Return

Swipe Right
Please log in to read the full chapter

  Summer approaches which means I will be returning to my hometown for a few months just to relax and see my family again. Throughout the school year, I text Daehyun, but not as often as you would expect. I guess it's because we get so caught up in our lives, we end up messaging each other spontaneously. Towards the end of the day, however, we try to text each other as much as we can before going to sleep.

  We did agree that our relationship was going to fast, so we take a step back and decide to start somewhat all over. I mean, we did kiss on the first date, and we weren't a couple at that time. It's best if we just remain friends until we know for sure we can take a step further. Part of me wants to believe that, but then the other part just wants me to be with him. It's certainly not easy to forget a kiss where I actually felt something.

  I meet up with Jongin in the morning before I start driving home. We meet in the cafe that Daehyun and I went to on that special Saturday because it's a nice place to hangout and get a good cup of coffee. Like always, I order the usual and rub my thumb along the handle of the cup. "Another year finished," I point out with a smile.

  Jongin nods. "Yeah, and it was hell."

  We laugh, half out of the joke while the other half out of tears because it's the truth. This year wasn't easy at all, but it's worth it in the end. Everyone will go through struggles, and it's your choice whether you want to face it or not. And let's say we went through hell and back with all the stuff piled together.

  I take a sip. "What are you going to do when you go home?"

  Jongin shifts in his seat and places his hands behind his head. His eyes follow a girl that passes by us. "Actually, I'm thinking of doing a roadtrip by myself," he states and start explaining right after, "Not a lot of people like traveling alone, but I think it'll be a nice trip just to relax and get away from the world. After that, I'll visit my parents and stay there for a bit and take a part-time job. Now, the question I want to ask you is: Are you going to visit Daehyun when you go home? I think you told me he still lives where you grew up."

   Just thinking about seeing Daehyun again makes me smile out of instinct. I hold my cup in between my palms and feel the warmth radiating from it. It soothes me, and I feel at peace as I remember our first meeting. "Yeah, I'm thinking of visiting him whenever he has free time. I just don't know how many times I'll see him though." I give him a slight wink.

  Jongin snickers. "I thought you said you two were going to take it slow."

  "We are! But that doesn't mean I can't see him. Anyways, after summer's over, we have to come back here and I'll be separated from him again! I have to make use of all the free time I have before I leave. I mean, he could visit me sometimes since it's not a long drive, but considering how he works five days a week mean, he can't do it too often since he needs rest."

  "Alright. Alright." Jongin raises his hands to stop me from talking. "You don't need to explain yourself too much."

  "Oops. It's a habit." I take another sip of my mocha and then realize I had nothing left.

 We begin talking about other things as long as it's nothing school related until it was time for me to go. I get up and give Jongin a hug with a pat on his back as he does the same. "Well, I'll see you when we get back," I say. "And maybe once you're back on your trip, you'll find a nice girl?"

  He laughs. "Yeah, yeah. You never know. And don't miss me too much because I know how much you love me," he teases, "But don't worry. I'll be posting a lot about the trips anyways, so you can see my face when you miss it. Oh, and you'll also see how much fun I'll be having." With a single wave, he says, "See you later, Youngjae."

  "See you." And we go our separate ways.

   I really can't wait till I get home because the first thing I'll do is say hi to my family and answer any questions they have, unpack, and then hopefully see Daehyun for dinner. That's what we agreed on since I'm pretty sure my family will want to hear all about my year and Daehyun will need to finish up whatever he needs to at work.

  By the time I arrive, my family swarms me with hugs and questions. They help me bring my stuff to my old room and invite me to eat lunch where I tell them everything that happened. I did tell them about Daehyun, and they were glad that I have someone like him in my life. I didn't tell them that we were together since we aren't exactly together, but when the time is right, I'll tell them everything.

  It probably takes me about two hours to unpack as I hang some of my clothes in the closet and fix some of my decorations that I brought from my other home. This also

Please log in to read the full chapter