CHAPTER 2

Angel's Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wendi...”  Is delusion one of the side effect she will get after death? There is another voice, apart from the one that keeps on suggesting her to kill herself for Irene.

 

“Wendi...” It is that voice again, soft and gentle, but Wendi can heard some hint of desperation in it. She somehow felt familiar with that voice. It seems to come from far away but strangely she felt that the owner is just beside her.

 

“Please...” Wendi ignores the male’s voice and starts to wander around, trying to search for the source of the soft female voice.

 

“Don’t leave me...” Wendi perked up her ears and tried to identify the voice every time but she seems to just running in circles, she thinks she has gone back where she was before.

 

“Please!” Wendi shouted. “Who are you! Where the you are!”

 

“Tell me...” Wendi broken down, tears flows like stream because she is so frustrated, she need to reach her but she can’t even see the way. “I need you..”

 

“Wendi.” The angelic voice came again, Wendi jolts up, hoping the voice could guide her this time. “If you can hear me, search for the light. Run and don’t look back.”

 

Wendi looks around but everything was in blur, there is no light, how the hell…. Wait the images!

 

Wendi ran towards the direction of the images, not caring if it is the right one. She have to go out, she need to, for that voice.

 

-
 

The light is too bright when she opened her eyes.

 

“Oh my god Wendi you are finally awake!” She can hear the whirlwind that comes towards her. “Wen-dy?”

 

“Yes, Wendi, are you okay? How are you feeling right now?”


Is her name Wendy? Who is this person beside her?

 

“Erm, I am fine, I guess? Is my name Wendy?”

 

The angel’s eyes widen upon the question and Wendy felt like she might have spoil the mood.

 

“You, don’t remember anything?” the angel stutters, her eyes red and tears coming down, she tries to wipe it off but the tears going stronger every wipe.

 

Oh gosh the first thing she woke up from her dead she made an angel cries.

 

“Please don’t cry.” She took the angels cheek in her hands, and tries to wipe the tears for the angel. “If you cry I felt sad too.”

 

The angel’s tears gradually runs out but she is still sobbing, Wendy looks into her eyes, the beautiful eyes now dimmed with sadness, with a hint of regret and relieve.

 

Joy pulled Irene around the corner “Unnie I know it’s too much to ask you this but it’s the only way I can think off right now” Joy looked at the angel seriously “ Unnie I think it’s better if Wendy won’t get to know you for now, let time do it” Joy explained. The angel pursed her lips into a thin line, unsure what she should say at this moment but ended up nodding her head.

 

“I’m Joy” Joy pointed herself “that blonde girl is Krystal and that girl who looks like a teddy bear is Seulgi.” Joy introduced. Wendy waved her hand and looked at the crying girl “And she is?” Joy looked at the angel’s direction “She is Joohyun.”


 

*


 

Flashback:


 

Irene was in panic when she saw Wendi’s eyes fall into blackness after she drank the thing from the bottle. She quickly cradles Wendi in her arms before her head smashes the ground.

 

“Wendi! Wendi!” Irene keeps patting Wendi’s face, hoping the girl would gain her conscious.

 

“Please, don’t leave me.” Tears start flowing and Irene cannot imagine what will she do if Wendi is not alive anymore.

 

Holding the girl in her arms, she quickly flew and bring Wendi to her room, calling for her parents and Wendi’s in the middle of her flight.

 

--

 

Their parents rushed in when they heard Irene’s desperate call.

 

“Oh no.” Changmin palms his face with both his hand. Wendy’s wing slowly blacken as well as her blonde hair. Seohyun gasped in terror, she grabbed Changmin’s arm, not knowing what to do.

 

Tiffany closed in and checked on Wendi. “Not good. She is slowly losing her will to  survive. We are going to lose her.”

 

“NO!” Irene screams, she yanks her mom’s arms. “We need to save her! I would do anything!”

 

“There is nothing you can do.” Tiffany sighed.

 

“What about the deal with Grim Reap-” Taeyeon’s mouth was covered before she can talk more.

 

“Grim what?” Irene’s head snapped abruptly towards Taeyeon. “Please.” she begged, kneeling in front of her parents. The idea of Wendi dying makes her heart lurched in pain. Knowing she could do something about it, she is not going to give up on it.

 

Taeyeon pursed her lips and look at Tiffany. Tiffany glared at Taeyeon, she turns around and leave the room, Irene can see that her mother is holding her tears. She was worried but Wendi is more important right now, she turns to Taeyeon once again.

 

“The Grim Reaper.” Taeyeon simply said. Irene looked at her in shock “but Appa you said that the Grim Reaper is a dangerous person ever in Angel’s history”

 

“She is the only one who can help you now.”

 

“Where can I find her?” Irene took a deep breath and looked at her. If meeting the Grim reaper is the only option to bring back Wendi to life she will do it.

 

“Hell. Or human world.”

 

“What do I do?”
 

“I don’t know, none of us have seen the Grim Reaper before. But we can open a portal to bring you and Wendi to her. You need to negotiate with her to not have her taking Wendi’s soul. After that you need to connect to Wendi mind to call her soul back. You have one week before her soul vanishes completely. But..”

 

“But?”

 

“Once both of you go through the portal, Your power will be greatly weaken. You cannot come back to heaven unless you have enough power to draw a portal back.”

 

Irene knows she have to make her decision fast. There is no much time for her to waste.

 

“Irene,” Irene thought was disrupted when Taeyeon called her once again.

 

“Only angels can be accepted in heaven, and Wendi…” Taeyeon looks at the raven girl. “I’m not sure she can come back anymore.”


 

--


 

That night.

 

Irene made up her mind. No matter what, she will save Wendi. This is her only chance. Even it means to stay at human world and never come back.

 

Standing in front of the portal with Wendi in her arms, Irene turn around, taking maybe her last chance to see the view of heaven, and her parents. Tiffany was sobbing, Taeyeon hugs her wife tightly and nods at Irene. “Take care. We love you.”

 

“I love you guys too.” Irene nods and walks to the portal. She closes her eyes and once she opened her eyes she was already at someone’s bathroom.

 

What?

 

“La la la la Happiness!” Irene heard a voice behind the cover. Irene blushed, someone is taking a bath. She quickly turned around.

 

“E-Excuse me, a-are y-you the Grim Reaper?” Irene asked loudly holding at Wendi’s body tightly. The girl thought that she have heard a voice so she peeked through the shower curtain.


 

“OH MY GOD! GET AWAY ERT!” The girl took anything near her and started throwing things at Irene. Ire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter