Part 2 - Chapter 1

Our sweet little secrets

Seoul National High School, 2017 ( 7 months later, after National Public High School Exams)

Jungkook's P.O.V

7 months ago, I lost everything in one day. Anita would still have lunch with me, but everything else has changed.

She doesn't hit me or poke me anymore, and if she accidentally does that, she would apologise to me , as if I am merely a classmate she hasn't spoken more than a few words with.

She told me her boyfriend would pick her up to school, so she doesn't hold onto my waist like she used to when I drive her to school with my bicycle.

She doesn't even tell me which university she has applied to, probably Seoul National University.

Even if she did, it's not like I will even get in!  She's just worried that I will disturb her and her smart boyfriend in SNU!

After school, Kim Tae Hyung would walk past me quickly and wait outside 3A, Anita's classroom, and I heard them saying that they would go to this newly opened cafe, and the other day, his HOUSE, and she calls him oppa.

She once told me she finds girls who call their boyfriends oppa disgusting, and now she is doing this...

How much must she love him for her to break her rules? Knowing that she was never the type that changes herself for anyone...

I wish I could just walk up to them and pull her away from him and kiss her like how I did in my dreams and tell her she is mine. But she is my best friend, I don't want to even lose my best friend. I love her too much, I'd rather see her happy from far away and try to protect her as much as I could.

We have graduated.  On that day, Kim Taehyung and Anita didn't come, including their families. 

I went to her best friend (  at school) and asked her furiously ' Where is Anita? Where is she?! What the xxxx happened?'

Irene looks at me sympathetically and sighs' I am sorry Jungkook. Anita has left for Oxford, she got accepted into English Literature. She didn't mean to hide it from you.'

I felt my anger rose to a level that has never been so high before- suddenly it dropped. It dropped to a dark, deep pit that I couldn't climb up from it anymore for the next 15 years. I am heartbroken. My best friend, argh that, the girl that I loved for so long has left without a goodbye to a foreign country. What do I even mean to her? So I have become nothing after she has her smart, handsome boyfriend? How could she do that to me? She literally stabbed with a sharp knife right into my heart.

I love you, but I hate you too. I am never going to fall in love with anyone anymore. I am never going to trust a person so whole-heartedly anymore. I don't want to see you ever again.

At night, school after party

'Jungkook, go out with me. You're cute. ' The hottest and most popular girl in the school, Hyuna ( please pretend that she is 1997 too) asked me out.

I don't like her at all. I mean she IS hot, but I don't like her a single bit. 

She is wildly popular among boys, and I get why.  With her smokey mascara eyes, dashing long eyelashes, sharp red lips, and merely a bralette hanging on top of her gigantic s and a short mini bodycon skirt nearly showing her well-toned, round buttocks , she is able to make teenage boys with raging hormones fall in love with her, well, excluding me.

But I need to revert my attention from everything away, and she is a good choice. I need to get out from the pit.

'Sure. By the way, you're hot.' I smirked.

'Ah didn't expect this. Thought you were innocent, well I like this side of Jungkook too. Do you want to go to somewhere more private? Like my home? ' Hyuna playfully breathed into his ears, and made her way to his pants...

Seoul  2017 , Summer

From that night onwards, Jungkook has started officially dating Hyuna and have regular 'private' meetings with Hyuna, but Jungkook has still never liked her a single bit. His mind inadvertently shifts to Anita even when he is having 'private' meetings with Hyuna, Anita is just everywhere.

Jungkook did not get out from the pit, instead he has fallen deeper and deeper inside, as the days he hasn't seen Anita increase.

The overwhelming feelings of depression gradually start to consume Jungkook, insomnia occupies him every single night, and he finds himself cutting himself everyday.

During one night, when he is sitting outside of the convenience shop near his home going to consume the last can of beer he just bought, a short, round man with round glassees asked him, 'Do you want to be a movie star?'

Jungkook thought he was joking, and being tipsy, says 'Yes, and the biggest star in Korea. So she can see me on TV everyday.'