Taken

The Disappearance of Oh Sehun

Kai was sitting on the couch with his parents and some detectives. Apparently the boy next door Oh Sehun disappeared last night from his room. Nothing was taken from his room so they thought he was taken away or something. Kai doesn't know his not paying attention his mind was else where.

They weren't friends; the boy was new in the neighborhood two years ago and they barely talked. Exchange glances and greetings but that's about it. Until that night---

"---did you know him son?" Kai snapped out of it and blankly stared at the detectives in front of him. 

Kai shook his head and said no for some reason. The detective might have noticed that he was lying because after that he said, "your not going to get in troubled or him. His parents are worried about him that's all." He assures. 

"I really didn't know him." Kai says this time with determination. 

The detectives left after that and Kai went to his room. 

-

Kai drove to his friend's house Suho who's having a bonfire party with just their group. By the time he got there his friends were already drinking and eating smores. 

"There you are Kai, didn't think you were coming." His friend Chanyeol said as he held out a beer. 

Kai didn't say anything and sat down next to him taking the beer. 

"So is it true?" Kai looks at Chen. " that your neighbor's son disappeared?" 

Kai takes a sip of his beer. "Guess so." 

"Weren't you guys close or something." 

Kai stares at Chen. "No." Kai doesn't get why people assume they were.

"Who is he anyways?" Krystal asked most of his friends shrug. 

Kai looks away and stared at the fire that was warming him up. 

Sehun loves the winter.

Kai doesn't know why he knows that 

-

It was Monday and Kai didn't feel like going. He for some reason feels really tired. And he has a feeling a lot of people will be talking about Sehun's disappearance. 

Was he wrong.

-

It was lunch already and not once has he heard anyone say Sehun's name. It's like Sehun never existed. It's like when Sehun disappeared he took all the memories of him from everyone and took it with him. It's like Oh Sehun never existed. 

Kai looked outside of the window and saw the snow falling. For some reason Kai felt this warmness inside him. He Doesn't know why his feeling this way but--

"---did you guys hear what happened to Sehun?" 

His friends stopped talking about averted their eyes on him. Kai doesn't know why he said that, it just came out. 

"Who's that?" Chen asked.

Kai held his breath for a moment and let out. "I don't know." 

And that moment Kai felt something was taken away from him.