SIX. an offer

The Little Blue Bird (an epic high fantasy saga)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well congratulations Seolhyun. I must appoint you as a Knight of Kurasaki now. Will you accept my offer?” Seokjin asks me as we are in the middle of our travels back to the Kurasaki palace.

“I will.” I smile. The formalities are still present, but I had gotten to know Seokjin better on the trip – discovering his kindness and authority.

“Well, we shall make a trip to Haven then. All knights study, train, and get appointed in Haven, so it will be my treat.”

“Well thank you, Prince.” I am truly grateful for the opportunity that he has granted me. To be Knight would mean that many of my financial troubles would be solved, as the position paid quite generously and the benefits were bountiful. And, although Haven was quite the distance from Kurasaki, it was a beautiful northern town that was well known for its luxurious accommodations.

“On one condition. You are to serve me directly, and only me. You will be a 1st degree knight, which means I get full control of you.” He grinned as he said that.

But, even if I hated to work under him, which I didn’t, a 1st degree knight was an honor only few could experience. It granted access to the arsenal of artillery Kurasaki held and made one incredibly powerful in many discussions. Plus, generally, a 1st degree knight directly served a nobleman or in this case, the Crown Prince of Kurasaki itself.

“Well I’ve got nothing ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter