Chapter I

Esoteric Files

     “The Hana Bank was robbed last night by an unknown group of people. The Hana Clan is facing bankruptcy. The television takes up silence in the Lee Convenience Store.

    “Turn that bull off Hwa-Young.” Mrs. Lee says to her daughter. Hwa-Young snaps out of her daze. “We don’t need another reminder that the world is corrupted with evil s.

    “Yeah, yeah.” Hwa-Young says quietly as she turns off the TV. This wasn’t the most ideal situation for a Friday night, but it was her usual routine. Going to work at her family store right after school, having to listen to her mom talk about how bad strawberries are this year. It’s ing exhausting.

    “I’m going home. Your fathers inflamed bladder is acting up again,” Mrs. Lee says, ruining Hwa-Young’s train of thought. “Close up at 8:00pm.”

    “Yeah, okay.” Hwa-Young replies not giving much attention to her mom.

    “Disrespectful little brat.” Mrs. Lee mutters under her breath as she walks out of the store. Hwa-Young rolls her eyes. She looks at the clock. It reads, 5:34.

    “Oh goody, two and a half more hours to go,” Hwa-Young says out loud. She grabs her favorite book, “Life of Pi” from under the counter and starts reading.

                           

~~~

    Hwa-Young has the tendency to get a tad bit caught up in a book and lose track of time. When she checked the clock, it was already 7:55pm.“What the hell!” Hwa-Young says out loud. She started to clean up the counter and pack up the remainder of the cash from the cash register. While she is picking up garbage off the ground a man walks into the store. She politely bows to the man, and he does the same.

 

    While the man picks out his snack, Hwa-Young takes the time to look at his features. He has grey hair that does some weird flippy thing in the front, and the ends hang on both sides of his forehead. A strong jawline, large lips, and very tall. He is wearing a flowy, white, almost sheer, button-up shirt. He wears a grey-ish gold blazer. He pairs it with black leather skinny jeans and a pair of thick black glasses. Overall, he gives off a scary, emotionless aura.

  Damn he’s hot as fuc-

 “Mhm..” Hwa-Young’s thoughts are interrupted by the man coughing to get her attention. “Excuse me Ma'am, but do you sell Kancho’s here?” He said with a low, smooth voice.

 “Oh, yes we do.” She says. She walks around the counter and goes and grabs the snack from the shelf. She turns around about to go back to the counter and give the man his snack, but she runs into him, not realizing that he followed her. She tumbles backwards and so does he. “O-oh I’m so sorry.. I didn’t realize you were right behind me.” Hwa-Young says while bowing.

Even though technically he ran into me, but I ain’t that petty, She thinks.

  “No, it’s okay,” he says with a smile. There is no emotion in that smile. Fake, Hwa-Young thought. I wonder what happened to make him this cold. Hwa-Young gives the man the Kancho’s and walks back to the counter. He follows and sets the snack on the counter.

   “Will this be all for you today?” She asks nicely.

   “Yeah.” He stated coldly.

  Hwa-Young packs up the Kancho’s into a bag and hands it to him. He was looking at his phone, most likely texting someone. He seemed almost, nervous about it. His eyebrows tensed and was typing pretty fast. He looked up at Hwa-Young and grabbed the bag.

  “Thank you.” He says as he hands you the cash. “Keep the change.” He says as he walks out the door with the snack. Hwa-Young picks up the money and counts it.

50 dollars! It only costs 2.50, Hwa-Young surprisingly thinks.

She puts the money her bag and walks over to the door and changes the open sign to closed. She is just about to grab her coat, phone, and backpack when she sees a flashdrive on the floor.

. The guy must have dropped it when we ran into each other, Hwa-Young thinks.

She picks the flashdrive up and puts it in her backpack. Hwa-Young picks her things up and walks out the store, closing the door behind her. She looks around to see if she can find the man who dropped it. Unfortunately, he is long gone and nowhere to be seen. 


    Whatever, if it’s that important he will come back to the store for it, She thinks and puts the flashdrive in her bag. When she gets home she sets it on her desk. It’s just a flashdrive.  It can’t cause that much drama, Hwa-Young says under her breath as she walks into her bathroom.