Can I have my tea bag/back?

I'm Like Tea Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The happiest person today might actually be Sunggyu's publisher. The book signing organised for the author's new book was such a success that Sunggyu was finding it tired having to write his name over and over again. His readers' kind words felt both comforting and ironic to him - once upon a time, half these people probably put his books down for the so-called scandal that they wanted to buy into. The handful stood by him all the way were not in line but in his heart - his publisher, Alina and...

 

"Surprise! Juice for the new favourite author of Korea!" Alina appeared from behind a shelf as Sunggyu was packing up his stuff to leave. He turned around and smiled at his friend - she had clearly rushed over from work just to support him again. It was times like this that he's glad he chose to forgive his friend. He sat down at the book counter again to enjoy the drink his friend bought. 

 

"Are you alright?" Alina asked, concerned about Sunggyu's solemn expression. 

 

"Nothing, I'm just glad I have you to share my success with." Sunggyu mumbled into his juice. He wasn't lying, he really was glad that she was there. It's that he wished there were one more person there for him. He thought the book's writing process would be a good healing period for him, but it did little to make him forget. He felt sorry towards Alina, for having made her feel uncomfortable again during their meeting again. It wasn't her fault that he had been melancholic - well technically not. She didn't know know about Woohyun's real identity. So he casually lied that Woohyun had left to go back overseas, and that their relationship didn't work out. 

 

"Sunggyu, are you thinking about him again?" Alina asked softly. She knew that she was threading on dangerous grounds, but Sunggyu had gone by well for a couple of months without a major break down. She needed to know how to help. 

 

"Yea. Sorry for dampening the mood again. I guess I really have to work on that." Sunggyu replied as he took another gulp of the juice. 

 

"Sunggyu-ah, do you want to drop by my place tonight for some celebratory dinner? I'll cook." Alina suddenly offered enthusiastically, her bursting energy shocking Sunggyu a little. "Nothing can cheer you up better than food right?" 

 

Sunggyu blinked for a couple of times before nodding. Maybe with the help of his friend, he could learn to overcome sorrow. 

***

Sunggyu stepped into Alina's apartment slowly. Like him, Alina was still single and had the apartment to herself. She was dawned in an apron and busily cooking some fish fillet before Sunggyu turned up. "Welcome!" She said hurriedly before returning to the kitchen. 

 

"I bought some fruits for you! You look like the kind who will forget groceries." Sunggyu shouted from the living room. The girl was clearly still busy in the kitchen, so she didn't reply. 

 

The writer surveyed his friend's house. Maybe it's really been too long since he hung out at her place (well, the last time was before Woohyun showed up in his life), but the girl had really changed a lot. She's gotten a promotion in her job, so her apartment had more expensive furniture (finally replacing the terrible ones that Sunggyu used to judge). The place was cleaner as well, perhaps she could finally afford to hire a cleaning lady. 

 

"Ya, Mr Author-nim, I know I offered to cook dinner for you but, at least help me or something." Aline whined as she placed a piece of fish fillet on the plate and started to work on the other piece. 

 

"What?" Sunggyu said as he flicked her head. Just one of those evil things he could do as a good friend. 

 

"Could you go to my room and grab the new bottle of wine I bought? I've a bottle of red and another bottle of white on my table. Just choose whichever you like." She instructed without looking up from the steak. She was determined not to burn either of their dinner. 

 

"Roger that Ma'am." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter