TWO

5 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, I’d like you all to meet my cute and annoying cousin, Jolisa!” Jisoo happily exclaimed, pushing her to the front.

Jisoo’s cousin rolled her eyes before facing us and bowing, “It’s Lisa, by the way. Don’t listen to that crazy unnie.” Whispering the last part, Lisa eyed us.

We snickered, knowing how tiring Jisoo’s antics are.

 

We agreed to stay at Suho’s condo unit; that guy reluctantly offered his condo unit when he heard Jisoo asking where we should stay and hang out. Since Suho came from a wealthy family, unlike other college students who stay in dorm, his parents just bought him his own condo unit near the university. That boy was trying so hard to impress Jisoo and get her attention that he’s literally giving her everything he has. It’s almost pitiful to watch since Jisoo was oblivious to his effort.

Lying down, Baekhyun took up the whole couch. Chanyeol huffed upon seeing this and threw a pillow that hit Baekhyun’s head. Looking up, Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol and the latter stuck his tongue out. Rosie chuckled at the exchange, looking adoringly at her boyfriend.

“Ya, where will the rest of us sit if you took up the whole seat?” Chanyeol demanded, his arm around Rosie’s waist as Rosie just giggled at their childish argument.

“It’s your chance, stupid, take one seat and make Rosie sit on your lap.” Baekhyun suggested.

An epiphany seemed to hit Chanyeol because he brightened up and sat on the chair and pulled Rosie to sit on his lap. With a pink tint on her cheeks, Rosie sat on Chanyeol’s lap without a word.

“Ya, Baekhyun, what time will your friend come?” I asked as I sat on the floor, in front of Baekhyun.

Grabbing the remote control on the center table, Baekhyun merely shrugged and said, “I don’t know. He can come anytime he wants. We don’t have to wait for him.” Stretching his arms, he yawned.

Suho walked in to the living room with an ice bucket in his hand. “Sleepy already? We haven’t even gotten started yet.” Shaking his head, Suho placed the ice bucket on the center table and asked helped from Baekhyun and Chanyeol to carry the cases of beer.

 

“Let’s watch a movie first. It’s still early anyway. Let’s play games in the midnight.” Jisoo suggested while resting her head on Rosie’s shoulder.

“What should we watch?” Rosie asked, looking through the movies available on TV.

“Frozen!” Lisa exclaimed excitedly, throwing her hands up in the air.

“You’re so childish! Let’s watch Pokemon instead.” Jisoo snickered, snatching the remote from Rosie.

Huffing, I stole the remote from Jisoo and said, “Let’s watch a horror movie. It will keep us all awake.”

“Ahhh, as expected, Jendeukie is a genius!” Jisoo gave me a thumbs up sign and I rolled my eyes as I scrolled through the horror category.

 

The doorbell rung and Rosie and Lisa got up to check who it was as ordered by Jisoo.

“Hey, someone named Sehun is here.” Lisa told us.

Looking up, Jisoo said, “Isn’t that Baekhyun’s friend? Let him in.”

Nodding her head, Lisa unlocked the door and a tall guy with big ears walked in, bowing to us. We bowed back and smiled.

“I’m Oh Sehun, Baekhyun’s friend.” Holding his hand out, Lisa then Rosie took it to shake.

 

They walked to the living room and we exchanged greetings with him.

“Uh, where is Baekhyun, by the way?”

“They just took the beer cases, don’t worry, they’ll be here soon.” Jisoo smiled.

“This is a big place.” Sehun’s big eyes seemed wider with amazement as he looked around once he was seated beside Lisa.

Nodding my head in agreement, I said, “Suho’s known to be loaded.”

“What are you taking up?” Rosie piped up as she sat beside Jisoo on the couch.

Grinning, Sehun said, “Fashion.”

“My cousin, Lisa,” Jisoo nodded to the direction of Lisa and Sehun turned his head towards her. “is a Theatre Arts major. She just moved here in Korea. She used to live in Thailand with her family.”

“So, did you move here to study?” Sehun asked with interest.

“Hm, I just want to be independent.” Lisa replied, blowing her bangs off her forehead. “I’m pretty sheltered back in Thailand. My parents are overprotective. It’s a surprise that they let me move in with Jisoo.”

“Your parents trust and love me!” Jisoo exclaimed.

We rolled her eyes, not knowing whether she’s kidding or really believed that.

 

“Oh, you’re here!” We looked over our shoulder and found Baekhyun with a wide smile as he greeted Sehun with a fistbump and a pat on the back. Rolling my eyes at the stereotypical man greeting, I grabbed the remote and continued going through the categories.

“Have you met everyone?” Baekhyun asked.

Sehun hesitantly shook his head and just in time, Suho and Chanyeol walked towards them.

“So this is Suho, the owner of this house. This is Chanyeol, Rosie’s boyfriend.” Baekhyun introduced the other boys to Sehun. The latter nodded in acknowledgement and did a casual greeting.

“So let’s watch a movie now?” I piped up.

 

Everybody agreed and we got into a comfortable position in the living room. Rosie and Chanyeol were snuggling on the couch while I sit between Rosie and Baekhyun who kept grabbing my hand every time a loud noise surprises him. On the other couch, Suho kept stealing glances at Jisoo who was engrossed in the movie we were watching. Beside her, Lisa was biting her pillow down and I noticed that Sehun kept glancing at her with a faint smile on his face too.

 

The movie ended after almost two hours. By the time the lights were , Rosie was already sitting on Chanyeol’s lap, Baekhyun was holding my arm like a baby. Jisoo had a sinister smile on her face while Suho was suppressing a smile as he stares at her. Lisa looked like she was about to pass out and Sehun was pretty chill. I guess nobody would get scared when we’re all focused on something else.


 

“Ya, Jendeuk, can you come to the restroom with me?” Baekhyun whispered in my ear while the others were busy stretching and yawning.

“Do you have a death wish?” I asked with a deadpan expression.

“It’s not like I’m gonna do something to you! But what if the ghost stares at me from the ceiling?” He asked, paranoia lacing his voice.

“Then say hello to your death.” I replied

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter