Chapter 5

Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunhyuk let out a sigh as the practice finally stop. “That is tiring you know.” Eunhyuk says, drinking the water non-stop.  

“Wow Eunhyuk, we thought being in the military increase your stamina.” Leeteuk chuckles. “I went to the military and I must say, my stamina increase a lot.”

Eunhyuk rolls his eyes as he sit down and grab his phone. He notices a text message from Hyoyeon’s mother.

Hyukjae,

We need you. Please come as soon as possible.

Eunhyuk quickly stand up and pack his stuff, making everyone around him confuse.

“Where are you going?” Donghae asks.

“Hyoyeon needs me.” Eunhyuk said. “I’m sorry, I need to help her.” He said before running out of the practice room and rush to Incheon.

“Yah Hyukjae!” Leeteuk shouts as he watches the dancer running out of the room.

Running inside the house, he saw everyone was in the living room, including his parents.

“Hyukjae, you came.” Mrs. Lee said, looking up.

Eunhyuk nods. “What happened? Where is she?” Eunhyuk asks.

“We called in the doctor, he’s checking up on her.” Mrs. Kim said, her eyes red from crying. “She was about to kill herself.”

Eunhyuk gasps. “What happened? Why did she do that?”

Mingu sighs. “Something must have triggered her…but we don’t know what…” He says, looking up at Eunhyuk.

“Maybe ask the doctor for some tips.” Eunhyuk says. “Since she is diagnosed with anxiety disorder, we need to be cautious when she is going through the symptoms.” He explains. “I will go see the doctor now.”

Eunhyuk then head to Hyoyeon’s room and saw the doctor walking out. “How is she?”

“I gave her a sleeping pill. She needs to rest.” He says.

“Do you know what have triggered her?” Eunhyuk asks.

The doctor nods. “After that horrific event months ago, I diagnosed her with anxiety disorder.” He says. “If I remember correctly, she have told me once that she would experience dizziness and an increase in heart rate when she heard the fans screaming. If I’m correct, that is what triggered her.”

“What should we do then?” Eunhyuk asks. “I could ask her to take some medication and therapy, but she would be a bit stubborn to convince.”

“If you can, please bring her to therapy.” The doctor says. “For now, I can give her some medication to get rid of the symptoms and maybe let her go out. She used to love doing sports right? Maybe doing those again will clear her mind.”

Eunhyuk nods and look at Hyoyeon and decide to send a text to SM, asking for a meeting as soon as possible.

“Thank you.” Eunhyuk bows. The doctor smiles and left to the living room to talk with the family. Eunhyuk walks inside the room and sits on Hyoyeon’s bed.

“Hyo…don’t do that again.” He whispers, looking at her and sighs. He pulls the blanket up and brush against her face. He sighs and sits on the floor and leans against the bed before closing his eyes.

The next morning, Hyoyeon wakes up and saw Eunhyuk sleeping by her. “Hyuk…” She whispers.

“Hyo, you’re awake.” Eunhyuk says, looking at her.

“Did I wake you up?” Hyoyeon asks.

Eunhyuk shakes his head. “No, I was awake a few hours ago.” He says but then turn serious. “But you made me worried. Why did you want to kill yourself?”

Hyoyeon bits her lip and turns away. “I’m scared Hyuk,” Hyoyeon says. “He would always appear in my dreams. He want me dead…so I thought killing myself would make him happy…”

“No, honey.” Eunhyuk says, cupping her face. “If you die, who would be here for me? Taeyeon, Seohyun, the girls will miss you. Your fans will miss you.”

“What’s the point, Hyuk.” Hyoyeon said, tears forming. “No one cares about me.”

“I care about you.” Eunhyuk says, determination in his tone. “Please, don’t end your life because of him. Thousands of others are worried about you and wish you to return. Your fans want you to release more music for them.”

“I can’t Hyuk!” Hyoyeon cries. “I can’t stand their cheering anymore. It freaks me out!” Hyoyeon looks at him. “When I heard them screaming, my whole body reacts on its own. I’m scared Hyuk…if I return…more would get injured…”

Eunhyuk hugs Hyoyeon tightly, shaking his head. “Don’t be scared, Hyoyeon. I’m here with you. I will help you get through this fear.” He whispers, looking at Hyoyeon. “I know you’re afraid, but I will help you get through it. The girls still need you, your family needs you. I need you.”

Hyoyeon smiles weakly at him and nods. “Thank you Hyuk…”

Eunhyuk smiles as he wipes her tears away and kiss her lightly. “Don’t ever try that again, ok? If you n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter