Part 1 -Chapter 2

Our sweet little secrets

2017 Seoul National High School 

Classroom 3C

'Jungkook! Your wife is looking for you!' Min Yoongi yells.

 

Jungkook's P.O.V

My wife. Anita has been nicknamed my wife since we were at middle school, since we have always been inseparable since then, and you know.. middle school is the stage where people start talking about romance. This was also the stage where I have realised my feelings for Anita was more than a best friend.

That day in Year 8, we had to go to our neighbour hyung Lee Min Ho's wedding with his long-time girlfriend Bae Suzy, and this was the day since my feelings for Anita blossomed.

Anita has always been too 'un-girlish' for me to consider her as a girl, but that day, Auntie Lee put her in a baby pink summer floral dress and sprayed some sweet, fruity perfume on her. Her normal messy ponytail is also put in braids with pink ribbons. And bang, from that moment when I saw her, my heart has only been racing for her.

I don't think she knows my feelings, as I always try to hide it off with me giving her a 'bro' treatment and always teasing her about everything.

The reason why I do this is because I am sure that she doesn't like me, I mean, how would a girl that likes you always hit you and call you pretty girl?

I grab my lunchbox from his bag and run out of his classroom to see Anita leaning against the wall, smiling at me.

Anita laughs, pokes me and says ' Why are you always running? You look so dumb when you do that!'

Because... I can't wait to see you even though I see you all the time.

We walk to our usual spot, the rooftop, and get our bento out.

Anita is less loud than normal. Normally, she would have been teasing me about everything and steal food from my bento, even from the food that I have had a bite of.

'Hey Anita, are you okay?' I said, feeling a bit concerned.

'Ah yes... Jungkook, do you know Kim Taehyung?' Anita looks down to her bento, and says softly.

'Umm... yes..? He is in my class' My heart sank, as Kim Tae Hyung is known as the prince of our school. He is tall, handsome, smart, sporty, and also, filthy rich from his businessman father. Does Anita like him?

'What do you think of him?' Anita sighs.

'Well.. I just know that he gets really good grades and studies all the time.' I said. That's not even true- Kim Taehyung does not only rank first, but he is also the captain of football, and popular in the school for his charisma, which causes him to be elected as the school president.

'He confessed to me. He said he read my short story published in the student council magazine and fell in love with my beautiful writing.' Anita smiles.

Anita SMILED. She smiled for Kim Taehyung. She LIKES him... she likes him...

'Go date him then if you like him! I'm so happy for you! You guys would look so cute together. And hey, I need to go I just realised I need to meet Mr Oh for the Maths test that I failed last week' I faked a smile, and walked briskly away from the rooftop, I need to cry.