Innocent Danger

Training Danger

“So Youngbae.”


I played with the ends of my long brown hair, making small messy braids lazily as I leaned back on my chair. I had absolutely no interest in this conversation that guy tried to make for the last ten minutes. All I hear was blah this, blah that... but after seeing how uncomfortable he looked, I decided to break my silence.


“Ah.. yes?” He answered in an unsure tone.

“I don’t really get all these... mentoring thingy. So does that mean you’re going to teach me... stuff?”


My legs were folded up on the chair, blocking my vision of him. That guy was radiating so much happy go lucky positive vibes he’s giving me a headache!


“That’s the plan. Sajangnim has so much hope in you guys so he wants us to help you become stars.”


See, I wasn’t even looking at him but I just knew he’s smiling at me! I could totally see bright aura shining behind my knees! I had been curled up in this position for so long I couldn’t feel my anymore, but If I put my legs down I might just go blind from all those light. Seriously, he left me no choice. 


“And when you said ‘you guys’...” I massaged my temple a bit. “Who exactly are you talking about?”

“Oh you know.. those friends of yours.”

“I don’t have friends here!” I barked at him.

“we-well, then those... three girls... are they not your friends?”


I didn’t answer him. I had always been the lonely girl. People found me distant and awkward towards them, and that couldn’t be more true. I hated talking to strangers. I didn’t like social gatherings as I couldn’t get myself involved in meaningless conversations. I hated it when people talk to you just to be ‘nice’ or just because of common sense. They expect me to respond to their effort? What the hell?


But for the first time in my life, I found people who were... just like me. Those three were the closest thing I had as a friend. But can I really call them... my... friends?


“Why the special treatment though?” I asked him again. 

“Special treatment?”

“Stop acting like a fool. There are so many talented trainees here, why did he specifically order you to be our mentor?”

“Oh.” He murmured. “I’m not going to be mentoring all four of you.”


Hmm? I decided to change my position and sit with my leg crossed on the chair.

For the first time since he arrived, I actually took the time to take a good look at the well built boy.


Youngbae was sitting in an uptight position, with his back straight and his arms between his legs. I almost laughed at the sight. He’s... cute, I had to admit that. It’s only that glowing innocent aura I couldn’t stand!


I kept staring at him as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Tsch. He should at least meet my eyes and face me like a man!


“Each one of us is going to guide each of you.” He cleared his throat.

“Us?”

“You know.. Big Bang members.”

“No. I don’t know.”


He seemed a bit taken aback. Okay, what was this ‘Big Bang’ thing anyway?
This time I didn’t mean to be disrespectful towards him, I seriously didn’t know. The name felt somewhat familiar though...


“So what are you... like, a group of vocal trainers?” I asked him.


Youngbae let out an agitated laugh.


“I guess we should start there then.”

“Hmmm?”

“First.. let me tell you... about Big Bang.”