Part 2: Breakup

History
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 2

 

21th January 2002 S-WINGS BREAKUP – CITE CREATIVE DIFFERENCES

 

The cracks had been appearing gradually.

Sometimes it was, “We do fifteen schedules a day without rest, I can’t handle this anymore.”

Sometimes it was small squabbles about what they were doing next in their career. Hip-hop? More dance? A ballad?

Sometimes it was the media attention, watchful eyes ready to judge the smallest mistake. Other times it was not being able to show affection in public. A cranky manager would swear at them or their label CEO would lecture them for hours. Secret dates in their apartment or car could only take them so far, but each other’s company used to be enough.

Before they had always banded together, them against the world. The good times outweighed the bad times. Jiwon conquered the music world with the most important person in his life by his side, supporting each other through thick and thin.

They managed, until they didn’t.

 

21th January 2002 CRYING FANS PROTEST AGAINST S-WINGS’ BREAKUP FOR 16 HOURS – 23 INJURED

 

Sunghoon was crying. “I don’t know what your problem is but I can look after myself.”

The words were out of Jiwon’s mouth before he could stop them. “So why don’t we go our separate ways if you want it so badly?”

He’d said hurtful things before, but they had always made up. But this time, Sunghoon agreed.

 

22th January 2002 EUN JIWON AND KANG SUNGHOON GO THEIR SEPARATE WAYS TO PURSUE SOLO CAREERS

 

2002-01-22

19940715:

I read what a fan that followed them after performances wrote and she said they didnt speak after performing lately and had their own dressing rooms… it wasnt like that before :(

SWings012:     

We have been complaining for a long time that their company has been treating them badly. Performing while sick, very busy schedules and all those nasty rumors… We’ve been begging them to change company for a long time, but I think they had enough. What is this bullsh*t about musical differences? They’ve had great creative freedom and have done a lot of different types of music. They always had a good relationship to each other and I don’t think that would change! T___T If it has, blame their damn company.

woonie87:

YOU DAESUNGGG!!!111!

Eunji1997:

I heard that they’re not living together anymore, Hoony’s been living with his manager for the past week…

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter