Red Vampires

Those Amethyst Eyes [Former Title: United Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX

Red Vampires

 

 

   After that very day in Seoul High, Soojin never felt any better at all.

   Not a single problem has interfered with her life except for what happened between her and Woohyun. They're still fighting.

   Half a month has later passed by and they are still fighting. They weren't getting along at all.

   But on the bright side, she's gotten closer to her new friends and she started getting accustomed to the somewhat new culture she’s been experiencing for the past few weeks.

   She also became popular not only because she’s Woohyun’s little sister but also because of her promising singing skills. Her looks were also one thing that stands out. Her adorable yet calm angelic look had just made quite a number of boys turn their heads to which Woohyun didn’t like at all but of course Soojin didn’t know about it.

   She was really getting closer and closer to Taemin and Sulli enough to say that she can already call them her best friends; however, the day came when it was time for the school’s class exchange program of the year.

    It’s an annual event that is held on the 5th month of the school year where five students are chosen from every class to move to another class and it all happens vice versa. They stay there for the rest of the school year.

 

SOOJIN

 

   We were seating quietly inside our classroom, reading a story Ms. Choi assigned us to read as she goes to the principal's office. We were all about done when she entered the room so that she could give out her announcement.

   "Okay, class. Please lend me your ears for a moment", she said.

   We immediately turned to her to listen carefully.

   "Today is the day that we are having the class exchange event ".

   "What?!"  a lot of my classmates let out a they heard the news; however, I did not know what is it that Ms. Choi mentioned so I could only gaped at the people around me as they react rather negatively to the announcement.

   I turned to look at Taemin who rather seemed to have taken the information in quite well, “What’s a class exchange event?”

   “You don’t know?” Taemin asked dumbfounded as if I was already supposed to know but I guess he saw that I was really clueless to what it is so he cleared his throat. “Oh, you were serious?”

   “Shouldn’t I be if I really don’t know?” I sarcastically replied.

   “Oh.  Duh”, he lightly hit his head. “Sorry”. It made me let out a chuckle at how embarrassed he looked.

   “So what is it?” I asked again.

   “It’s something that happens every year in this school”, he finally explained. “Basically, 5 of us from this classroom will move to another section and vice versa too so if a part of this class leaves, there will be another 5 who will arrive and they will be in this class till the end of the school year”.

   “So technically, I might lose you as my seatmates?” I asked and the nod of his head confirmed it. “Oh”, I mumbled with a frown before turning back to look at Mrs. Choi who is currently trying to calm the class down.

   "What happens, happens. Sorry, guys. I really didn't want to lose some of you too. Don't worry. It's not like you'll never see each other again", she told us.

  "But, Ms. Choi..." some of us whined.

   "I’m really sorry, children. You can see each other during your recess though".

   We all sighed in disappointment.

   "Sorry, guys. I hope you understand".

   "Yes, Ms. Choi", we muttered to her.

   She gave us a sad smiled and thanked us before pulling out a piece of paper from her pockets.

   "Okay, each class will have at least five students transferred. Here are our students. Zelo, Changjo, Chaejin, Taemin and Sulli", she enumerated.

   My head shot up as I heard the names of my seatmates. Damn. Did I just jinx it?

   "Sorry, Soojin", I heard Sulli apologize and I could only give her a small smile.

   "It's okay".

   No, it’s not okay! I can’t believe I am losing both of my seatmates! Of course, I feel down.

   "Don’t feel down. We're still going to see each other", Taemin told me.

   "Sorry. I'm just going to miss you as my seatmates", huffed.

   They awed and gave me a hug before finally packing up their stuff.

   "Alright. The following students called, please go to your assigned class that is written in this piece of paper", she ordered and she gave each of them a piece of paper. In a few seconds, they were gone.

   Then a few minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

   "Oh, that must be our exchange students", Ms. Choi let out as stood up to open the door.

   "Welcome, to class 3-A", she greeted before turning to us. "Guys, they're our exchange students".

   Silently, I watched the five students enter the classroom and the first person who entered was Lee Sungjong, one of my brother’s friends. It seems though as if he felt that I was staring at him that he turned around, his eyes immediately scanning the room till he saw me.

   I flinched when his eyes met mine and I felt shivers down my spine when he flashed me his usual bright smile. I know that he’s a good guy but I just can’t help but to feel afraid whenever vampires other than my mom and brother are present.

   But then, the second person entered and I have forgotten about Sungjong the moment I saw her wave excitedly at me. It was Krystal and I’m very glad that she’s there.

   Followed after her were the other three students whom I didn’t know that much about but I do recognize them as some of the boys from the lunch hall. BTS, is it?

   I started to observe them one by one, reading their name tags on the process.

   The first one was Park Jimin who stands the shortest among the three. He has black hair with a fringe that stops just right above his eyes. His eyes are lined with black eyeliner, making them look sharper and scarier which made me feel like he is someone who I’m not supposed to mess with. Well, I wasn’t planning to anyways.

   Meanwhile, the second boy standing in the middle of the three is Jeon Jungkook. Everything about him screamed perfection and I would actually like to get to know him better. His adorable eyes and dark red hair as well as the aura he is giving off. He’s just so cute that it made me smile in awe.

   I turned to look at the last one who goes by the name of Kim Seokjin and the moment I got a good look at him, I felt a rather cold aura coming off of him. Among the three of them, he was the one who looked the less sociable and it was all because of the cold blank expression on his face. 

   Before I could even think of more things that I could describe him with, his eyes suddenly met mine and I felt my breath hitch.

   Why is he looking at me like that? His eyes were staring into my very soul.

   Look away you, idiot! I was urging myself to do so in my head but there was something about him that made it hard for me to look away no matter how awkward it was.

   Fortunately, I got lucky when Ms. Choi suddenly spoke and it was enough for us to break our eye contact with each other as he turned his head to look at her.

   “Everyone, these are Lee Sungjong, Krystal Jung, Park Jimin, Jeon Jungkook, and Kim Seokjin”, she said, introducing the five of them. 

   "Welcome to Class 3-A". My classmates greeted them but I wasn’t able to do the same as I spaced out in a bit.

   "Okay. Krystal, take the seat beside Ricky. Jungkook and Jimin, you two take the empty seats beside Sungmin”.

   "Where?" Jungkook asked.

   "Over there, the two seats behind Ms. Soojin”, Ms. Choi said while she points at the seat right behind me. “Lastly, Seokjin and Sungjong, both of you take the seats beside Soojin".

   "Eh?" I let out. Both because Seokjin is my new seatmate and that Krystal won’t be it.

   They all turned to me.

   "Is there something wrong, Soojin?" Ms. Choi asked.

   "Ms. Choi, Krystal be my seatmate?" I asked.

   She gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry, but I can't do that. On the bright side, you just met new people".

    I sighed before settling down once again as I gave her a small smile. “Oh okay”.

    And so class went on.

   Half of the subject, I couldn't concentrate at all. I was in an awkward situation wherein my two new seatmates are really different from my Taemin and Sulli so didn’t know what to do. Especially Seokjin’s aura, it made me feel insecure because of the awkward exchange we had earlier.

   I sneaked a glance at him to see what he is doing. There he was just listening to Ms. Choi’s lecture but one thing she did notice about the guy was that there wasn’t a single spark of interest in his eyes.

   "Excuse me", Sungjong suddenly called, snapping me out of my thoughts about the other guy beside me.

   "Yes?"

   "Are you okay?" he asked me.

   "Uhmm”. I tried to come up with a reply. “Ehehehe. This is awkward" was all I could tell him.

   "Because I'm, a vampire just like your oppa?" he breathed out.

   Well, not really but partially, it’s a yes so I nodded in honesty.

   He let out a small chuckle.

   "Don't worry. I'm not going to eat you or something. I'm a Blue Vampire. I don't drink human's blood".

   "But you still have the capability to do so", I said which made him pout. "What?"

   "Why won't you believe me?"

   "Because you're a vampire", I frankly answered and that was when I saw only hurt in his eyes.

   "I wish I was never a vampire", he said as he lowers his head and I froze. Oh God, did I just hurt his feelings?

   I felt guilty the moment I saw the dazed frown on his face. What could it be that he is thinking of?

   Come on, Soojin. Think. Try to cheer him up.

   "Don't worry. I think you're one cute vampire. I just don't trust you much yet". That was what I said and what the heck?! Did I actually say that?

   Luckily, the atmosphere didn’t turn our any more awkward than it is at the moment as his head shot up with a grateful smile on his face. “Really?” he asked.

   I nodded. “It’ll take time but I’ll get to it”.

   “Thanks, Soojin”.

   “No problem”.

   Then he started to chuckle that I gaped at him in surprised.

   What's with the aegyo? Is he really an innocent vampire? B-but he caught a tiger? Now I'm confused.

   "Soojin and Sungjong, please concentrate on your lessons", Ms. Choi suddenly spoke up which diverted our attention away from our conversation.

   "Sorry, Ms. Choi", we both apologized.

   "It's alright. At least, I know you guys are getting along well", she chuckled before resuming with the lesson.

   One down and one to go. I just have to get along with Seojin to get rid of my anxiety though it doesn't seem to be easy at all.

   The rest of class went well for me. Even though Seokjin and I hadn't talked yet but I guess I don’t care as much as before since Sungjong and I are already on a friendly stage.

   "Alright, class. That's it for today. You may now change into your P.E uniforms" Ms. Choi said. “Enjoy your P. E class” Then, she was out of the classroom.

   That was when the class started to get rowdy once again as it was filled with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter