My Cup of Tea

I'm Like Tea Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alina tried to sip on her own cup of tea. "Glad you're using the gift," she said, lowering her voice and directing her words at Sunggyu alone. Her friend was seated on the couch beside her, both of them sipping on their respective cups of tea. She watched him finish his third cup, and smiled. 

 

"Guess you've really switched from a coffee to tea kind of person then?" She asked. "Or rather, you've switched your lifetsyle," she smiled wryly and pointed at the blonde boy in the kitchen. Woohyun was busy preparing dinner for the gathering. Sunggyu had offered to help, but Woohyun couldn't to let him ruin the pieces of lamb chop that they bought earlier that day. The writer was obviously better at words than in culinary tasks. The fairy left the two friends to chat over a pot of tea, catching up on their recent happenings. 

 

Sunggyu smiled and replied to her in a similarly low whisper, hoping that the tea fairy did not have the special powers of superhuman hearing. "Not yet, but hopefully soon." Alina snickered at his sudden shyness, and they each finished another cup of tea each. "Looks like you've been working on something other than your latest novel." 

 

"Dinner's ready!" The blonde fairy plated the last piece of lamb onto the plate and very efficient brought the three plates to the table. Woohyun knew Sunggyu always felt guilty about making him cook, so he had to convince him multiple times that cooking was his new-found forte that he enjoyed. He's taken advantage of all his summon times with Sunggyu to head to the supermarket nearby (within 20 minutes of course) and cook. Imagine being summoned on a holiday all the time. 

 

"So Woohyun, what are you working as?" Alina asked as she placed a piece of lamb in . It was heaven. "A chef maybe?" 

 

Woohyun flashed her a toothy grin, his eyes narrowing into crescents. "That's right. I'm glad you can tell." Sunggyu coughed into his food. 

 

"So you work in Seoul? At a Western restaurant?" 

 

"I just came back from England actually, so I'm still looking for a restaurant to settle. I was doing odd jobs and helping out at some cafes when Sunggyu here met me through my food. He was working on his book in the shop." They've rehearsed this story (written beautifully by novelist Kim Sunggyu) so many times that Sunggyu was giving the appropriate reactions without choking up on his dinner. Alina accepted this tale without a doubt, so dinner went on in an amiable mood. That was, until Sunggy struggled with the tougher part of his lamb chop. 

 

"I'll get that for you." Woohyun said softly and took over the task. Alina thought it was sweet, but while she thought that her friend might have a chance with this crush, she couldn't help but notice that Woohyun seemed to be excessively serious about the task. His face clearly fell a bit when he watched the man beside him lose control over his utensils. Sunggyu tried to gloss over the embarrassing situation by drinking another cup of tea, but it didn't help that his shaking hands coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter