Mr. Interesting

KwaniNoni Drabbles.

Vernon wasn’t a guy with a lot of excitement in his life. His days excitingly consisted of, wake up, go to school, go to work, and on sundays attend church to please his overly attentive mother. Other than that, he hadn’t had much to do. Oh, he has friends but they lived far away and most of them were busy with their own “adventurous” lifestyles to bother making plans with him.

Vernon stood at the bus stop after his last class on his way to work on a particularly ‘invigorating’ afternoon. The backpack he had slung over his shoulder started to slip so he shifted tugging the strap further upwards, groaning when he struggled. I really need to work out, he thought.

Next to him were a group of high school girls. Vernon more or less knew he was handsome, he knew his ‘exotic’ and ‘foreign’ looks gained him a plethora of unwanted attention. Trying to ignore the slight giggles and pointed stares he swore he could feel, he startled when someone ran right into him.

The bump wasn't particularly harsh, but it sure did send Vernon flat on his .

“Oh mai gawsh!”

The brunette looked up to see the cause of his predicament and was met with an….an angel?

The sun was remarkably bright, whoever was standing in front of him was rendered unrecognizable because of the blinding light surrounding him. Soon enough human features came into view as the boy leaned down, coming in closer. Vernon blinked, then blinked again, completely speechless by the blonde beauty before him. Had he hit his head? Was he dreaming?

“....llo???”

Vernon found himself wearing a fond smile, tilting his head a bit to look up at the mysterious boy’s furrowed eyebrows, adorably chubby cheeks, and perfectly plump lips.

“Dude?! Are you okay??”

Vernon whistled. Even his voice was lovely.

“Okay, so I knocked him stupid…” Vernon squinted, he was hearing some sort of Jeju satoori masked by the imitation of a Seoul accent. The boy looked around him for a moment before grabbing Vernon’s hand, pulling him upward. Once he was up Vernon just stared agape at where their hands intertwined. He could feel his stomach flip and flop unceremoniously, the boys hands felt….nice. Was it even normal to feel so elated from holding someone’s hand? Had he been devoid of human contact for that long? “Sorry, I need your hand for a second.”

Then like magic the boy snuggled in closer laying his head on Vernon’s wide set shoulders, and buried his face in the other’s neck. Vernon tensed, wondering why a stranger was being so touchy and more importantly why the flutters in the pit of his were moving in such a frenzy. He took deep breaths to calm his heart rate in fear that everyone could hear the loud thumps.

Suddenly a group of men in black ran by. Vernon could tell they were loan sharks simply by the tacky suits and shady glasses. They frantically searched around calling out a name like ‘Seungkwan’.

Judging by the way the blonde boy stiffened and his grasp tightened, Vernon inferred that he was the infamous Seungkwan these guys were so desperately looking for. The men were approaching them and he could hear the sweat falling. One of the guys questioned the group of girls who all smartly denied seeing a ‘blonde boy with chubby cheeks and a pink t-shirt’ run pass. They turned to Vernon but before they could get a good look at either of their faces, Vernon acted fast.

Twirling them around he murmured a quickened ‘sorry’ before placing a warm hand on the apple of the boy’s cheeks and pressing their lips together in a chaste kiss. Vernon could feel the boy jump in his skin but soon enough he pressed back against him. Vernon could cry at how soft felt and how good he smelled. However, this was not the time for him to be a creep as his happiness was short lived when the boy pulled away looking over Vernon’s shoulder (which he had to get on his tippy-toes to achieve, Vernon noted).

“The gangsters are gone!” the boy exclaimed happily looking back at Vernon and turning a deep shade of red at how close they were before placing his hands on Vernon’s chest and escaping his embrace. “Uh-um tha-thanks….” the blush subsided for a moment but came back when he saw the heart smile the taller sported. “U-uh...d-don’t worry about that thing or anything, it’s not li-like it was my first or a-anything……” Seungkwan(?) felt his ears go hot as he continued to babble on leaking unnecessarily intimate details. Vernon blinked. “Aish! Stop staring at me!” the blonde shouted taking a few steps back. “If you’re really up-upset about the k-k-ki...that, then here.” the boy handed him a small rectangular card like a business card, except more….eccentric?

“Uh…” Vernon was confuzzled at the brightly colored rectangle instead of boring professional print. It read: “Boo Seungkwan. Aspiring Comedian. Kimbap-ie Kidding Delivery Service.” It was certainly strange but Vernon couldn’t hide the fond smile that played on his lips after reading it a few times. When he looked up he saw the boy’s retreating back only catching the glance he gave as he climbed on the bus.

“I’ll be expecting your call, Leonardo Dicaprio.” Seungkwan winked before the bus doors closed and sped off down the street.

It took Vernon at least two minutes to realize he just missed his bus. And another three to call his job to let them know he would be late.

However, it only took him till that night to arrange a coffee date with the boy from the bus stop.

Things were starting to look a little bit interesting.