First Day [Part 1]

Those Amethyst Eyes [Former Title: United Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR

First Day Part 1

 

WOOHYUN

 

   Slept at 5 and woke up at 6. For humans, it's too short but we Blue Vampires are okay with it. We sleep at least 1-2 hours a day since we hunt for our prey from midnight and so on. 

   We still do act like humans in some ways. We go to school, snooze in class, get sick or injure ourselves.

   The only things that are different between us are that we recover fast, we have our own powers, and that we have animal blood as daily intake. Yeah, we eat normal dishes but sometimes we prefer blood over it. We just couldn't stay away from blood for so long.

   Although that's the case, we can't have the animals extinct, right? Without them, there isn't blood. Without blood, we die. That's why we still need to control ourselves over blood.

   School day again and I don't know what to do. Should I be happy or should I be angry? Even though my cute little sister had just arrived from America, she decided to go to school as soon as possible.

   Yup! She's going to school right now. She's too scared to stay alone at home. She seems more alert than the first time I saw her. It was actually weird but I guess I should ask her later.

   I'm also planning on apologizing to her today. I don't want to stay mad at her forever so I just have to get it done.

   I got out of my room already in my school uniform and went downstairs to find Soojin eating her breakfast.

   "Oh--Woohyun! Come sit. Breakfast's ready", Mom called.

   I went over to the couch to place my backpack beside her rucksack backpack. I proceeded to the table and stopped to look at her ready to let out my apologies.

   She noticed me looking at her and lifted her head up so I could see her. Before I could even let out my apologies, she rolled her eyes at me and returns her attention to her breakfast resulting me to which made me scoff in disbelief.

   "Oh, so that's how you'll react when you see me, huh?!"

   She looked at me and flashed me a teasing smile. "If you want, I could do it for you all day long".

   "You--eh---ARGH! Whatever!" I yelled and sat by the counter to eat the left over Bulgogi from yesterday.

   "Uhmm. Is everything okay between the two of you?" Mom asked as she took glances from me to Soojin.

   "Yeah, everything's FINE", Soojin muttered which made mom tilt her head in worry.

   "Are you okay, dear? You seem so...irritated".

   "I'm fine, mom", she answered as she shoved a spoon of Bulgogi into .

   "Maybe you should just stay at home for today".

   "I don't want to", Soojin sighed.

   "Why?" she asked her.

   I suddenly felt a familiar force from behind me which made me flinch as I snapped my head towards Mom to see what was going on. Oh... She's reading Soojin's mind.

   "I just don't want to stay at home doing nothing. It's boring" I heard Soojin answer in the background.

   Then, the force was gone. "Okay, what happened", Mom asked her with a serious look.

   What was it in Soojin's mind?

   "N-Nothing happened", she stuttered.

   “You’re stuttering”, Mom pointed out and did nothing else but stare directly at her into her eyes even though she wasn’t looking.

   There was a deep silence in the room and I looked back and forth between them. It wasn’t long till Soojin finally gave in.

   "Alright!", she let out in defeat, "I saw a red vampire yesterday. They were watching me from a dark alley. I was afraid that it might attack me so I ran".

   Me and mom turned silent and I felt my heard cringe at the memory of her being in the arms of a dangerous creature once again.

   If it would've been nighttime she would've been dead for sure. Red vampires are known for their strong sense of smell and for their speed.  A lot of them are known to be faster than us Blue Vampires which .

   At least we're the good side and what we love the most is that most of us can fly so high in the sky. We also have what the Red Vampires miss the most and that is being under the sun. Hah! Beat that red vampires—… Ehem. Sorry. I went off track with my ‘story telling’. My apologies.

   Okay. The atmosphere's been quiet in a while now and we both just watched Soojin eat her breakfast without a sound.

   Mom looked at me in worry. "What if she gets attacked?" That was what her look was saying.

    "Don't worry. I'll see to it that she is safe", I mouthed out to her with a reassuring look that I'd keep my word.

    I looked at my watch and slid my plate forward before. “Time to go. Get your bag", I told Soojin.

   She looked at me in disbelief. "But I'm not done yet", she let out.

   "Finished or not finished, let's go".

   "I'm not done yet!" she whined.

   I rolled my eyes and grabbed her arm to pull her off  her seat.

   "Yah, Nam Woohyun!" she yelled.

   "We're going to be late. Now, come if you don't want to get punished for your tardiness", I told her while grabbing my bag off the couch.

   "Alright, alright!" she growled as she yanked her arm away from my grasp.

   She went to grab her bag and stepped out of the house before I could even place my foot off the door. I ran after her and walked by her side.

   "I hate you", she said with gritted teeth.

   I ignored her and looked away making her scoff at my actions.

   "If you hate me that much, why are you walking right beside me? Stay away, wiil you?", she hissed.

   Wah~ She’s starting to get on my nerves. "I'm doing this for mom because she is worried about you", I fired back at her.

   Hearing these words, she starts muttering something out in English.

   "What did you say?" I asked her.

   "You're such a jerk!" she said in English once more.

   "What?" Of course I didn’t unders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter