ONE. the beginning of things

The Little Blue Bird (an epic high fantasy saga)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you staring at?” My heart jumps and skips a beat in shock.

“Ah, you’ve scared me!” I turn around to see who has come to interrupt my peaceful stroll in the gardens; the golden boy, Prince Jin, leans against the arch of the entrance. “My apologies, Your Highness, for my poor manners.”

The pale faced boy shakes his head. “No, my lady, it is my wrong. I am sorry for scaring you.”

I am stunned. A royal, apologizing to someone like me? A human, apologizing to a witch? Laughable.

“You come here everyday.” His voice is a soft whisper, so beautifully melodious.

“How do you know that?” Has he been tracking me?

“Because I always see you here. You look at the runes here, you see something in them.” He glances at the etchings of powerful markings, runes, that have been placed here for a variety of reasons. Some are remains of weapons; others are thresholds of safety that protect the entire castle. He catches my eye as I follow his.

“They are a unique form of magic.”

“Tell me what they do.”

“Humans don’t care for magic.”

“I want to know.” He stands up straight, and walks up closer to me.

“It is better if you-”

“Seolhyun. You are one of five witches remaining in the kingdom that have not turned against us. Please let me help my kingdom. Tell me what these

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter