Chapter 8

Rooftop princes

 

 

"Hyung, let's go somewhere"

A sleepy Jinki rubbed his eyes while trying to enter the world again reading the message in his phone that woke him up. It wasn't likely of Taemin to be up at 6.30 in the morning but it somehow has happened. Days passed after what happened with no talk between the two males. Even on Saturday, their vocal classes day, they were not able to go home together like they usually do, with Taemin staying behind for an extra hour lesson. The brief times they saw each other were only to give a smile with a greeting. 

So Jinki was surprised to see Taemin's message since he highly believed that the younger one was avoiding him all that time. But it wasn't just him. Without even knowing Jinki pulled the same treatment towards Taemin too. He waited some while scraching his head trying to think of how to reply.

"Where?"

It didn't take a long time for Taemin to answer back.

"Anywhere"

 

By 'anywhere' Jinki thought that it would be one place he hasn't visited before, like the rooftop the other day. But Taemin strictly wanted to keep his word and soon they were roaming each and every corner of the city. The younger one dragged the other back and forth from food stalls tasting things they've hardly seen before, and to shopping malls and clothing shops where they had fun trying out different outfits and fooling around like small kids. The awkwardness that lingered around them soonly disappeared since both of them loved doing things together. They didn't forget about going to an amusement park. Jinki was glad about that idea since he was good at games which he could probably use to impress Taemin. Even Taemin knew about his hyung's competitive side and dragged him to all the game stalls they would see. But even Taemin didn't knew that Jinki would be that much scared to even sweat like anything when they were queuing for the roller coaster ride. For Jinki's relief Taemin didn't notice how frightened he was.

"Tae, do you really want to do this?"

He asked when there were only few more people infront of them which meant it would probably be their turn in the next round and Jinki so much wished he could disappear from that place right that moment.

"Why? Don't you want to?"

Jinki wanted to keep his pride as the older one so he didn't show a single bit of what he internally thought. And in five minutes, the shortest five minutes of Jinki's entire life, their turn came. The two males got seated on their cart and tightened their belts. Taemin was absolutely excited but Jinki didn't had time to notice it since he was busy praying from inside that the ride wouldn't stop all of a sudden when they're at a peak point or that he wouldn't fall out of it. He gulped so many times like he didn't drink water the whole day. It was then when Taemin noticed Jinki's frightful expression but it was too late to do anything since the ride started. The older one quickly squeeze shut his eyes. He felt that it started to speed up so he again prayed while Taemin was shouting and laughing enjoying the ride to the fullest.

"Hyung, open your eyes! It's not that much scary!"

Jinki heared that as a whisper among all the other shoutings. He tightened his fists and gathered up all his courge and slowely opened his eyes. But it was only to witness that they were at a peak and looking down he lost his self making him scream his lungs out even frightening the younger one beside him. Taemin laughed so much seeing his reaction and tightened his palm around the freezing fist of the older one trying to calm him down. But Jinki didn't stop screaming all the way down even tearing up a bit in which he knew would embarass his self after the ride, but he didn't really had time to think about that since he was busy being scared. Soon it slowed down and came to an end lessening the shouts and Jinki heaved a long sigh of relief when it finally stopped moving. He got his trembling self out of there and went out to a safer place with Taemin following him. The younger one was then so much sure that the roller coaster ride didn't turn out to be a good idea.

"Hyung? Are you ok?"

He asked when they got seated on a bench in an open area.

"Y-yeah. I-it was fun. I th-thought it'll be too s-scary cause I've n-never tried out that before b-but it wasn't. Haha.."

He stuttered so much that Taemin felt like dying because of his cuteness. He just wanted to pinch his cheeks and say that it's ok to be scared but he didn't. He knew that Jinki took a lot of pride of his self so he didn't wanted to ruin that happy time making any lame mistake with his words or acts. So he stayed with Jinki doing nothing until he gets some rest. But after a while he suddenly rememberd something. Something he wanted to do before the day ends. The most important part of the day.

"Hyung, let's go now"

"Where?"

They both stood up.

"You'll see"

Taemin giggled remembering what he had planned for the end of their little date.

 

 


(Taemin's POV)

 

The restaurant came to our sight. Since I didn't wanted to more late I insisted on getting there by bus even though we could easily walk too. Hyung seemed surprised by it. Maybe he has never visited there before. It was a place I frequented most of the days. I even made friends with the owner, a lovely lady in her forties. It's a cozy and peaceful place so I really loved it. We went inside and got seated in a corner table where it wasn't much dark. The perfect place. Gladly there weren't much customers so it made me a tiny bit less nervous. Since our tummies were filled with all the food we ate all the day we only ordered coffee.

"Hyung, how's it here? Good isn't it?"

"Yeah. It's great. I like it. Do you come here oftenly?"

"Yeah"

I hoped hyung didn't notice how nervous I was. Soon the lady arrived  with the coffee and I introduced her to hyung. We took some time enjoying it and talking about this and that, funny things we did and happened that day. With time I got some courage. Yes I need to do this. Do it today or never. You can do it Lee Taemin. I will tell him everything today. Whatever happens I need to do that. I prayed from inside to let me have every bit of courage.

"Hyung, there's something I want to tell you"

I think he understood what the topic was since his serious, but weirdly cute face came back to life. God how much I love everything about him. Please let me have him. Please let me tell him how much I love him.

"First, Minho and I are not dating. He lied that day because of his brother cause he didn't wanted to worry Jonghyun about him. So there's no such a thing between us. He's only a friend"

"Oh.."

I knew hyung was feeling guilty by his expression even if I hated to see him like that. So I didn't waste any time to let him think about it any longer. It's not Minho that mattered. It was me and him.

"Hyung... I like you"

He raised his eyebrows and I lost myself. What if he doesn't like me back? What if he hates me? What if I loss him, again? All the thoughts I hid inside my head came back and I felt like disappearing right that moment. But I needed to finish what I started and tell him everything, so I continued.

"I like you. I really do. I don't know how or when it started. But it was a long time ago. I didn't knew if it was the correct thing. I didn't even knew whether my feelings were true or not. So I burried everything that time. But when we met here after all this time, in the same place, having the same classes and with so many coincidences, I knew it wasn't just a simple feeling. I like you hyung. Even if you accept it or not, I like you"

I knew my entire body was freezing but I really didn't knew why I was sweating. Seconds passed. He didn't say anything. Not a single word. Not a single change in his expression. His eyes were on me and all they said was that I did wrong. I knew it. I knew this would happen. Why did I do that? I didn't want him to leave me. Not again. Not again I wanted to feel lost with nothing but the guilt for letting him go. I knew I ed up.

"I'm sorry.."

 

I didn't knew how I ended up outside the restaurant. I ran away. Away from him. Away from my feelings. I didn't stop walking although I didn't had the single idea where I was supposed to go. Not home. He'll hate even the sight of me now. That's all I thought. I took my phone out and dialled up Minho's number. He was the only one I could think of to talk that moment. Gladly it didn't took much time to hear his voice.

"Hello. Taemin?"

"Minho.. um.. can I meet you.. now?"

I knew I was crying cause my cheeks started to feel sticky.

"Tae? What happened? Tell me where you are?"


It was getting cold and I wasn't wearing anything warm. But in a way it helped me. The coldness overpowered the worries and the pain that was building inside me. I wished Minho could come sooner but he didn't and I knew that that wasn't something I should complain about. I waited for him sitting on a chair outside a grocery shop and all the time rubbing my palms together I tried to gain some warmth.

"Taemin?"

The moment I heard his familiar voice I started tearing up again. Soon I felt the warmth in his embrace, his voice.

"I'm here, Tae. It's fine now"

His words comforted me and gave a little hope again. I really needed it. But the selfishness in me grew like a monster. I wished it was hyung. I wished it was hyung's voice, his warmth, his soft hands on me, his comfort that I craved for. I so much wished it was hyung, the man I love, who's giving me the safeness I wanted that moment like it has aways been. Because of the cruelty in me, guiltiness was all I felt towards my friend.

 

 

 

Hello everyone!!! I didn't thought it'll be possible for me to update this soon. Hehe.. I was in a good mood so the first part came out well. Lol. Hope you liked it. Don't forget to comment and subscribe. Have a nice day!!

(Please give a lot of love to Kim Yeon Woo and our Jinki's new song, Play the Field!!)