Chapter 2| First Encounter

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kim Seokjin and I had been best friends since we were young. He was about a year older than me, having already graduated from high school, but he was always there for me whenever I needed him, and vice versa. Our parents were close friends, his dad being a famous surgeon and his mother a successful lawyer. Recently, he'd begun studying to become a doctor at Seoul National University, so he'd been quite busy. I hadn't seen him in a while, so I was glad when he opened the door immediately upon me knocking.

 "Woah, Areum, what happened?" He asked, taking in my dishevelled appearance. I sighed, stepping into the house after taking off my shoes.

 "My parents happened. As well as a certain Oh group," I muttered. He grabbed my arm and gently dragged me into his bedroom, where I immediately flopped onto his bed exhaustedly. He climbed on after me, staring at me with a raised eyebrow while poking me in the stomach. 

 "Care to explain?"

 "My parents want me to marry the Oh group's heir, Oh Se-he's so ing wonderful-hun," I grumbled. I heard Jin's sharp intake of breath and I groaned into the sheets, wanting to crawl into a hole and never come out.

 "Damn," He winced. "That does sound wonderful."

 I glared at him. "You're not helping." I fell back into the pillow, feeling tears prickle my eyes again. "I don't want to do this. I don't want to marry a total stranger..." I whispered, rubbing my face tiredly and willing myself not to cry.

 Jin sighed and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. I rested my head into the crook of his neck as he my hair, tears falling down my cheeks. Jin had always been like the older brother I'd never had and the best friend I could ever ask for.

 "Hey, it's gonna be alright," he whispered softly, my hair. "If it makes you feel any better, I'd happily punch this Oh Sehun's face if he ever treats you badly."

 Despite the situation, I laugh quietly, feeling a few tears slip down my cheeks. "That'd be nice, but I don't think my parents would be particularly happy if you punched my future husband and CEO of our companies."

 "Ah, more's the pity."

 I laughed again and sat up. Jin had temporarily gotten rid of my bad mood, but it hung over me like a cloud, refusing to leave completely. "Why couldn't I have just married you?" I sighed, flopping back on the bed. I was joking, of course. 

 The other boy snorted. "Honey, as much as I love you, I'm pretty sure that'd be quite awkward if we ended up marrying-"

 "I was joking, you head!" I grumbled, punching him in the arm. He laughed again and I couldn't help smiling. There was something about Jin's laugh that was infectious.

 "C'mon. Go get changed and we can watch a movie and cry about all our problems while eating ice cream, okay?" He gently nudged me off the bed towards the wardrobe where I kept a few of my clothes for when I stayed over.

 "You always know how to cheer me up," I chuckled, grabbing a pair of grey sweats, an oversized shirt and one of Jin's hoodies. "Ice cream sounds great right now."

 After changing, Jin and I sat on the bed watching reruns of some sappy drama. The rich boy had just broken up with his commoner-status girlfriend upon his mother's insistence and now the girl was sobbing and screaming at him.

 "What a dramatic bimbo," I commented, another spoon of sweet vanilla ice cream.

 "True, but that guy was a bit of a dickhead too," Jin replied. "He was quite harsh."

 I shrugged. "True. They're both idiots."

 We stayed silent for the rest of the episode, enjoying each other's company before my phone suddenly buzzed. It was a text from my parents. I was tempted to ignore it, but gave in eventually. Giving my parents the silent treatment wouldn't do anything for me now.

[To: Areum]

[From: Dad]

Areum, we're having dinner with the Oh's tomorrow at 6 so you can personally meet them. Jae Sun will pick you up at 4:30. I expect no complaint and for you to be on your best behaviour when meeting with Sehun. Until then, you can have fun, relax and scream and rant all you want. -Love, Dad.

I scoffed, before my phone buzzed again.

[To: Areum]

[From: Dad]

Oh, and say hi to Jin for me.

 I rolled my eyes, not bothering to respond before throwing my phone onto the bedside table, my sour mood now returning. My dad just had to remind me of what was happening tomorrow, didn't he?

 "What's wrong?" Jin asked, sensing my irritation.

 "Dad wants me to meet the Ohs tomorrow. We're having dinner with them," I explained, sighing. It occurred to me that it would be my first time meeting with my fiance. Now I was nervous as well as annoyed.

 "Oh. Have fun," He responded helpfully. "My offer to punch this guy in the face still stands."

 I rolled my eyes again, but a small smile wormed its way onto my face. "Thanks, Jin. Nice to know you've always got my back."

 "Always," he winked at me and I scrunched my nose, jabbing him in the side.

***********************

 We arrived at the fancy restaurant a few minutes before 6. I took a deep breath as I climbed out of the limousine, smoothing out my dress. After Jae Sun had picked me up, Sunny had forced me to take a shower, wash my hair and face before tormenting me for an hour with various makeup products, hair irons and dresses. The end result was me feeling exhausted before the night had even begun. I had to admit, she did do a good job though. My hair hung in loose curls down my back. My outfit was a simple black lace skater dress with a thin belt around my waist and shiny black pumps

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter