ONE

5 Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lost in the words of my professor, I jumped up when I felt someone pulling my hair. Looking over my shoulder, I rolled my eyes when I saw the guy with a cheeky smile holding a lock of my hair between his forefinger and thumb. I sent him a death glare and remarked between my gritted teeth, “How old are you, Byun Baekhyun?”

Batting his eyelashes at me, he replied, “22, I’m hurt that my best friend doesn’t know.”

Sighing dramatically, Baekhyun closed his eyes as if he was disappointed with me. Shaking my head, I flipped him off. “Focus on the lecture.”

“Is there a problem there?” The booming voice of the professor startled me and I immediately faced the front, realizing that my professor was staring at me.

“Hm, let’s see…” My professor mumbled as he looked over a folder he was holding, trying to find something. “Ah, Ms. Jennie Kim? Did I get your name right?”

Swallowing the lump on my throat as I felt everyone’s eyes on me, I slowly nodded my head. “Is there a problem? Do you have something you want to share with the class?” The professor asked, pushing his eyeglasses up on his nose bridge.

Shaking my head, I croaked, “No, Sir.” The professor nodded his head in response.

“Okay then, I’ll carry on with my lecture.” Breathing a sigh of relief, I closed my eyes as I placed my palm over my chest to calm my heart.

It was a close call and it was that guy’s fault. Pretending to scratch the back of my head to hide my hand, I put my middle finger up for Baekhyun. I knew he saw it the moment I heard him chuckling softly.

 

The lecture ended without any disturbance. As I put my things inside my bag, I noticed Baekhyun in my peripheral vision.

Looking up, I found him standing beside me with his signature cheeky smile. Rolling my eyes, I huffed.

Putting his hands together in front of him in a polite manner, Baekhyun pouted. “Yah, Jennie, are you mad at me?”

Catching his gaze, I glared at him then continued shoving my things inside my bag. Standing up, I was faced with Baekhyun’s chest. I lifted my forefinger in an attempt to poke him but before I could, Baekhyun flinched and jumped away from me. Crossing his arms over his chest, Baekhyun gasped. “I didn’t know that you see me that way, Jendeukie. I’m sorry to break it to you but,” he paused as he looked at himself first then me. “You can’t touch this.”

“You’re hopeless.” I said as I shook my head at his obnoxiousness. I swung my bag over my shoulder as I walked out of the classroom.

Behind me, I could hear Baekhyun walking fast to match my pace. I happily walked by myself when I was caught in a headlock. Trying to remove the arms around my head, I looked up and saw Baekhyun chuckling. Gritting my teeth, I stepped hard on his toe and Baekhyun automatically released his hold on me as he jumped on one leg.

“Ya, Jendeukie! You’re too much!” Baekhyun called out as I continued walking away from him.

Proceeding to the cafeteria, I bought some snacks for myself then found my other best friend alone in a table.

“Hey!” I greeted as I sat on the chair beside Jisoo. Jisoo reached for her water bottle and drunk, swallowing a bite of the burger she took.

Scrunching my nose, I shook my head as I observed the sight in front of me. “I still don’t know how we became friends.” I mumbled.

I still didn’t understand how someone as pretty as Jisoo could be weird and sloppy.

She’s known as the goddess of the Music department because of her ethereal features. Her eyelashes were long, her eyes sparkled, and her lips were heart-shaped. But those same lips were trying to gobble down a whole burger. Sighing, I waited for Jisoo to finish eating.

 

Once Jisoo swallowed everything, she turned to look at me and spoke with ful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter