Chapter 4

Angel's Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get out of the way!” Sooyoung shouted as she ran through the crowd carrying a girl. The girl in her arms was covered in blood and she collapsed in unconsciousness.

 

“Doctor! I have a patient!” she rushed to a bed and laid the girl down, her shirt and hands was covered by blood, all came from Seungwan. The doctor ripped Seungwan’s shirt apart and started doing CPR .

 

“Save her, please.” Sooyoung pleaded.

 

“Nurse bring her out.” the doctor said as Sooyoung tried to struggle herself free from the nurse’s grip, she wants to stay with Seungwan. But in the messy condition she was, the nurse was able to push her out.The doctor started putting wires on Seungwan, and that was the last thing Sooyoung saw before the door are fully closed

 

Sooyoung leaned on the wall and sat on the floor. She looked at her hands that was full of Seungwan’s blood. Joohyun was doing her rounds when she saw a familiar face sitting on the ground all curled up into a ball. “Sooyoung ah?” She called tentatively making the girl look at her. She noticed the blood on the girl’s hand and shirt but she has no wound on her. “What happened? Who’s blood is that?” she look at the younger one in worry then. Sooyoung started crying again upon Joohyun’s question. Joohyun didn’t know what happened so she pulled Sooyoung in a tight hug, patting her head and drawing circles on Sooyoung’s back. “Breathe, Sooyoung, breathe.”

 

“S-Seungwan-” Joohyun’s self composure was agitated upon hearing the devil’s name. “What happened to Seungwan?!” she held the girl’s shoulders, slightly shaking them. “Sh-she was involved in a gang fight, we both know that she love to create mess.” Sooyoung stated. “I-I tried to stop her, she was having a headache before the fight started but she was too stubborn to listen.” She sobbed and continued. “I should be more persistent in making her stay, i-if anything will happen to Seungwan, I-I..”

 

Joohyun looked at the stammering younger girl and sighed. She hugged her tighter, patting her back. “Hushh. Everything will be alright, I’ll go check on her now.” Joohyun stood up and went inside the ER.

 

Joohyun saw the doctor trying his best in saving Seungwan. She covered with her hands and tried her best to not let her tears fall. “Changmin appa please help your daughter.” Joohyun silently prayed.

 

-[-]-

 

“Nurse Bae, please bring her to her ward.” the doctor said as he wipes his sweat. Joohyun nodded, hesitantly, she proceed to him.

 

“Doctor, can I be her nurse?” Joohyun requested. The doctor looked at her determined eyes. He was about to agree but he remembered something. “But nurse Bae your schedule was fully booked.”

 

“This person is very important to me doctor, please, I’ll work overtime.” Joohyun begged.

The doctor sighed and agreed. “Okay, however I hope you don't neglect your other patients at the same time.”

“Thank you so much doctor.” Joohyun bowed and the doctor left.

 

Slowly, she went near her devil and caressed her face. Seungwan has such a serene face when she is sleeping like this and not running around creating chaos with her signature smirk. Although she was alluring that way too. “You don’t know how worried I am Seungwan ah, please take care of yourself more you pabo.” Joohyun gave the girl a kiss on the forehead.

 

Once Seungwan was already in her ward, Joohyun went out to find Sooyoung which resulted watching the ex-girlfriend, Seulgi, sitting on the bench cradling the girl.

 

“How’s Seungwan?” Seulgi mouthed as she caress the sleeping girl’s head.

 

“She is stable now.” Joohyun gave and ok sign and smiled. “She was so worried, we both know how important Seungwan is to her. And I’m kinda jealous here.” Seulgi stated.

 

Seulgi furrowed her brow, seems like she was thinking something important. She then looked up and pointed her finger at Joohyun. “ You! You dumb dumb, hurry up and get your girl, cause I might lose mine.” The teddy bear pouted. Joohyun laughed at the bear’s antic making the sleeping girl wake up from her slumber.

 

“Unnie! Is Seungwan ok?” Sooyoung asked the nurse as soon as she laid her eyes on her. “She’s stable now Sooyoung ahh, don’t worry.” Joohyun smiled at the younger girl. She then turned to Seulgi to ask her to bring Sooyoung back home so she could rest. The tall girl was reluctant at first but Joohyun managed to talked her to by requesting her to stay for the time she had to check out on other patients.

 

Just like that Joohyun started to take care of the devil. When she finished her shift she will always be at Seungwan's room, holding her hands, telling their past stories like Seungwan was actually listening. She sang those songs Seungwan loved so much when she was Wendi, and slowly she passed out on the seat, sleeping beside the devil. The next day she would take a shower at hospital and continue her work. And it goes repeat, for the few days coming till the point Sunny almost thought that she lived in hospital. 

 

"Joohyun ah, you should not tire yourself out for a patient." 

Joohyun just smiled and continued with her work.

 

-[-]-

 

After a few days Seungwan woke up. She felt thirsty but since there was no one else inside the room, she gonna get herself some. She stood up and tried to remove the wires that were connected to her body when suddenly someone came in.

 

“What in earth are you doing?!” Joohyun rushed over to the girl, pressing on her shoulder to lay her back down on her bed. “Get your hands off me woman! I don’t even know you!” Seungwan slap Joohyun’s han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter