Chapter 4

Rooftop princes

Hello everyone!!! Sorry it took a long time to update. Enjoy!!

"DING DONG!! DING DONG!!!"

It was around 7 in the morning when Jinki fell off the bed hearing a huge noise from his door bell. The half awaken male rubbed his sleep from the eyes and stood up rubbing his hurt back. It took some time for him to come to his normal senses. Then he quickened his steps towards the front door and unlocked it to see who was disturbing his most favourite thing in the whole world called the 'sleep'. 

"Taemin?"

The younger boy was standing outside with his extra cute smile on his small pale face. 

"Hyung, good morning! Were you sleeping?"

"Well..., yeah"

"Oh sorry. I disturbed you"

"Nah. It's ok. Come in. It's cold outside"

Jinki couldn't watch the smaller one freezing outside who was wearing just a sleeveless top and a pair of shorts. Taemin tip toed in.

"Wow. It's warm in here"

He fell on the cozy little sofa making himself comfortable like it's his own home. 

"So so. What makes you bring here?"

Taemin quickly stood up suddenly remembering the purpose of waking up the older one.

"I almost forgot it. Do you've some milk? I'm out of milk"

Jinki laughed in his head remembering all the times the younger one cried when they were small. And they were all because of milk. 

"So have I become your grocery shop already?"

He asked while going to the refigerator.

"Aniya... why do I have to run to the shop when I've got my hyung here"

"Haha.. why do I feel like I'm spoiling this young man here?"

"I'm already a spoilt brat"

Taemin sang while walking to the small dinning table. 

Jinki took a banana milk bottle out of the refigerator. It's not like he liked that flavour. But because of this someone, he never forgot to buy that milk bottle whenever he buys milk. He placed it on the table while giving his radiant smile to the younger male. 

"Hyung??! You don't like this flavour, right? How come you have this?"

Taemin opened the bottle and took a whole amount of milk inside his mouth and finished it in one gulp.

"Huh? Who told you that I don't like it?"

Jinki turned his back to Taemin pretending to search something from the cupboard behind. 

"No one have to tell me. I know you don't drink that. Tell me tell me now. Why do you have this?"

"Well... um.. it's just... well..."

Taemin started to laugh making Jinki to look behind in surprise. He almost fell off the chair he was sitting on.

'What's so funny?"

"You haven't changed a bit hyung. You're still stuttering"

"Haha... yeah. I do"

Jinki built up a fake laugh. He was relieved that Taemin has forgotten what he asked about. Since he didn't wanted to let him remember that again, he quickly changed the subject.

"So Taemin. Do you have any plans for today? Shall we go out for a walk?"

"That's great!! I was thinking of asking that too. I don't have anything to do. Wait, I'll put some clothes on and come"

He ran in his full speed to the door which made Jinki go mad.

"LEE TAEMIN!! How many times do I have to tell you not to RUN like that??!"

He shouted at the boy who didn't cared a bit to wait to hear what he was saying. 


"Hyung!! It's great here. Do you come here everyday?"

The two friends sat on a bench in the park where Jinki usually visits in the weekends. It was a calm and quiet place with no one except for some elderly couples walking on the small grass paths and some little ones playing around. There was a small lake infront of them with the clearest water.

"It's just in the weekends"

"I should come more often, with you"

Taemin said smiling at the peaceful view. It didn't took much time to make Jinki's heart race with just that simple words the younger one said without thinking much. Jinki couldn't understand. He didn't understand why he was feeling that way, again. 

"Wait here. I'll go get something to eat"

"Ok hyung"

In just 5 minutes Jinki returned with two delicious looking popsicles and handed one to Taemin. 

"Do you remember this?"

Taemin asked while taking the stick of the popsicle slowely.

"What?"

"When we were kids..."

 

(Years back....)

"Rock paper scissor"

Taemin won again.

"Ugh... Taemin!! I give up. I'm not going to do this anymore. Why are we still playing this stupid game?"

"Hyung, you lost 7 times. So that means you've to buy me a popsicle if you loose another 3 times"

Taemin put a funny face to the already angry older one. 

"But it's unfair. I'm just too unlucky"

"Never give up hyung. Who knows, you won't loss again. Now c'mon"

"Look who's talking. You'll just play some trick again. I know you Lee Taemin"

Jinki put his cold face which was never a cold one for Taemin. 

"Oh... our baby boy is sad. Ok then, I'll TRY to loose this time"

"Shut up. Enough now!! And don't you dare call me 'baby' again"

Taemin laughed out.

"Don't worry, baby boy"

He started running away from Jinki doing all sorts of funny moves making the older one ten times angrier. 

"STOP!!"

"Baby, baby, baby. I won't stop. Baby, baby...."


(Present....)

They chuckled remembering the sweet memories of their childhood. None of them wanted to forget those. Every little detail was there in a corner of their hearts, trying pop out everytime when they're sad or worried.

"If only we could go back in time"

Taemin sighed. 

"If only there's a time machine"

"Hyung, seriously? This city has made your brain go crazy"

"Yeah yeah. I guess so too. But you'll get infected too. So watch out"

"Okay sir"

Both of them spent a beautiful day going for shopping, walking around, filling their stomaches with deliecious food all day. Taemin discovered many things he hasn't seen before, during his little city tour with his hyung. For Jinki, it didn't became another usual lazy Sunday. At the end, it became another beautiful memory he shared with his Taemin.
 

It didn't went so well as I thought. But wait for sometime. Many characters are going to be there in the future chapters. Don't forget to comment and subsribe. Have a nice day!!