Testing Trouble

Training Danger

“So, Gong Minji right?”

 

 

I opened my eyes. Truthfully, I had no idea why I’m here. I had been leaning back on my chair with my arms folded for the past hour or so, waiting for something to happen.

That ‘something’ turned out to be some random dude in casual blue shirt. He showed up a few minutes ago with an orange file holder in his hands and took a seat across the table. What did he want?

He stared at me. Was he expecting something from me?

 

“Gong Minji, age 17. Correct?”

 

He read out from his file. Rude much? At least introduce yourself before talking to me, you senseless person!

I remained silent.

He placed his elbows on the table, leaning forward. His eyes were still fixed on me. What’s with this guy? I stared back at him, not moving from my position.

It’s not the first time this kind of thing happened to me. They think I’m disobedient and uncooperative. Adults try to make me talk, but there really was nothing to talk about! Do I have to comment on everything and give them unnecessary aegyo all the time? What does it take for them to leave me alone?

 

The guy smiled. “Do you know me?”

 

Okay, now he’s just being annoying. Why on earth would I know him??

Is he crazy?

That thought must have showed in my face, because he let out a small chuckle.

 

“No, I guess? God you should try watching TV. I know trainees aren’t supposed to do that much, but not knowing your sunbae... that’s too much!”

 

I started to think about what mistake I did recently. Hmm. I didn’t talk back to anyone. I attended every class this week (new record!). I didn’t have fights with other kids... So why did they put me here, exactly?

 

“You don’t talk much, do you?”

 

No joke. I’d rather go up and down the stairs a hundred times than talking to you. And this building had eight floors!

 

“Aiishhh. This won’t do. I can’t do all the talking here.”

 

Um look that's what you’re doing right now, smartass.

He leaned further, bringing our faces closer.

 

“Minji-ah, I heard you’re an excellent dancer.” He smiled. “Wait, it’s okay to call you that right? I’m older than you.. so...”

 

Another chuckle. “You also excel in singing?”

 

Duh. Now he’s just reading that from his file. I wonder what else was there. Maybe it listed bad things about me too?

This was definitely a counseling session. Either that or punishing session.

 

...maybe both.

 

Being stuck with this chatty weird guy surely counts as punishment. It had only been a few minutes, but this guy was killing me! I maintained my gesture trying to remain calm... but dear Lord I suffered enough! Can I go out now?

 

“If it’s true then you’re an amazing kid, Minji-ah.” He placed his fist under his chin, leaning his head with his elbow supporting it.

 

“You’re showing much more progress than the other three, so that’s probably why you’re here.”

 

Okay that didn’t make any sense at all.

 

“I’m the best of my group, you’re the best of your group, This is perfect! You have a lot to learn from me.” He snapped his fingers. “You should start learning rap. It only makes sense  since you can dance and sing well.”

 

The other three.. is he talking about the unnies?

 

He scribbled on his file excitedly. “I got the one with most talent! So young, so much potential!”

 

That’s it. I shot him an irritated look.

 

“Who are you?” I finally opened my mouth.

 

“Ah I haven’t Introduced myself, have I?” He scratched his cheek. Grinning, he gave what looked to me as an insincere bow.

 

“My name is Lee Seungri. Starting from now on, I’m your mentor.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Special shoutout to browneyesmouse04 for being such a darl by commenting on this story! That means a lot so THANKSS! and also many thanks for you subscribers! can't believe people are actually reading this... *wipes happy tears

lol I'm still working on Fast Lane  but couldn't resist posting another chapter here.

 

Which girl should come up next? hmmm ;P