THREE. coronation

The Little Blue Bird (an epic high fantasy saga)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been three days since I first began my detailed study of the castle runes. I’ve noticed two patterns, suggesting two separate languages. One of the languages seems more organized and structured, while another is chaotic and seems to try and draw as much possible by using up as much as possible. Inefficient, in my opinion. The more I look at the runes, the more I seem to understand them, even while not truly learning anything at all.

“Following orders, I see.”

“Good morning, Your Highness.” He’s dressed in a full white uniform, complete with his formal weaponry. I must admit, he is quite the attractive man.

“To you as well, Seolhyun.” He sits down on a white bench, next to a similarly colored rose bush, beckoning with his hands for me to sit next to him. I oblige.

The sky is a soft blue, dotted with white fluffy clouds; it is a beautiful day. A soft, gentle breeze blows by, and his soft caramel hair flows in the wind.

“Today, my sister becomes queen.” He’s talking about Princess Joohyun, the daughter of the current Queen Consort. He’s related to her only by the deceased king.

“Are you afraid?” I ask, curious to see what he thinks about someone else ruling the nation.

“Actually, yes. I’m not close with her at all, but from what my servants say, she’s got an agenda that could end up destroying Kurasaki.” He looks up into my eyes.

“And,” he adds, “the Crown Princess is what made most of your people leave the kingdom anyways.”

“That is true,” I respond, reminiscing. The Crown Princess had enacted many laws that unjustly punished members of the Mage Association that protected much of the royalty. Notably, she had executed Bora, a powerful royal Flux witch. It had caused the primary exodus of mages from the kingdom. Hunter mages were never addressed in her attacks, at least not yet, but most of my fellow Hunters left in apprehension. The other 4 remaining mages were Flux mages, who wanted, selfishly, the continued resources that the castle offered.

“Will you be going to her coronation?”

“I’m afraid I wasn’t planning on it.” Too many humans, too many prying eyes. I enjoyed the comforting isolation the gardens offered, and the secluded quarters of mine in the Lower City; they lacked large g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter