Final

I Don't Know Well
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo just came home after Mingyu dropping him off and making sure that he locked the gate and doors. He was about to shower when Mingyu called.
“Hyung, I’m outside.” Mingyu then cut the call. Wonwoo went down to open the door.
“Mingyu, why do you come back again? Do you leave something?”
“No, I uh.”
“Oh, wait. Should I open the gate?”
“No, just, listen to me hyung.”
“It’s okay, I’ll just get the key-“
“I love you.” Wonwoo stopped. Mingyu was looking at him.
“I love you even when we’re so different. I just love you so much, Wonwoo-hyung.”
Wonwoo just looked at Mingyu, dumb-founded.
“That’s it?”
“Do you uhm, want to be my boyfriend?”
“What? I uhm.”
“It’s okay. I just want to let you know my feeling.”
“How could you?”
Mingyu smiled at him.
“I thought you feel the same. Don’t you?”
“You’re my best friend. Is this a joke? It’s a joke, right?”
“I know. I want to be-“
“Why can’t we just stay that way?”
“I want to be able to protect you. I want to show others that you’re mine.”
“Why?”
“I want to be your boyfriend.”
“So, the title? Why is it so important to label me as your boyfriend?”
“Why, hyung? Are you ashamed? You’re not ready to tell everyone? I’m fine, I’ll wait.”
“No, I’m not ready for any kind of relationship now.”
“But I love you hyung. I-“
“It’s not you, okay? I’ll just say no to everyone who asked. I’m just not ready. I’ll say no to anyone who asked anyway.”
Mingyu nodded. He looked down, trying hard not to let his tears spilled. When he looked up to smile at Wonwoo, his eyes looked red though.
“So, you don’t feel the same?” Mingyu just had to ask for the last time.
“I like you, Gyu.”
“I love you, Hyung. Like just wasn’t enough. I love being with you.”
“I do too. I like what we have now.”
“I want more than that, Hyung. I-“
“I’m so sorry.”
“It’s fine.”
“No, are you okay?”
“I’ll just get going, then. Go back inside and don’t forget to lock the door. You’re alone, right? Your parents won’t be back until next week.” Wonwoo stood there looking at Mingyu who looked so… so exhausted.
“Go in, Wonwoo-hyung.”
“Wait, things are gonna be the same, right? We’ll still hangout, right?” Mingyu looked down, couldn’t look at Wonwoo. Wonwoo thought he might cry.
“No, hyung. I’m afraid it’s not gonna be the same. And Wonwoo-hyung, no, it’s not a joke. My feeling isn’t a joke. I’ll get going first. See ya!”
Wonwoo walked back in slowly and locked the door as he saw Mingyu drove away.
“Oh my God. Oh my God. Gosh!” Wonwoo was still freaking out. He ran upstairs to get his phone and texted his best friend, Kwon Soonyoung.

To : Wonwoo’s Pabo
Still up?

It was after midnight already but Wonwoo felt like he might go crazy if he didn’t talk to anyone now. He paced back and forth in his room. Soonyoung replied quite soon.

From : Wonwoo’s Pabo
Yup. Sup?

Wonwoo then dialed his number and he picked up on the first ring.

“Oh my God! Oh my GOD! You won’t believe this, Hosh!”
“What is it? Don’t tell me, is it Mingyu?”
“Yeah! Yeah! He just went back!”
“Did he confess?”
“What?? How do you know??”
“He’s been pining on you since, like forever. I thought you two were dating already. You’re quite dense, I see. How could you not know that he likes you?”
“He said he loves me.”
“I know. So, what did you say?”
“I said we should just stay the same way we are now.”
“I see. Did he understand that? He must have been quite hurt.”
“I don’t know, I don’t understand why he is so persistent on labeling me as his boyfriend. I meant I feel just fine going out with him, just the two of us, being best friends.”
“They don’t have the same thinking, Won. They want to be secure in a relationship.”
“I don’t understand the way he thinks. He looked so hurt and his eyes were red. I think he might cry. I hurt him, Soonyoung. I hurt Mingyu. I didn’t mean to. I mean, I like him, you know. I’m just not ready to be in a relationship, especially not with Kim Mingyu, my best friend. I always see him as my best friend. I never expect him to confess. I don’t know that he sees me more than his best friend. I don’t know that he loves me like that. What do I do now? I’m losing him, right? Things are different now, right?”
“It will be different.”
“I don’t expect him to confess at all. He’s always been playing around saying he likes me. I thought he did that to entertain others. I thought it was a joke. Gosh! I can’t imagine losing, him. It’ll be hard for both of us.”
“We all see how he acts really different with you. How he volunteers to drive you around, how he does everything for you, how he cares about you a lot, how you guys hangout a lot, it’s so clear that he’s into you, you idiot.”
“But he’s my best friend. I did those things with Jun too. I was even closer with Jun and Jun never dais he loves me that way. Gosh! Kim Mingyu, I wonder if he gets home safely.”
“Do you think you made the right decision?”
“What do you mean?”
“You just rejected Kim Mingyu.”
“I didn’t. His confession might be a joke. He might be confused or something. He is my freaking best friend, Hosh! How could I go out with him?”
“Are you okay?”
“I am. I’m just so shocked, alright? I should check on him, Hosh. Bye. Thanks a lot for listening, okay? I’ll you again soon.”
“Okay. Take it slow, Won. Things might be a bit awkward at first. Just, don’t hurt yourself, alright?”


Wonwoo hang up and called Mingyu. He wasn’t sure if that was the right thing to do. Mingyu didn’t pick up even after the second ring, Wonwoo’s heart was about to burst hearing the tone.
“Please be okay, Gyu. Please.”


“Hey!” came Mingyu’s voice. He obviously sounded tired.
“Hi! Did you come home safely? Are you okay? Where are you now?”
“Yeah. I’m sitting beside my dad, watching tv?”
“Oh, good then. Mingyu-ahh, you okay?”
“Wait, let me go into my room first.” Wonwoo heard the shifting sounds. He waited anxiously.
“No, I’m not okay, hyung.” Wonwoo felt like he had just been punched in his guts. He suddenly felt like throwing up. The silence was hard for both of them. Wonwoo didn’t know what to say.
“You should be okay, Gyu. I didn’t reject you.”
“You did, hyung. You just said it in a very nice way. I appreciate that. But, I think I just need some time to think, okay? And also it’s late, you should sleep.”
“Mingyu”
“It’s okay, hyung. Uhm, bye?”
“Bye. I’ll see you at campus?”
“Yeah. When we go back at campus, I hope everything will be okay.”
“It will be okay, right? Mingyu, we’ll be okay, right?”
“Yeah? Bye, hyung.” Mingyu hang up. Wonwoo plopped down his bed face first.
“I can’t believe this. Kim Mingyu, my best friend loves me. I don’t understand.”


Wonwoo’s mind then brought him back to the times where Mingyu jokingly announced to everyone that he was into Wonwoo.
“That’s right, Jeon Wonwoo is totally my type. I’m into Wonwoo. So you peasants, back off! Wonwoo-hyung is mine!”

How he jokingly pretended to be Wonwoo’s prince.
“What do you need, hyung? Just a piggy-back is nothing for your prince. As long as I’m here, I’ll lead you anywhere. You don’t need to be afraid of getting lost, hyung. I’m your prince, you see. If you need any help, if you’re in any trouble, you know who to call.”

How he was trying to be Wonwoo’s ideal type.
“Tall? That’s me! That’s me! Next, next!”
“Gosh! You’re so desperate, Kim Mingyu! Wonwoo also likes smart boys, right?” Boo Seungkwan and Kwon Soonyoung were in their consulting session again. Their class usually had this talking session when the lecturers didn’t show up.
“I’m not really into smart guys, though. But not too dumb, just average.”
“Gosh! That’s totally me. Wonwoo-hyung, your ideal type is me, right?”
Wonwoo rolled his eyes.
“But Wonwoo-hyung likes boys with fair skin and cute face, right?” Wonwoo was laughing when Mingyu shot him a hurtful look.
“Besides being really cool, I can be cute too. But really hyung, fair skin? Okay, be right back getting my milk bath every day from now on. No worries, fair skin is on the way. What else?” Wonwoo couldn’t stop laughing.
“Oh Wonwoo told me that he was into house husband too, right, Won? Someone who will stay at home taking care of the house chores while Wonwoo did the career.” Wonwoo nodded.
“Someone who will be good with the babies? I am! I’m good with cooking too, Hyung! I can take care of you when you come back feeling tired from work, Wonwoo-hyung. I’ll take good care of you. Let’s get married!” The others exploded in laughter and missed the sincerity in Mingyu’s sincere gaze he shot towards Wonwoo who was laughing along with others.

How he asked Wonwoo out.
“I’m getting this extra money for helping my dad, hyung. And now I don’t know how to spend it. What do you think if we go out and eat?”
“lol. Now?”
“Are you free now? I’ll go get you if you are.”
“Your treat, right?”
“Of course. What do you want to eat?”
“Ahh.. I can’t reject free food.”
“I’ll be there in ten minutes. Dress nicely, hyung!”

How they hang out together, only the two of them.
“Can we just go?”
“Wait, Gyu. Soonyoung is coming-”
“I think he can go with Jihoon later. Can we just go?”

How Mingyu was so caring and soft to him.
“Are you sure you’re okay, hyung? Should I come over?”
“I’m fine. I just woke up late.”
“You lazy . I’m coming with the porridge that you like though.”

How Mingyu picked him up and sent him home.
“Go in and lock the door well. I’ll come back tomorrow to get you at 10, okay?”
“You don’t have to.”
“Nah, you’re not good with directions, remember. I’ll be your personal driver.”

How Mingyu dragged him out to exercise.
“This feels good.”
“You should exercise more, Hyung.”
“I am. Thanks to you.”
“So, tomorrow, again?”
“Cut me some slack. Not tomorrow, please.”
“Nah. You should do it regularly.”

How they talked about their deepest secrets and the pinky promises they made.
“Don’t tell anyone, okay?”
“Yeah. I promise, Hyung. Pinky promise! I also have this story. But you have to pinky promise me not to tell, alright?”
“Sure! Pinky promise!”

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter