TWO. rajin's plea

The Little Blue Bird (an epic high fantasy saga)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky today is a heather grey; the clouds are an endless sea in the sky, stormy and seamless. A smell of rain permeates the city. She bumps into me suddenly, her cloudy aura exploding into mine.

“Rajin.” I stand defiantly, staring her down. She’s wearing simple grey robes, and I can sense the arsenal of stones she carries. She’s fully armed.

“Seolhyun!” she smirks, blue eyes twinkling, “I have found you at last. Still frolicking with those petty humans I see. What a shame, we could use some Hunters like you.”

I don’t respond. I know that she’s right; the mages of today are being hunted down by the humans, simply because they are afraid of our powers. Without Hunters, we would be vulnerable, for Hunters are the best fighters amongst all the mages. The others, Fullburst, Assassins, and Flux mages have their own uses.

“Seolhyun,” she whispers and reaches out to grab my hands with her cold, delicate fingers, “why must you forget about your brothers and sisters? We must stand united against the wrath of humanity. Please.” Her last word is infused with a deep sorrow, and I look at her straight in her pitiful eyes.

“I need you to promise me that you will not let your kindness get the better of you.”

“I’m not a saint, Rajin. You know why I’m still in the castle.”

“For the money, you say. But I know you. There’s something else you’re hiding. But I will not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter