Chapter 1

Rooftop princes

Another morning. Another busy day for Lee Jinki has started. 

The alarm clock went off loudely that caused the sleeping man to jump in shock. It took him a little while to come to his normal senses and to plan out his daily routine inside his head. Even though he wanted to get out the bed and start his day, he wanted to stop himself, partially because he was in a good comfortable position on the bed that he felt like never leaving, and partially because he was tired from all the work he had done till late night. But, neither of these reasons couldn't help him to stay there any longer since he hated the idea of delaying everything. 

He quickly slipped out from his bed and had a quick early morning shower, which he prefered a lot in order to get out of his tiredness. After dressing up, he went to grab something for the breakfast. He heard his stomach growling, which reminded him that he didn't eat anything on the previous night. Jinki opened the fridge and took somethings out that would fill his tummy. Before closing the door of it, he saw a flavoured milk bottle and it gave a slight smile to his face. 
It brought out memories from his past. It was a past that he never want to forget. It was the best time of his life. It wasn't like he regretted in choosing the lonelier life that he's spending in the present time, but he loved his childhood that he spent without knowing what the world is like and how complicated it can be. During the earlier days when he first came to Seoul to start his new life, he had to live in between the two times. But it only made trouble for Jinki, so he had to let of go of his past and settle on his new routine. But those memories came to his head time to time. They clinged to him but didn't worked out in a bad way. It only made him happy during the sad times.

There was a person that Jinki never wanted to forget. His childhood friend with whom he shared everything. Even though they were friends, Jinki thought of him as his own brother. They played together, laughed together, did the craziest things that made both of them the happiest kids in the world. But with time, they had to say good bye to each other since they took different directions in order to live. Jinki believed that his friend will be his happiest memory that he would treasure forever. Even though it was in the past, he loved reminding about those times when they were there for each other. 

Jinki went out of his little appartment and soon was within the people on the street. As usual, he didn't took the bus since his work place was closer by to the where he lived. He loved walking. It never tired his legs but only pleasured him of the morning breeze. It was a time when he could think about everything peacefully. Thinking. Sometimes it tired his mind that once he wanted to go to his home town and never return. But, he didn't wanted to stop since it was the only way to clear out everything. Everything that he hate in life. Work, gatherings, staying over night. He disliked becoming the talk of people. He disliked attention. Jinki was someone who prefer loneliness even if it was troublesome at times. He has never dated anyone. Never fallen in love for real. His first love was Minnie, his cute little cat who was now living with his parents. Except for Minnie, he never loved anyone and he never wanted to either. It was because of the very thought that he'll become a problem once he get attached. When he starts doing something, he'll never stop. He will do whatever it is, till the end. He was afraid of being in a relationship because he never wants it to end. He was afraid of break ups. That's what made Jinki to live a lonely life. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was finally saturday. Jinki loved weekends since he didn't had to go to work. It was his only free time when he could do the things he like. Long sleeps, walking anywhere he wants to, writing his novel that he started a long time ago. And, his singing class. Jinki took vocal lessons in the weekends. 

He loved singing. His dream was to become a singer. It was not just him. It was a dream that both he and his friend shared when they were small ones. Unlike others, their dreams didn't changed time to time. That was something that made them more closer. Sharing the same dream. 

After the singing class in the evening, he went home and took a long shower to recharge himself. Then thinking of reading a book, he took one of the books he bought recently and fell on to the sofa. He flipped over the pages and something caught his attention. 

"Rooftop was their place of happiness...."

His eyes were on the certain sentence for few minutes. Jinki's mind left his body and in a moment it brought up his childhood memories. 


"Hyung, the thiefs are here. What are we going to do now?"

"Taemin-ah, don't worry. I'm here"

Jinki took up his fake sword, which was a small stick and directed it towards nobody in front of him.

"Don't come near us. We're the princes, so you can't do anything. If you take one more step, I'm going to kill you all" 

He put his glaring eyes towards the empty space with Taemin behind him clinging to Jinki's t-shirt. The two friends were playing their favourite game "We're the princes" on the rooftop of Jinki's house. It was their little hide out. No one except for those two has dared to step to the place as it was tagged as theirs since the day Jinki and his family moved to that house. It was their playground and they decorated it in their own way. At first, Jinki's father was amused when he saw the "No entry" board kept on the floor at the entrance to the rooftop. 

"Hyung, let's stop now. Mom told me to come at 4 o'clock or else she won't let me play with you anymore"

"Oh... okay, let's stop then"

They took off their toy crowns out of their heads and kept them on the small shelf filled with various types of colorful equipments which the two of them used to play with.

"It's time to our vow, Taemin-ah"

"I didn't forget it, hyung"

They brought their small hand up on the air and closed their eyes tightly.

"I promise. I promise with all my heart. To be with Jinki hyung till the end of my life"

"I promise. I promise with all my heart. To be with my Taemin-ah till the end of my life"

"Hyung!!! How come you always use the word 'my'? I'm not yours. I belong to my mom and dad"

Taemin was curious to know why exactly Jinki called him 'my Taemin'. He always asked that question from Jinki after their little vow, but it was always a pinch on his cheeks he recieved as the answer.

"Aigoo, you little kid. You're too cute"

"I'm not cute. I'm a grown up now. Stop telling me cute"

"I won't. You're the cutest"


Jinki smiled to himself recalling all those old, but beuatiful memories he had with his friend. Even though Taemin was two years younger than him, none of them cared about being the older one or the younger one and took good care of each other throughout the six years time they spent together. They helped each other everytime. Jinki loved remembering that beautiful past. His and his Taemin's.

 

Hope you all enjoyed the 1st chapter. I don't know when I can update the next chapter, but I'll try my best to update soon. Don't forget to subsribe and comment!!