Her Past

Those Amethyst Eyes [Former Title: United Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

Her Past

 

1990

Her Parent’s History

 

   It was a wonderful night. Not too hot, not too cold. Everything was just right. It was simply the perfect evening for a wedding proposal.

   A 26 year old man, named Hyunjung let out a deep breath, stepping out of his apartment with a small navy blue box and a bouquet of blue roses in his hands. Blue, her favorite color.

   He had left his house to meet with Soyeon, the love of his life. She is really beautiful. She looks so flawless. Even her personality screamed beautiful that he fell in love with her the first time he met her.

   Today’s the day that he will propose to her. Although he was a little late, he still came out for she may be waiting.

   He later arrived near the Han River to find her waiting for him patiently as ever at the exact spot he told her to go to. He slowly approached her and she stood by the time she spotted him with the usual angelic smile she has.

   By the time he reached her, she apologized for being so late, explaining everything on the way.

   “It’s okay, Hyunjung.” She assured him with a bright smile. “So, what did you want to tell me?”

   “I ughh…” he mumbled scratching his head; a sudden nervous feeling taking over his body.

   “What?” Soyeon chuckled.

   “S-Soyeon, uhmm”, he stuttered, fumbling with the precious box in his pocket. “I know, we’ve been together for only a year and a half but even though it’s short, you’ve never failed to make the best of the happiest memories of my life so I think that it’s already the right time to do this”.

   He pulled out the box from his pocket before finally kneeling in front of her, opening the box to show her the beautiful diamond ring inside. “Soyeon, will you marry me?” he finally asked but he was greeted by a face that seem to not know how to reply to the situation.

   “What?” Soyeon let out. She heard it well but she she just couldn’t believe it.

   “Soyeon, will you marry me?” he kindly repeated with a chuckle that never failed to make her heart flutter. However, it failed today. In place of the usual butterflies was the feeling of guilt, turning her smile upside down.

   “Hyungjung, I….”

   “Soyeon, I know this is sudden but I love you and I want you to be the mother of my future children.”

   “I know, Hyunjung. I love you too but”, she blinked away the tears in her eyes. “I can’t marry you”.

   Upon her reply, he felt a small crack in his heart.

   “Maybe I just proposed so soon”, he thought as he stood up but he had to know from her the reason for her answer. “Why?”

   He was looking at her in the eye. Slowly, she looked away and towards the beautiful river flowing right in front of them. “There’s this secret”, she said, “that I’ve been hiding from you all this time.”

   “What is it?”

   “I’m”, she started, only to be held back with reluctance. She clenched her fist tightly trying to keep herself together. “I’m a vampire”. And finally, she let her tears flow through her eyes.

   Hyun Jung shook his head and looked at her again.“No way. You’re kidding, right?” he laughed out but anyone could tell that it was fake.

   “It’s true”, she sniffed keeping her head down.

   That was when Hyunjung felt the weight over his heart. He knew it was risky. Normally, a person would just run away at the sight of a vampire.

   But he wasn’t just any guy. He loves her and that love was able to push through that fear that he would have normally felt.

   Oh, Soyeon…

   He stepped closer to Sooyeon and reached out to her pulling her into a gentle hug.

   “It’s okay. It’s okay. Don’t worry about it…” he whispered to her ear.

   “No, it’s not”. She buried her head to his chest. ” What’s not there to worry about? I’m a vampire. You’re human”.

   “Don’t worry about it. We’ll work things out”, he assured her. He gently her hair.

   “But how?”

   Hyunjung broke the hug and cupped her cheeks before putting up a reassuring smile.

   “We’ll go through this together.”

   And they did.

   Soyeon accepted the proposal and together they went to the realm to spread the news, working hard for the acceptance of the realm.

   In the end, they finally had their success and had changed a law within the realm.

   Vampires are now allowed to get married to humans by their own decision.

   After a few months, they finally got married and two years in time, Soyeon bore a vampire child whom they call Nam  Woohyun.

 

 

1994

Soojin's Birth

 

   Two years have passed and Woohyun’s been doing well in the family. He became the best among vampires his age as he unleashed his skills in such a young age. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter