Tea-mwork

I'm Like Tea Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu stared at the blanket in his chair and listened intently to the noise outside. Whoever it was, the person was rummaging his kitchen cupboards for something. Sunggyu was alert and he scanned his room. The only thing that he could remotely call a defensive weapon in a writer's room was basically his letter opener on his desk. Grabbing his small but potentially lethal weapon, Sunggyu quietly opened the door. 

 

Being a writer had certainly helped Sunggyu train his imagination. At least a dozen scenarios had ran through his head as he walked down the narrow hallway from his bedroom to the kitchen outside. Either the person be dead, or he might be armed as well, how should Sunggyu attack to make his move the most effective etcetera. He was rehearsing his moves in his head, when he finally saw his enemy in the kitchen. 

 

The stranger rested a pot on Sunggyu's electronic stove. Next to it was an opened packet of ramen, and Sunggyu could vaguely hear the water boiling. It looked like the man was searching for something else on the top shelf. Judging from his height and statue, Sunggyu was slightly more confident of taking the intruder down. He was worried if he had to face a burly man on his own, but this make was not taller than he was. In fact he was sure he was shorter, albeit fitter than he himself was. If he was accurate in his attack, he might be able to take him down. 

 

Sunggyu lunged himself towards his intruder. The man, dressed strangely in only a casual V-neck plain white tee that showed off his collarbones and a pair of tattered black jeans, was hardly surprised by his assailant's advance. He grabbed Sunggyu by his wrist and quickly twisted his arms behind the clumsy writer's back, forcing the letter opener on the floor. Kicking it aside, he let Sunggyu striggle against his form grip full a full minute before saying calmly, "Kim Sunggyu-shhi. I'm not here to harm you. Now I need you to calm down and let me get back to my cooking or you will not be getting supper." 

 

The man let go of Sunggyu and put the ramen into the boiling water. Sunggyu stared at the young male incredulously. This was totally absurd. He was so dumbfounded that when the stranger asked him for chopsticks, he obediently pointed out the drawer to him. 

 

"I know you have many questions right now," the stranger began as he continued stirring the contents in the pot, "but be rest assured I am not here to steal from you, rob you, beat you or harm you in anyway. All I need you to do now," he glanced at the clock and then helped himself to Sunggyu's new tea set, "is to have a cup of tea." 

 

 

The ten minutes that Sunggyu waited for the ramen to finish cooking felt like years. He finally calmed down and realised that there was no way around the situation but to do as he was told. He still felt threatened; he noticed that his windows were still closed, and he was sure his password-operated door was locked. How did this man get in? Why is he cooking in his kitchen, with no intention of snatching any valuable from him? Was he one of his crazy reader fans? Is this how the unlucky author would end his career, and also his tragic life?

 

"Eat up. You look like you need something warm." The young man set the dinner before Sunggyu. The latter refused to touch it.

 

"Look, you saw me cooking and I definitely did not poison it, alright? Now stop that stupid writer's imagination of yours and start eating." 

 

Sunggyu stared at him. His speculations of him being a fanatic reader was now ringing in his head more than ever before. How did he know he was an author otherwise? 

 

"I am not your fanatic reader, if that's what you're thinking." The male rolled his eyes. 

 

Sunggyu was caught off guard by how casual his comment was, and that he knew his thoughts.

 

He helped himself to the ramen, which tasted surprisingly good despite the situation. He relaxed a bit with the food in his system. He took a bite and immediately resumed staring at the mysterious man before him. He hated to say it, but the ramen tasted good and the man's collarbones were distracting. 

 

"Who are you?" Sunggyu demanded. Did he sense the fear in his voice?

 

"I don't have much tim-"

 

"Why do you not have much time? You have time for ramen but not for explanations? Are you on some mission that you have to finish by a certain time?" Sunggyu raised a brow and the questions just poured out. The anger in him was building up again, along with anxiousness and lingering fear.

 

"Okay if you won't shut up, I can't go on." The make smiled politely at Sunggyu. Maybe it was the danger of the situation, but that smile made Sunggyu's heart skip a beat. He immediately obeyed the male. 

 

"It will sound stupid but this, is the truth..." 

 

 

20 minutes later. 

 

The ramen was almost left untouched, and Sunggyu was just staring at the person, whom he now knows as Woohyun, with his jaw opened. 

 

"You know this sounds incredibly silly right? Like it sounds like what I handed in as my creative writing assignment when I was, I don't know, 5!?" Sunggyu almost replied in amusement. 

 

"I know I know...but this explains why there are no signs of breaking into your house right?" Woohyun could only smile apologetically. 

 

Sunggyu knew he was right. There was no other way Woohyun could have entered his apartment. He shook his head and tried to rethink everything that Woohyun had just said. "So you are telling me, that you are a ing tea fairy..."

 

"Mmhmm..." 

 

"You have been attached to this tea cup since 1916 during WWI in England..."

 

"Yep..."

 

"And whenever someone drinks tea from this cup you will be summoned within a ten meters radius from them  out of this air, specific location is up to you, and you will only last for 20 minutes for one cup of tea?"

 

"Yes. That is very right. In a few seconds you will see that my outlines start to blur, and very soon I will disappear." 

 

Sure enough, as Woohyun had predicted, Sunggyu realised that the person before him was starting to fade as the clock ticked the seconds away. He rubbed his eyes, afraid that he was hallucinating. Yet the moment he looked up, Woohyun was gone, leaving only a bewildered Sunggyu and his ramen. 

---

From that fateful day onwards, Sunggyu never touched the tea set again. In fact, he never dared to touch tea again. He meant to tell Alina about his encounters, but he quickly dismissed the idea. For one, his encounters were beyond believable anyway, and even he had a hard time convincing himself that the conversation with Woohyun wasn't a fragment of imagination from his tired mind. More importantly, Sunggyu had something else to deal with at the moment. 

 

With the ongoing scandal surrounding his identity and the useless focus on his femininity, somebody else had been hot on the heels of Sunggyu. For the past week, he was sure that a nosy reporter determined to uncover his identity since forever had been staking out near his apartment. The reporter, a handsome up and coming young man with the resolve to use Sunggyu's story his breakout piece, had been loitering around his complex for a few days trying to figure out his exact residence. The reporter's name was Donghyun, widely known as the "Golden Child" of his company because of his motivation, and looked remarkably like Sunggyu himself. The writer always found it amusing that the reporter chose to write speculative pieces about himself when his iden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter