Chapter 3

Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Kim wipes Hyoyeon’s face gently with a wet towel. She carefully brushes Hyoyeon’s hair and wipes her arms and legs. It’s been 3 days since the incident and Hyoyeon’s condition seems to improve bit by bit. Mrs. Kim felt relieve at that and would stay at the hospital to look after her. She then sit back down and looks at Hyoyeon. She smiles at her daughter and kiss her forehead lightly.

“Hyoyeon-ah, the girls sent in flowers.” Mrs. Kim announces sadly. “They want you to wake up soon. Eunhyuk was informed and he wishes to see you and wish you to wake up soon. He also sent flowers and hope to see you awake. The doctors told me you will wake up soon, your condition is improving.” Mrs. Kim then sighs as she holds Hyoyeon’s hand. “Once you wake up, I will make you your favorite food. Ddeokbokki, right?”

Seeing no response, she sighs and puts her head down. Moments later, she felt a squeeze on her hand. Shock, she stares to Hyoyeon’s hand before hearing something.

“Eomma…”

Mrs. Kim looks at her daughter before pressing the button on top of the bed, calling the doctors. The doctor rushes inside a minute later and check on Hyoyeon.

“Do you remember your name?” Doctor Oh asks.

“Kim Hyoyeon.”

“Your birthdate?”

“September 22nd…”

The doctor nods as he writes down on the clipboard and turns to Mrs. Kim. “She seems to be stable now. We will move her to a private room as soon as she is feeling better.”

“Thank you so much.” Mrs. Kim bows as Doctor Oh left the room. Mrs. Kim then looks back at Hyoyeon, who is looking at her.

“Eomma…” Hyoyeon calls out.

“Hyoyeon-ah…” Mrs. Kim smiles. “You’re awake…”

Hyoyeon smiles weakly and looks around. “What happened?”

“Do you remember what happened?” Mrs. Kim asks, wanting to see if Hyoyeon is aware of the events.

Hyoyeon nods. “I was at the fan sign…a fan was shot and everything turns black.” She says.

“You were on life support.” Mrs. Kim informs. “But you’re fine now…”

“Where is appa? And the girls?”

“I called them when Doctor Oh was checking up on you. They’re coming.” Mrs. Kim smiles. “I’m happy you’re awake…”

 

[BREAKING] Hyoyeon regain consciousness after 3 days.

It has been 3 days since the shooting during her fan sign event and SM have updated that Hyoyeon has regain consciousness. Her condition starts to improve yesterday and was moved to a private room earlier this morning.

On another note, the member of Girls’ Generation, Taeyeon, have posted on social media after the news of Hyoyeon waking up.

taeyeon_ss: Hyoyeonnie opened her eyes this afternoon and we all were there as soon as her mother called. She recognizes us and remembered what had happened. She wants everyone not to worry about her and felt sorry for the whole incident. We want to thank everyone who have wish her for a speedy recovery and have sent in gifts. Hopefully, she will be able to see everyone again.

 

“Thank you for coming to see me.” Hyoyeon smiles, looking at the other members. “Sorry for making you all worried.”

“Don’t say that.” Sunny says, frowning. “We’re just happy that you wake up. Now, focus on recovering so we could all be back to playing games in the living room.”

Hyoyeon smiles. “I want to see the fan…she was hurt too.” She says, looking at her mom. “I want to check on her.”

“I will ask the doctor.” Mrs. Kim says before standing up and left the room.

The manager Yongdeok then walks in. “Hyoyeon-ah, I’m glad you’re awake.”

“Oppa…”

“I’m sorry Hyo.” Yongdeok whispers. “I wish there was another way we could have handle that situation. I should have act as soon as you told me.”

Hyoyeon shakes her head. “No, you saved me.” She smiles. “I’m sure things would be worst if you didn’t act quickly.”

Later, Hyoyeon was move to a wheelchair and Yongdeok pushes her to the fan’s room.

“Hyoyeon unni.”

“Hey.” Hyoyeon smiles as the manager pushes her next to the fan’s bed. “I’m sorry for what had happened. It was my fault everything lost control and you were shot. I wish I could have done something else to save you and everyone else.” Hyoyeon says as tears form. “If I haven’t insult him, he wouldn’t have shoot you and you wouldn’t be here.”

“Unni, it’s ok…I’m fine now.” The fan frowns.

Hyoyeon shakes her head and smiles as she holds the fan’s hand. “I’m just thankful you’re safe. Please continue to support us. We will make sure nothing like this will happen again.”

 

A week later, Hyoyeon was well enough to go home, or she wanted to go home after staying in the hospital for so long. Hyoyeon convince everyone she is well and wanted to go home. The doctor finally agrees and she was discharge. The fan was discharge the day after Hyoyeon have visited her and the story between her and the fan became viral. Sooyoung, and Seohyun continue to shoot for their drama while Yoona was finishing with filming. The other members are also free so they all stayed home with Hyoyeon to help her. With her abdomen still hurting, she was put on bed rest for another week. Hyoyeon updated a photo of her hand doing a thumbs up on Instagram, telling fan she is ok and is recovering.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter