Chapter 1| The Engagement

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Like most people, I quite enjoy Friday nights. After a hectic week at school, it's nice to finally be able to lay back and relax.

 So it was certainly not the most pleasant surprise when I received a text from my parents telling me to meet them at the office straight after school. In fact, it's quite disappointing considering I had been looking forward to going home and watching the new episodes of Sherlock. But hey, I guess you can't have everything in life, can you? Even when you're the daughter of a billionaire CEO.

 I sigh as the familiar black limo makes its way over and parks by the gate outside my school. Jae Sun, my family chauffeur since childhood steps out and opens the door for me. "Hey Jae Sun," I greet politely, sliding into the vehicle.

 "Good afternoon, miss," he smiles back, forever formal. "To your parents' office?"

 I nod, "Any ideas as to why they've called me on such a short notice?"

 The middle-aged man frowned ever so slightly. "No, miss, I can't say I have any. Although I do believe it's something to do with a contract of some sort."

 I shrug, deciding to worry about it when I got there. Soon, we arrived at the headquarters and I was whisked away by my makeup artist, Sunny. She was a friendly woman who acted like my older sister.

 "Hey, Ari! How was school?" She chirped as she pushed me into a dressing room with a simple black work dress shoved into my arms.

 "Exhausting, like it always is," I replied, my voice slightly muffled by the curtain of the changing room. "I was looking forward to watching Sherlock when I got home."

 The older woman chuckled. "Oh youngsters, always complaining and whining about everything."

 I wisely chose not to respond, knowing she was just pulling my leg. I stepped out of the changing room and Sunny sat me down in front of a mirror, tugging my hair out of its messy ponytail and frowning disapprovingly. "I thought I taught you how to braid your hair? Why don't you ever do it? Your hair looks really lovely in a braid, you know?"

 I scrunched my nose. "Takes too long in the morning."

 "And why do you never wear any makeup to school?!" I sighed at her nagging. We had had this conversation many times in the past.

 "Like I said, too much time," I grumbled as her fingers deftly parted my hair into three bunches.

 Within moments, she had my hair in a long braid down my shoulder. I glanced at her and she nodded in approval.

 "Who am I kidding? You don't need any makeup. You look beautiful enough already," She huffed, crossing her arms. "I'm almost jealous. You never get any acne."

 I grinned at her. "I know, aren't I just amazing?"

 She merely rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Now out you get. Your parents are waiting in their office."

 I nodded and headed out towards the elevator. Around me, workers recognised me and bowed as I walked by. It's been like this, ever since I first began coming to headquarters, so I wasn't fazed.

 Arriving on the top floor of the building, I knocked on the door of my parents' large office. A soft 'come in' prompted me to enter the airy room. My parents smiled at me and gestured me to sit down. "Now, I know this may be a bit of a surprise, but I promise it's for a good cause,' my dad said, handing me a sheet of paper. I frowned in confusion before reading it.

 My blood ran cold.

 "You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter