Chapter 2

Esoteric Files

 

 

 

It has been two months since the whole “flashdrive” incident and the mysterious man still hasn’t shown up to claim it. Everytime Hwa-Young walks past the black flashdrive that is stationed on her desk, it burns a hole in the back of her head.

 

What the hell am I supposed to do with it? What if it is important? Hwa-Young thinks as she fiddled with the secretive flashdrive.She glanced at her rose gold computer that is lying open on her bed.

 

What if- No Hwa-Young. You know better than to snoop into other people's business, She mentally scolds herself for even thinking about doing such a thing.

But I mean what if I just took a peek. I could find out where to find the man and return it to him, Hwa-Young thinks through her options.

 

I could look through it, find out where to find mystery man, then return it to him and become a hero.

He would smile a genuine smile then wrap me in his strong arms an-

 

“Ew. What the hell am I thinking.” She mumbles and tosses the flashdrive onto her desk.

 

I’ll just sleep on it. She thinks as she grabs her pajamas and walks into the bathroom to take a shower.

At BTS Headquarters Image result for line design

 

 

“What the hell do you mean that you failed to take out Lee Soo Man?” Kwang Jung-Min screamed as he slapped the male in front of him.

There are seven males standing before Kwang Jung-Min. The boys were in their late teens to early twenties. Together the seven boys are part of a group called BTS.

 

The names of the members are Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin, Jung Hoseok, Min Yoongi, Kim Seokjin, and Kim Namjoon.

BTS is part of one of many underground gang companies. They belong to the gang company BigHit, which is run by a mafia leader, Kwang Jung-Min.

Kwang Jung-Min was a cold looking guy with an equally cold heart.

He is fairly short compared to the members of BTS. He has slicked back, black hair. He wears black suits 24/7 with a pair of old fashioned sunglasses. He has a dark scar that runs from under his left eyes, through the left side of his lip, and ends at his chin.

The seven boys coward in fear as Kwang Jung-Min hit the Namjoon, the leader of BTS, again and again.

 

“I GAVE YOU ONE ING JOB!” Kwang Jung-Min screams. He looks at the boys and pushes Namjoon toward them.

 

“Give me Flashdrive E.” Kwang Jung-Min says and faces Namjoon.

Panic rushes over Namjoon and his face turns pale.

Kwang Jung-Min glares at him.

“Remember. The flashdrive that I gave you to take care of.” Kwang Jung-Min approaches Namjoon.

“THAT FLASHDRIVE HOLDS ALL THE SECRETS ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND THE PEOPLE IN IT. IF IT IS PLACED IN THE WRONG HANDS BTS AND THE WHOLE BIGHIT COMPANY WILL FALL. WHERE. THE. . IS. IT.” Kwang Jung-Min screams, so loud it hurts.

“Sir, I recall you giving it to me, but it seems as if I have misplaced it.” Namjoon replies with fear coated words. “The last time I remember having it was 2 months ago.”

Kwang Jung-Min takes a big breath. He turns to the five bodyguards that are guarding the door.

“Take the other boys out. I have to deal with Namjoon.” The bodyguards nod and grab the 6 boys. They drag them out of the room, slamming the door behind them.

Screams of pain echoed through the headquarters all night long.

Hwa-Young wakes up to the sound of someone knocking on her door. She groaned and covered her head with her fluffy, blue pillow. Hwa-Young hears someone open the door. Image result for line design

“Why are you waking me up, it’s Saturday.” Hwa-Young says as she rolls over to see who walked in. She sees her mom standing at the door. She is wearing a flowy, black dress with sleeves. Mrs. Lee used to be a very young looking lady for her age. She had fair skin, bright eyes, and long, black hair. After the incident, Mrs. Lee turned into a workaholic. She opened multiple stores and worked day and night. Her skin developed wrinkles, bags under her eyes, and grey hairs started to appear. Now she looks as old as she is, if not younger.

Not only did her appearance change, her personality is different. Hwa-Young’s whole family is different. Everything changed. Mrs. Lee used to love spending time with family, but now she works all the time and doesn’t enjoy spending time with her family. Mr. Lee was a very strict man, but after… that day, he lost the will to care anymore. He doesn’t about what his family does or where they go. The only time him and his wife talk is when is his damn inflamed bladder acts up. The only time he talks to Hwa-Young is when he tells her things she has to do. Mr. Lee also works at the convenience store at a different location.

Hwa-Young also has changed. She was a very bubbly person, with a whole lot of sass. Now she lost her bubbliness. She is very cold and doesn’t talk much. She just listens. Hwa-Young is very good at telling what someone is feeling just by looking at them. Hwa-Young doesn’t show emotion, because she doesn’t like people to know what she feeling. She doesn’t need their pity. She doesn’t want their sorries.

“Me and your father have a work conference in Japan. We are trying to get more stores in different locations.” Mrs. Lee says as she looks at her phone.

“Okay.” Hwa-Young replies tiredly.

“We are staying there for a while and I don’t know when we'll be back. I assume you’re old enough to take care of yourself. It’s also summer so you don’t have to worry about school. Bye.” Mrs. Lee says and before Hwa-Young can even respond she shuts the door.

“Well I guess I’m alone.” Hwa-Young groans as she gets up and goes to wash up. Hwa-Young isn’t an ugly person. She is actually very beautiful for a 20 year old. Most girls have a cute face, but not her. Her face is cold and a little y. Hwa-Young has black, wavy hair that ends right at her shoulder blade. She has big, bright, blue eyes. A very uncommon trait among Koreans. Her body isn’t like most typical korean girls. She was fairly tall compared to people her age, 5’8. She has curves in the best ways. She isn’t fat but she isn’t a twig.

“Ugh. There is nothing for me to do.” Hwa-Young whines while brushing her teeth. She spits into the sink and walks back into her room. Hwa-Young glances at the flashdrive.

“What if..” Hwa-Young grabs the flashdrive and computer from her desk. She powers on the computer and plugs the flashdrive in.

“A little look never hurt anyone.”