Teabag

I'm Like Tea Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woohyun-ah, tell me about that WWII story again." Sunggyu said as he sipped on another cup of tea, his fifteenth cup for the day. 

 

"Which one?" Woohyun said without looking up from his pan. Dinner was steak for the night. 

 

"The one where you said changed the course of WWII for the allies." Sunggyu rolled his eyes and played with his fork mindlessly. "I want to include more details for my main character." 

 

"She's a spy this time?" Woohyun asked, curious. "I have to say, your previous character was not that convincing. Sounds like a James Bond. If a spy is this flashy, she would have been dead long ago." He plated the two pieces of meat and joined Sunggyu at the dining table. He put a hand on Sunggyu's tea cup as he watched the writer unconsciously holding it up to his lips again. 

 

"You should stop drinking. I've been around for hours." Woohyun placed the steak before Sunggyu. 

 

"You still got to tell me that story. I'm dying to know." He pushed Woohyun's hand aside and drank the cup of matcha in one gulp. Woohyun could only shake his head at Sunggyu's stubbornness. There was no stopping a writer when his inspiration comes. 

 

"I'll finish all these in 40 minutes, so stop drinking." Woohyun placed a mouthful of steak in his mouth. Sunggyu followed suit, and immediately a contented smile crossed his face. "Gosh I can't live without your food." 

 

"Just call me during meal hours then." 

 

"And you stories." Sunggyu smiled. "They enchant me. So much that I couldn't have known through research." 

 

"If you knew everything, the world would be a mess of revenge today. Trust me." Woohyun chuckled. "Anyway, three days before the fateful D-Day..." 

 

That was another day of 25 cups of tea per day, but 9 hours of smiles, jokes, stories and laughter.

 

 

"The weather is great today, you should go out." Woohyun drew the curtains slightly and commented nonchalantly to Sunggyu. 

 

"Nah, I'm on my last chapter." Sunggyu typed away frantically. Woohyun looked at him, slightly pained by the writer's exhausted look. He hadn't slept nor left the house in days. When he confronted the young writer, he merely commented that 20 days of not having left the house wasn't even his highest record. "The publisher is finally asking for my next draft. This is my comeback." He winked at the fairy before taking another quick sip of his tea. 

 

"Sunggyu-ya, bring me somewhere." Woohyun turned to Sunggyu and said sincerely. Sunggyu looked up and stared at him with his dark circles. Woohyun pretended not to see them, but he could barely look at Sunggyu anymore. 

 

"Where to?" Sunggyu asked, grinning at Woohyun.

 

"Hangang picnic? You up for it?" Woohyun stepped forward to give Sunggyu a hug. He's restrained for the past week, but seeing Sunggyu like this made it unbearable. He felt Sunggyu's hand tremble slightly as he returned the hug, resting his chin on the crook of Woohyun's neck. "Let's go." 

 

The park beside Han river was dotted with picnic mats despite the late hours. Sunggyu and Woohyun chose a quieter corner along the bank, further away from the main crowd of buskers and couples. 

 

"I can't believe you," Woohyun blew his own fringe, "you brought the freaking tea set out?" 

 

"Tea is a must for picnics." Sunggyu settled himself beside the fairy on the mat and they sat side by side, shoulder touching shoulder, looking at the night scenery of Han river. "How unromantic. It's been so long since I've come to Han river, and I'm coming here with a guy."

 

"You're an author. You know romance is as far as you make it to be." Woohyun said, smiling involuntarily. The two sat staring at the river and neon lights reflected in the water. Sunggyu found it oddly nostalgic to look at this again, something away from the world of his novels and computer screen. His shut-in periods as a writer used to be terribly boring. He would forget to eat, sleep, and worst of all when the writer's block hits, all he could do was to sit on the couch to stare at his empty wall. 

 

He's never come close to completing a novel this quickly before. He didn't have to think about meals. He always had conversations to fill his writer's block and that would inspire him to continue his words. He always had someone to talk to when necessary. It's strange to not be...alone. 

 

"Is this really how you feel?" Woohyun asked, lying down on the mat beside Sunggyu and listening intently to Sunggyu's words. "I'm glad my role is finally redefined then." 

 

Sunggyu drank another cup of tea to to quench his thirst from all the talking. "What do you mean?" He looked at the fairy quizzically. 

 

"Sunggyu-ah, I've been telling you war stories not because I googled them. I experienced them."  Woohyun said. Sunggyu's eyes widened as the implication of Woohyun's words slowly dawned on him. He lay down beside the fairy and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter