Chapter 4

Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recording, jacket shooting, as well as filming for the music video are finish. The girls are now in their last stages of preparation. Hyoyeon returned home to Incheon while the girls practice at SM for their comeback next month. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim have help Hyoyeon recover and kept her out of the spotlight as much as possible. The girls would text and call from time to time to check up on her, but lately, due to their busy schedules and SMTOWN Concert in Seoul, they couldn’t do it as often. And when they do, they seems to have lost contact with the dancer.

On July 12th, Eunhyuk step out of the base, smiling as he is greeted with reporters and fans, as well as some of s from Super Junior; Donghae, Leetuek, Yesung, Shindong. He stands and salute in front of them as they take pictures of the singer. Today is the day where Eunhyuk is discharge from the military, after serving for 2 years.

“Eunhyuk-shii, we would like to ask you a few questions.” One reporter asks.

“Go ahead.” Eunhyuk nods as he was pass a bunch of microphones glued together.

“What are you plans after being discharged?”

“Well,” Eunhyuk chuckles. “I am waiting for Donghae, who is coming back in 2 days so that we can come back as a duo while waiting for the rest of Super Junior.”

“Will you be joining the rest of SM artists as they will be traveling to Tokyo and Osaka in a few weeks for the tour?”

“Of course.” Eunhyuk smiles. “And I will be joining them in Hong Kong on August 5th for a small concert. And please look forward to Girls’ Generation on August 5th, I heard they are holding a fan meeting commemorating their 10th debut anniversary.”

“Speaking of Girls’ Generation, we are sure you have heard of Hyoyeon-shii’s hiatus.”

Eunhyuk nods. “Of course. Her family and mine have been contacting me ever since she was taken to the hospital. I understand her reasons and hope everyone will support Hyoyeon on her recovery.” He answers truthfully.

“Do you plan on seeing her?”

“Even though my schedules after today will be pretty busy, I will try my best to visit her whenever I’m free.” Eunhyuk smiles to the reporters, but inside, he just hope they will stop asking questions about Hyoyeon. He doesn’t want her being in the spotlight right now.

“Last question, do you have anything to say to your fans, who were waiting for you for the last 2 years?”

“Thank you everyone for waiting for me for the past 2 years. Please look forward to my future activities. I will see you soon.” Eunhyuk says before bowing.

Eunhyuk bows to the reporters, thanking them before making his way to his family. The other members of Super Junior said good-bye to Eunhyuk and told him they will meet him back in the dorm. He smiles widely, showing his famous gummy smile as he approach his parents.

“Aigoo, my son, it’s been a long time.” Mr. Lee says as he pats Eunhyuk’s head.

“You have grown into a man, Hyukjae.” Mrs. Lee smiles.

“Eomma, appa, it’s good to be back.” Eunhyuk grins as the three hugs. “Sorry for taking so long, they wanted to ask some questions.”

“No, we understand.” Mrs. Lee says. “They want to update your fans on how you’re doing after your service.”

They then made their way to the car and drives home. But Eunhyuk notice they are leaving Seoul instead.

“Where are we going?” Eunhyuk asks, looking at Mr. Lee, who is driving.

“You don’t want to check up on Hyoyeon?” Mrs. Lee asks, looking at Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk widens his eyes. “How is she now?”

“She seems to be recovering.” Mr. Lee says seriously. “But she still haven’t open up to us. She won’t tell us what’s wrong.”

Eunhyuk sighs as he pulls out his phone and check his messages. He notices messages from Hyoyeon’s parents, members of Super Junior and his friends. Most of them are welcoming him back so Eunhyuk quickly reply to all of them before checking the text from Hyoyeon’s parents. Eunhyuk then puts his phone away as his father pulls up in front of a big apartment building. The three got out of the car and head inside before pressing onto the floor where Hyoyeon’s family are staying. Walking out, Mrs. Kim press onto the doorbell to a double door.

 “Annyeonghaseyo.” Mingu greets, bowing as he opens the door.

“Aigoo, Mingu-ah, you returned from America?” Mrs. Lee smiles.

“Neh, I want to look after Hyoyeon noona.” Mingu smiles and saw Eunhyuk. “Hyung, welcome back.” He says as the two did a bro fist before shaking hands.

“Thank you Mingu.” Eunhyuk grins as the two hugs after all of their shenanigans. They all then walk inside with Mingu informing their arrival. “Eomma, appa, Eunhyuk-hyung came to visit!”

“Hyukjae, look at how much you have change. You have definitely became my built and handsome.” Mrs. Kim smiles, hugging Eunhyuk. “Hyoyeon would be so happy to see you.”

“Where is she right now?” Eunhyuk asks as soon as they broke their hugs.
“She should be in her room.” Mrs. Kim ponders. “If not, you can check the study room.”

Eunhyuk nods and excuse himself before going to Hyoyeon’s room. Eunhyuk chuckles as he saw the family’s dog, Barbara waving her tail as soon as she saw him.

“Hello little one.” Eunhyuk says, bending down to pick the dog up. Barbara barks happily as she Eunhyuk’s face. “Yeah, it’s nice to see you too.” He laughs before continuing down the hallway to Hyoyeon’s room. Eunhyuk shift the dog to one side before opening the door and peek in.

“Hyoyeonnie?” Eunhyuk whispers as he looks inside. He smiles sadly as he saw her sitting on the bed, hugging herself as she stares into nothing. The room was dark as the light wasn’t turn on. Since he doesn’t want to scare her, he decide to leave the light off. As he was about to enter, Barbara wiggle out of his hold and jump down, barking as she runs to Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon was startle at first, but calm down when she saw Barbar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter