Empty

The Disappearance of Oh Sehun

3 months later 

Kai was leaving school when he noticed his neighbors and some guys he never seen before picking up boxes and moving them to what seem a moving truck. 

So their moving. Kai looks away when he had an eye contact with the wife. 

Kai wonder why their moving they just moved two years ago. 

-

Kai drove to school still feeling the emptiness inside him. For some reason, something feels off. He doesn't know what it is but it has been bothering for some time now. 

Kai hit the brake of his mustang car slowly as he makes a stop at a convenience store. This was one of his daily routine from school. It always bothers him when he doesn't stop and get a bubble tea. He knows it's too early for it but he just has this odd feeling he supposed to buy it. 

Kai doesn't drink them though. 

Once he gets to school, he parks his car and sit there. His mind wondering m. Looking for something in his memories. 

-

It was during math class when he noticed an empty desk. He never noticed it before. Why now. 

"Do you know who sit there?" He asked one of his classmate, pointing at the empty desk.

The guy averted his eyes to the desk. Kai noticed the startled look in the guy's eyes. 

"I... don't know..." the guy swallows. "Has it always been empty?" 

Kai stares at the guy. He looks confused and it's look like he was trying so hard to remember something. 

-

Kai park his car in front of his house. He noticed his neighbor, Mrs. Oh --was it? Kai doesn't remember-- exiting their house. 

Kai got off his car and Mrs. Oh glance at him. They both smiled. 

"Moving?" Kai asked.

"Yeah." She breathes out. 

"So soon." 

Kai watched the woman in front of him. Her gentle look turned to sadness. 

"The house was too big for me and my husband. And his barely home so..." she looks away. "I guess it just felt empty." 

Empty.

That's what Kai has been feeling lately. And it seemed he wasn't alone. 

-

It was eight o'clock and Kai was sitting on his bed looking out of his window, waiting. Waiting for what? Kai doesn't know either. It seems he doesn't know anything anymore. 

Kai turned his head to the Oh's house and looked at the room right across from him. It's empty now but it used to be a guest room. 

When it was time for Kai to go to sleep, he unlocked his window. It was unsafe but he just needed to do it or it'll bother him. He felt guilty if he doesn't.