Chapter 42| Wedding Dress

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Breaking News: The new ship SeReum might be sinking!]

Relationships are complicated, and the one between Oh Group's Sehun and Kim Group's Areum is no exception. Just yesterday, the two were spotted having a heated argument outside their school. Other students who witnessed the spectacle claim it was 'completely unlike their usual relationship', with others confirming that while the two are fond of bickering playfully, their relationship is usually very sweet. 

Rumours have begun to spread about their relationship falling out and breaking apart, especially since the arrival of two new students, Kim Taehyung and Bae Joohyun - which seemed to have sparked some tension and jealousy between the two lovers. The exact details are still unclear, however, it is well known that Sehun and Joohyun are good friends, the same applying for Areum and Taehyung. 

Will these two manage to salvage their love, or will our favourite ship SeReum start to sink?

Written by: Kang Soojin

 

[Breaking News: Sehun caught in an affair with Bae Joohyun?!]

Shortly after their heated argument outside their school, Oh Group's Sehun and Kim Group's Areum were seen angrily parting ways. While Areum's location was unconfirmed, Sehun was soon spotted with his close friend, Bae Joohyun, at an ice cream store nearby. Rumours circulating the school have claimed that Joohyun and Sehun seem to be incredibly close - to the point where many students suspect that he is in an affair with her behind Areum's back!

"We've been incredibly close ever since we were kids," Joohyun said after being questioned. "In fact, we even made a silly promise when we were kids that, in the future, we'd marry each other. Of course, we were just oblivious kids back then."

She skirted any questions about being in an affair with Sehun. 

Sehun and Areum's parents have also been questioned in response to this scandal. "I'm sure it's nothing major," Mr Oh says easily. "Sehun and Joohyun are indeed very close, but my son would definitely not cheat or lie in these sorts of matters. Couples fight all the time, and this is no exception. I'm sure there is no reason that the engagement or the merger will be halted."

There has been no comment from either Sehun or Areum. 

Written by: Jang Minji

***********************

'Do you ever have those moments where you wish you were an armadillo just so you could curl up into a ball and hide from your problems?'

I sighed tiredly, turning off my phone and chucking it on my bed. After our argument, I'd decided to stay at my parent's house. I didn't really want to see Sehun at that point. 

I scowled in frustration, flopping back on my bed. Everything was being blown way out of proportion - the argument, the rumours, everything. I threw an arm over my eyes. 'Why does everything have to be so complicated?'

Suddenly, the door to my room opened. "Hey kiddo." 

I blinked and looked up to see my dad, dressed in his usual corporate gear peeking his head through the door. He gave me a soft smile. "How are feeling?"

"Spectacular," I muttered sarcastically, slumping my shoulders glumly. "The media won't leave me alone."

"I know," he gave me a sympathetic look. "I know this probably isn't the best time right now, but... you know how you are graduating soon, and that means-"

"The wedding, yes I know," I scowled. I didn't want to think about it. "What about it?"

He grimaced. "Well, your mother has already begun the planning process and so she, uh, booked a session with the tailor for your wedding dress."

I bolted upright, eyes widening. "What!? Already!?"

He nodded, looking sheepish. "Please don't shoot the messenger," he said, raising his arms in a gesture of surrender. "Your appointment is at 12 today... and Sehun's going to be there too."

My scowl came back immediately, falling back on the bed with an undignified woosh of air. "Great. Just great. Just what I needed for my Saturday afternoon."

"I'm not sure if it'll help, but you can ask one of your friends to come," he offered. "Call Taeyeon or something. Sunny will also be there to help with the process."

Still sullen, I nodded. "From what I hear, Sehun's mother also invited that girl... Joohyun was it?... She's, uh, going to be there as well." My dad added, voice quiet.

I closed my eyes, covering my eyes with my arm. "I figured," I muttered quietly. "Her mum's a famous fashion designer - wouldn't be surprised if she's helping to design the dress."

Oh, the irony.

My dad nodded, looking distinctly uncomfortable. "Will you be okay? I can ask your mother to move the appointment. I can say my heartbroken daughter is in no shape to help plan a wedding with her douche of a boyfriend?"

Giving a weak laugh and sitting up, I shook my head and sighed. "No, it's okay. I'll go - I'll just do my best to ignore him as much as possible."

"That's my girl. Give him the cold shoulder - show him who's boss," my dad winked and I laughed again, now significantly more cheered up. He walked over and gave me a soft peck on the forehead, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "I love you, you know that? And I'm proud of you no matter what. After today, you can forget this Sehun business and just take the day to relax, okay? Your health is most important, you know."

I nodded, hugging my dad's waist, feeling like a little girl again. Tears began to prickle my eyes at his words. "I know dad. I love you too."

"Alrighty, I'll see you later, alright?" he ruffled my head one last time before leaving my room. I sighed, reluctantly climbing out of my bed and trudging to my closet to change out of my pyjamas. 

'How I wish I was an armadillo.'

*******************

"Areum! You're here!" Sehun's mother turned and noticed me first as I entered the large, fancy boutique. Giving her a weak smile, I surveyed the room. It had a vintage theme, the cream walls covered with racks upon racks of various wedding dresses, with the occasional mannequin displaying a particularly opulent dress. Further in there were also suits on display, the men's section, where my blonde boyfriend would be going later. 

Speaking of Sehun, my eyes inevitably landed on him. I found him already staring at me, expression controlled. He seemed tired, his cheeks paler than usual. I frowned, feeling a stab of concern before my gaze shifted to the woman next to him. My stomach twisted. Joohyun was standing there, apparently engaged in a conversation with him before I'd arrived. I also noticed Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol standing nearby. Baehyun gave me an excited wave while the other two nodded in acknowledgement, smiling. I waved back, giving them a forced smile. 

Forcing myself to tear my attention away from them, I noticed Sunny and Taeyeon engaged in a conversation with a familiar figure, a measuring tape around her neck and a pair of black framed glasses perched on her nose. I blinked. 

"Hyuna?"

She glanced up and smirked. "Ah, so the princess of the day finally shows up."

"Ari!" Sunny chirped. "How are you doing? I was just talking to Hyuna here, turns out her mother actually owns this boutique and she's helping out today!"

I blinked. "You're helping out?"

"I'm helping you put together a wedding dress that will shock everyone and make history," she declared. "It will be unforgettable, stun everyone present and knock the socks off your little husband over there."

I blinked, briefly glancing at Sehun who had his back turned to me. "Oh..."

"Oh?" She plucked an eyebrow. "That's all you have to say? No word of thanks or gestures of gratitude?"

I shrugged. "...Thanks?"

She merely scoffed. Taeyeon approached us. "Hey, it looks like we're about to start. Areum, you're needed over there."

Following her, we entered a separate room that was more spacious and had fewer racks of dresses. A large mirror and a raised dais stood on one side of the room, while several couches and seats were spread across the place. A small glass coffee table was placed nearby the couches with various fashion magazines spread across its top. I saw a small curtained area in the corner and assumed it was the changing room.

"Areum, come meet our designer," my mother called from across the room. I approached to see tall, beautiful looking woman with dyed red hair who seemed to be in her late thirties. She looked intimidating, powerful and confident. Immediately, I could see resemblances between her and Hyuna. This woma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter