it's (not) stupid

just a rumor | seventeen

"this is stupid," mina says from one of the many bathrooms of the choi (kai)  household. "it's not stupid, it's intellectual," kai responded, making yuna snicker. 

mina walks out from the bathroom door unamused. from head to toe, she was wearing all black. there were paper stars sticking out from all over her 'costume'. glitter appeared here and there.

"yeah, cause dressing up as 'the night' is intellectual." she rolled her eyes at her friends. 

"you said you didn't want couple outfits with jisu remember? this is the closest we could get to you two actually doing it, alright?" taehee defends the two.

"i'm straight!" jisu shouted from another bathroom. "i also agree with mina, this is stupid." 

"see, even she says it's stupid." mina says, pointing at the direction of the bathroom jisu was in. 

somewhere around the long hallway the four stood at, jisu walked by them, dressed in a full knight costume. she lazily held a sword on her left hand, and shook her head. "the night and a knight. how smart."

***

"hansol," seungkwan calls out from somewhere in their shared dorm. "what?" the other shouts back. 

"where's my hairspray?" he asks, adjusting his hair to make it look as messy as he could. 

"in one of the drawers near the vanity," hansol answers. 

"thank you so much." seungkwan rushed, looking through all the drawers in the room for his hairspray. along the way, he finds taehee's ponytails, seokmin's fake glasses, and even jisu's eyeliner. "god, we need to clean this up one day." 

finally finding it, he closes is eyes, and sprays the spray all over his head. "borrow," hansol says, appearing from nowhere. he grabs the hairspray in seungkwan's hands, but before he could do anything, his boyfriend snatches it back. 

before both of them knew, they were fighting over the bottle of hairspray. it went from vernon's hands to seungkwan's. they moved from the vanity, to the bathroom, then back to seungkwan's room. 

they soon forgot about their little competition on the hairspray bottle, and started tossing each other around on the bed, laughing. hansol flipped seungkwan over, he held his wrist, pinning him down to the bed. 

"kwanie—oh my god," they hear someone say, entering the room. both seungkwan and hansol's eyes move away from each other's and to the door. there stood a shocked looking seokmin and a disgusted looking chan. 

before anyone could react, seungkwan sprayed the hairspray on hansol (with it hitting his face) and ran off. seokmin and chan watched as he ran away, then they eyed the older one of the two. hansol laughed awkwardly and told them, "it was just a misunderstanding, we were fighting over the hairspray and-" 

"like i'd believe that bull." chan eyes hansol suspiciously and shakes his head. "language!" seokmin scolds the youngest out of all of them."i'm 18 seokmin, 18!" 

"seriously, we were just fighting over the hairspray." he takes a look at the two, who were both leaned the doorway. seokmin was dressed in green jumpers, matching shoes and a hat. chan wore the same but in red.

"mario and luigi," hansol spoke, then paused to eye the two again. "seriously?" 

"it was the only thing in the store, okay?" chan defends themselves then takes a look at hansol's costume. "okay, but a zombie. really, hansol? really?" 

"yes, really." he nods then asks them, "why are you guys here anyway?"

"oh." seokmin looks at chan. he scratched the back of his neck as the younger hits his shoulder, telling him to man up. 

"well, i was just wondering if you've seen soonyoung anywhere. i haven't seen him in along time and i'm kinda worried." 

"i haven't seen him in a while either actually. he was with yuna a couple days ago for business class, but besides that, i know nothing." hansol shrugs, and seokmin nods in understanding. 

he tells chan to go to the living room for a while, and despite his complains, he does anyway.

"h-hey, can i talk to you about something?" seokmin manages to stutter out a question. "i know you're younger and all, so you probably won't understand. the older ones have too much in their hands, so i don't wanna bother them. i was just wondering if you could probably listen to me, and give me some advice?" he stutters a few words and mumbles half of his saying. but nonetheless, hansol understood what the he was telling him. 

"yeah, sure." he smiles, and pats the spot beside him on the bed.

"i have this, friend, okay? i'm actually very straight, and i've been on a couple of dates with her before. she's just wonderful. since you know what it's like dating someone i just wanted to know." he paused in the middle of his question, and told himself that it was embarrassing to be like this in front of someone. 

"i just wanted to know how you ask them to, you know? be official. her name's lisa, lisa monabon. she's in my year and her family came to korea from thailand. cool, right? we share a lot in common, too. she's really sweet." seokmin smiles while describing her. 

"stupid, i know." he shakes his head, and looks out to the door. "i'm gonna go now, if you don't mind." 

"it's not stupid." vernon states, grabbing seokmin's wrist before he can leave. "fate is weird, alright? and we can't change that." 

"i was the cute loner from america, and seungkwan was the sassy teacher's pet back in high school. look where we are now, opposites, and a two year 'anniversary'." hansol emphasizes on the anniversary part and did small hand motions as he explained as well. 

he pursed his lips before telling seokmin, "just go with whatever your gut tells you, who knows that could happen?"

***

"just shut the up, alright?" joshua yells, silencing the entire room. jeonghan clenched his fists, already feeling angry.

"joshua, please just calm down. i don't even know how i dated you for so long. i swear, you're so hard headed," he mutters under his breath. seungcheol shot both of them a glare then continued on with what he was saying. 

"look, we just have to pretend everything is okay, alright? even if joshua disagrees, we have to. everyone practically believes us when we tell them that everything is all right. so let's keep it like that. its better like that." 

"so you're saying it's better to lie than to be honest? what kind of a lying leader are you to-" 

"joshua, shut up!" jeonghan stands up from his seat, and faces joshua. "it's better to tell everyone than to tell them everything. honestly, you've changed a lot for the worst ever since our little 'incident'. your mind has gone all ed up, and you're talking quite stupidly for the past days-" 

"well, i'm sorry, little miss princess, but i just don't want to lie alright," joshua hissed harshly, his eyes blazing with anger.

"you're acting as if you haven't lied before. it's kinda funny actually," he chuckles dryly as joshua glares angrily at him.

and before seungcheol could say anything else, the door opens. a sweaty and tired seungkwan appears from behind it. his eyes go wide as he realizes the situation in front of him.

"oops." 

[a/n]:
hi? a lot of happened this past week :((

bUT BTS' COMEBACK SAVED ME FROM THIS TY WEEK SERENDIPITY, DNA, BEST OF ME, DIMPLE, PIED PIPER, MIC DROP, GO GO, AND HER ARE SUCH BOPS (even the billboard award speech is a bop tbh)