next three days including today "


"Since my dad is coming so I will be officially on leave for these 4 days"

"Alright Kim" 

Kim always shifted to her mansion whenever her dad was in the city.

She took shower, changed to fresh clothes and left for her mansion.

She reached the main gate of her mansion and honked.
The security guard came running and peeped from the small opening of the gate, when he found Kim sitting inside her black Audi resting her left hand on the steering wheel waiting for the gates to open.

The security guard immediately pushed the huge iron gates making them wide open for the car to enter.

Kim parked the car and entered the living room looking around,  then only an old aged women approached her with a smile on her face.

" Kim my baby .. how are you?" She came towards Kim with her arms wide spread

" I am good Mrs Bunyasarn" Kim warmly hugged the old women with a smile

Mrs Bunyasarn has been the caretaker of the supanand family since past 35 years.

" Kim you have grown very weak " said Mrs Bunyasarn observing Kim's pale  face and swollen eyes.

" No.. I am fine.. it's just I am bit tired." 

" Alright.. you must be hungry... You go and relax in your room, I will send something for you to eat" said Mrs Bunyasarn while lightly combing Kim's bangs.

It was 7:30 pm Kim got ready to receive her dad.

She wore dark grey colored skinny denims paired with lose, lemon green colored full sleeved T-shirt, covering the bandage in her hand.

She hid her swollen eyes behind her  rectangular reading glasses which had broad black colored frame.

She started her car, played  "The Reason"  song by Hoobstank on the  stereo and raced the car towards the main road.

 

" Kim..." Shouted her Dad, waving at her  from a distance.


" Hey dad" called Kim with a smile.

" Ohh. I missed you so much.." said Kim's dad while hugging her.
" I missed you too dad" 

"Come on let's go home"


" Sure Dad" said Kim as she lifted her Dad's bag and dumped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter