chapter 1

Angel's Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Long ago in the royal kingdom of angels, two brothers fell in love with an angel named Seohyun, they both gave their best in order to get the girl. The way both of the brothers expressed their love was different. Changmin the eldest is gentle and kind. He gave the Seohyun all the love she needs while Yunho his younger brother, demanding and arrogant, bothering the girl for attention without concerning the comfortableness of the girl.

 

Seohyun ended up choosing Changmin as her husband. They gave born to a child and named her Wendi. Changmin and Seohyun was delighted to see their daughter opens her eyes and gives them a smile.

 

“She’s a charmer, like her father.” Seohyun whispers to Changmin, not wanting to interfere with the peace Wendi is holding. Changmin nods with a very wide grin, word can’t express how happy he is to have Wendi.

 

“Hey my little Wendi.” Changmin looked at Wendi as his daughter little hand fumbling with his finger.

 

“She’s beautiful just like you my Queen.” the king said as he gave Seohyun a kiss on the forehead.

 

“She has your eyes my king, and she will grow up strong just like you.” Seohyun wiped the tears flowing down her cheek.

 

The King and Queen were having their moment until Seohyun felt a light tug on her hand.

 

She looked down and saw a little angel craning her neck, trying to have a look of little Wendi.

 

“What is it Irene?” Seohyun asked the little angel.

 

The angel is still having a hard time to fly due to her small undeveloped wings.

 

“I want to look at her” Irene said as she try to fly once again but ended up falling on her .

 

The little angel crossed her arms and pouted.

 

“Hahaha aigoo, come here my little angel.” Changmin said as he passed Wendi to Seohyun.

 

The little angel quickly walked towards the king and raised her arms asking to be carried.

 

The king kneeled down and carefully cradling the 3 years old angel.

 

“She looks like a hamster.” Irene peeked through the cloth wrapped on Wendi.

 

“Haha and you my little angel looks like a bunny.” Changmin laughed, tapping on Irene’s nose playfully.

 

“Oh my gosh! I am so sorry my king!” Tiffany rushes in, she takes Irene from the king’s arms, holding the little angel.

 

“I’ve asked Taeyeon to look after her but she ended up losing Irene in the crowd.”

 

Irene pouts when she loss the sight of the baby, whining, “Umma I want to look at Wendi more, aren't I her guardian angel.” Irene stomped her foot as she crossed her arms.

 

Amused upon the cute sight, Changmin laughed. “It’s ok Tiffany, she is just excited to see our little princess.” The king looked at the sulking angel. He kneeled down to reach the girl, patting her head.

 

“Oh my little angel, don’t be sad. I promise that you’ll be her guardian angel. Now come, we need to prepare for her first birthday celebration later this evening.”

 

(n/a: let skip the party)

 

-[--]-

 

18 years later

 

“Yah Wendi! Stop causing too much trouble!” Irene yelled as she tries her best to fly away from a group of enraged men.

 

“I am not causing any trouble unnie, it is not my fault. I don’t like the way they were looking at you. They were trying to touch you! And who told you to wear y outfit!” Wendi said as she wrapped her hands tighter around the angel’s waist.

 

Wendi have a reason why she punched those morons. The guardian angel is her best friend, she hopes they can be more but...

 

Irene stopped at Wendi’s mansion. Unwillingly, Wendi unwraps her arms around the older girl’s waist as slow as she can.

 

“I told you to not start any fight! What am I supposed to tell your father if he finds out about this?” Irene slaps Wendi’s arm, an apparent frown along with a pouting lips shows that her little angel is not pleased.

 

“And I told you not to wear exposing clothes when you come to pick me up from school.” Wendi said in a very annoyed tone.“You know that I like you and I easily get jealous.” Irene opened , she was about say something but Wendi cut her before she can speak. “ I know what you’re about to say. I know it’s wrong to like you, I got that already, okay?” Wendi said as she turns around and walks towards the door leaving the angel behind.

 

“What am I going to do with you Wendi ah, I like you too, but we can’t.” Irene said softly looking at the girl who is getting further and further, she sighed then spread her wings and fly away.

 

“I wish that I am an ordinary angel.” Wendi sits on the staircase, mumbling.

 

“Your majesty, we have to get ready for your 18th birthday.” Tiffany comes out, softly yanking Wendy up.

 

Wendi glances at Tiffany. “ Unnie what is it like to be an ordinary angel like you and Irene unnie?” she asked as they were walking through the hall.

 

“Why are you asking about that Wendi?” Tiffany gave a confused smile. “Nothing.” Wendi shakes her head, avoiding the questioning gaze from Tiffany.

 

Wendi tries to muffle her sob but the tears came out eventually. She leans her back on the door, eyes closing. So much what if going on her mind but she knows, all of those are not going to happen. Sliding along the door, she sat down and hugs her knees. Total silence, that’s the only way to get her to sleep whenever she is sad. Sleep is good, sleep helps her to forget everything. Sleep….

 

Tiffany just looked at the closed door and sighed. Of course she knows what is happening between the two. She heard about the prophecy, prophecies are inevitable, she just hope the little girl inside the room will be strong enough to endure all the hardship ahead.

 

Flashback:

“Mommy!” 5 years old Irene holding a big book of her size, running towards Tiffany while the latter was preparing food. “Look what I’ve found!” Excited Irene points towards a picture, a devil for exact.

 

“It’s wendi!” Irene exclaims.

 

Tiffany was terrified. “Sweetie, where do you found this book? How are you sure it’s Wendy? She is a princess angel, not a devil.”

 

“She is Wendi!” Irene pouts.

 

“Angel or devil, I will always be her guardian angel!” Irene’s eyes shone with determination, Ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter