Chapter 6

Rooftop princes

Hello everyone!! It took a long long time. I added more characters. Please enjoy!!

 

"Hyung??!!"

Taemin was surprised from the older male's sudden act. It was unexpected. Something unusual for him. 

"Just.. let's just stay this way for some time.."

Jinki placed his face on Taemin's right shoulder and squeezed his eyes shut.

"I'm tired..."

He said sighing again. A blushing smile appeared on Taemin's face. He was very concerned about Jinki's health and happiness cause he knew that all the work tired him. He wished he could do something to cheer up the older one, so he was glad that he could fulfil that small wish. Taemin softly caressed Jinki's chubby hands around his waist.

"Aigoo.. this big old man. Are you 22 or 42? Huh?"

Jinki grinned at his friend's words and tried not to speak out anything, cause all he wanted at the moment was to cherish the little time he finally got to spend with his Taemin. That day, the night sky was more beautiful because two love birds were enjoying the sight of it.

----------
Taemin was digging into the cup of noodles outside the small shop from where he bought it. Usually he had a proper meal during the lunch time but he wasn't hungry at the moment. He wasn't going to eat anything at all, but since he didn't wanted to worry Minho who was so much concerned about him, always saying he looks too skinny to his age, Taemin had to agree for cup noodles. With the time they had become good friends. They got along well with each other and hangout most of the time since both of them weren't from Seoul and didn't had any other close friends there. 

"Ting"

Taemin recieved a message on his phone and he quickly opened it while taking in another mouth full of noodles. 

"Did you eat?"

Another person who was as concerned as Minho, or maybe more than that. 

"Yeah"

Taemin replied. 

"Ok then. See you later"

"Later hyung"

More than three weeks has passed after what happned at the rooftop. But during that time, things were always awkward between the two of them. It wasn't Jinki, but Taemin has felt some strangeness. He tried all the time not to meet up with Jinki saying that he has work and all. Whenever the older one came to his place to give something, a book to read, his favourite milk bottle or the stuffed toy Jinki gave one day saying that he'll be able to sleep well at night cuddling to it, Taemin couldn't stop blushing everytime. It made him more and more confused about what's going on inside his mind. And what made it worser was during the vocal classes both of them took in the weekends. Without him knowing, he would stare at Jinki when he sings. Maybe because he sang so beautifully like an actual angel or maybe the sight of Jinki took him to another world. Even if he didn't wanted to believe it, he has started to like Jinki, more than a friend and more than a brother.

He looked at his phone screen and sighed, not seeing another message from Jinki. 

"Aniya.. he has even dated a girl before. He surely is not into men"

It was how he thought everytime. 

-----------
"Taemin-ah, are you free this sunday evening?"

Minho asked when Taemin took his back pack to leave. 

"Um.. nope. Why did you asked?"

Minho scrached the back of his head.

"Well.., my brother asked if I could bring a friend to his birthday party. You know he came to Korea last week just to celebrate his birthday with me. So.., is it okay for you?"

"Ok. I'm on"

Taemin said after thinking for a while.

"Thanks buddy. I'll text you more details tomorrow"

"No problem. Ok now I've to go. See you then"

"See you"

Taemin put his back pack on his shoulder and left the book shop giving a wave to his friend. Minho kept looking at him until he disappeared from his sight and took out his phone. 

Me       : Hyung, I'm bringing a friend with me this sunday
Hyung : Wait. What?? I meant it just for the two of us
Me       : It's not any other friend, hyung. It's my boyfriend
Hyung : Ooohh.. well then, I'm going to bring my fiance too then
Me       : Ok cool. Let's have a family party!!
Hyung : Haha.. this dumb headed brother of mine

Minho chuckled to himself.

"First mission, completed. Great job Minho"

A wide smile filled his small face when he started imagining the great time he's going to spend with Taemin.

---------
"Kibum-ah, is it really ok if I joined with you guys? I mean I'm just your friend and it's going to be a family gathering, right?"

"Oh come on Jinki. It's Jonghyun who asked me to bring a friend of mine"

Kibum said while getting out of the cab they took to arrive at the restaurant. Jinki got a call from Kibum just after his classes to come along with him to his fiance's party. He was feeling nervous inside since he wasn't the type of person to get along with alot of people. But he didn't wanted to refuse the invitation of his friend of 3 years.

They went inside the restaurant and a waitor lead them to table at our peaceful corner. 

"He hasn't come yet"

Kibum looked at his watch.

"So, is it just the three of us?"

Jinki asked out of curiousity, or maybe just to make sure he won't be any trouble to Kibum because of his unsociallized nature. 

"Um.. he said someone else was coming too. But didn't tell me who exactly it is. Oh, he's here!!"

Kibum stood up and started waving. Jinki who was seated with his back to the entrance of the restaurant also stood up and looked behind. He saw three men coming towards them. The somewhat shorter one of the three waved back to Kibum. And it was then, when Jinki saw someone familiar. 

"Taemin??!!"

"Jinki hyung??!! What are you doing here?!"

"You two know each other?"

Minho who was confused about the situation asked.

"Hey hey people. Let's sit down first. Haha.."

All five of them got seated. Kibum talked first.

"Yah, Kim Jonghyun! Why didn't you tell me you're gonna bring your brother here?"

Jonghyun grinned at his fiance and started introducing his guests.

"It's a surprise baby. Haha.. so... this is Minho, my brother and that's Lee Taemin, my baby brother's only friend here in Seoul. I'm glad he made atleast one here. Haha.."

"Seriously hyung?! You really don't know about me"

Kibum laughed.

"This is Lee Jinki. My friend at work"

"So... You two, how do you two know each other?"

Taemin and Jinki were both astonished and they were trying to figure out about what's happening since the time the five of them met. Minho nudged Taemin giving a 'what is it' expression which finally brought the two males to the reality.

"Oh sorry. Um.. hyung and I were friends since we were small kids and Jinki hyung moved to Seoul fours years ago and me, I came here like two months ago. And.. one day we got to see each other coincidentally"

Taemin told their story which made the other three surprised.

"Wow. So it's a coincidence today too. Huh?"

Jonghyun said.

"Or maybe fate"

Jinki spoke out suddenly out of the blue looking at Taemin, half jokingly, and half sincerely. The usual blush appeared on Taemin's cheeks.

"Ugh.. why the hell am I blushing at a time like this??!!"

Taemin thought to himself, completely embarrassed about himself. At the other side, Jinki smiled at the younger guy thinking how cute Taemin looks when he's shy or nervous. Since they were young, Taemin used to be nervous around people, just like him and that made the two of them understand each other cause their personalities matched well. 

"What's happening to me..?"

He thought while trying his best to brush away the redness on his cheeks. 

---------
It was late at night when Jinki and Taemin came back after the birthday party. Everything went pretty well at the party except for that time when Kibum and Minho shoved Jonghyun's face into the cake. The smaller guy didn't stopped blaming his fiance for ruining his face and the new hair style he said that he got recently.

"Taemin-ah, want to go out to that park tomorrow?"

Jinki asked when he got out of the elevator.

"Well.., I've got work tomorrow too. Let's go some other time"

As always Taemin refused spending time with Jinki which made the older one to wonder about what has been happening. He said goodbye to Taemin and went towards his apartment in slow steps. He opened the door quietly and went in and locked it. He switched on the light and threw himself on the sofa.

"He must be in love.."

Jinki sighed and looked down at the tiled foor. 

 
(Flashback to the time at the restaurant..)

"So, Minho, tell us how you two started dating?"

Jonghyun was curious from the begining about his only brother's love life and was waiting for a time to blurt out that very question. 

"Dating?!"

Taemin asked widdening his eyes, confused about what the other one was talking about all of a sudden. He wanted to think that he didn't hear anything wrong. Minho cursed at his brother from inside for mentioning that one word he never wanted to hear at that moment. He only wanted to get more closer to Taemin so that he'll be able to ask him out.

"Hyung.. haha.. let's not talk about that. Haha.."

Minho put his glary eyes towards Jonghyun who was sitting right beside him with a slight whisper of "Shut up".

Taemin still coudn't understand about what he meant about dating. He gave a questioning look towards Minho which was answered by just a laugh.


(Present time..)

Sigh after a sigh broke down the quietness of the apartment. Jinki wondered about what he heard few hours ago. He was certain that his ears didn't played any trick on him. He was so sure that he heard that word. Jinki started questioning himself whether it's right to ask Taemin to spend time with him when he now clearly knew why Taemin kept refusing meeting up with him all that time. He was sad. He was sad that he couldn't keep up with the promise to not let Taemin go away from him, again. He was sad that he couldn't tell how much he meant to him and now, with what's happening, he knew that it's not the correct thing to let him know about his feelings.

"I'm just a corward"

He whispered to himself.


Taemin fell on to his bed after finally having a late night shower. He switched on his phone and saw a notification. It was from Minho. In a split second, he remembered about what happened at the restaurant. Then he opened the message.

"Taemin-ah, I'm sorry about what happened. I can explain"

The two of them didn't talked about that even when the party ended. Taemin tried many times to talk with Minho but there was no use, cause everytime Minho did something to change the subject. 

"What is it?"

Taemin replied.

"You know, I've never been in a relationship before. My brother has set me up with so many blind dates, but I wasn't interested in anyone of them. He was worried about me, so I thought atleast now I should show him that I'm interested in someone. It was just for today, Taemin-ah. I'm really sorry if it made you uncomfortable"

Taemin didn't knew what to tell. He truly was uncomfortable all the time during the party. He recieved another text.

"You aren't angry about that right?"

"Ok.. it's ok Minho. I can understand. It's fine"

"Thank god. I thought you won't even look at me again"

"Haha.. I'm not like that. Ok then, I'm gonna sleep. Good night Choi stupid Minho"

"Haha.. good night. See you tomorrow"

Taemin put the phone aside. He was truly relieved after knowing what exactly was that about. And he was glad that Minho said that it was just a lie. Taemin didn't really looked at Minho more than a close friend. Finally after clearing up his mind, he settled under his blanket to sleep. But something didn't let him.

"He must be sleeping by now"

He thought. 

"Ugh.. what's wrong with my face these days?"

A smile appeared on his face when he rememberd how Jinki said that it might be because of their fate that they see each other all the time coincidentally. He snuggled inside more inside the blanket.

"Do I love him for real then?"

He thought. He was certain that it was love. But he didn't knew what Jinki thinks about him. Even if he thought that it would be a complete heart break if Jinki didn't had the same feelings as him, he didn't wanted to let go of the older one. What if it was really their fate that's holding them together all this time? He wondered. He wanted to give it a go. Because it wasn't just a simple love story. It was fated love.

 

So... how was it? I know it wasn't that good. Tbh I'm not in a good mood these days. Just like Jinki in the fic, I'm sighing too cz I miss a certain bunny TT TT Leave some lovely words. Wait for the next chapter!! Love you all!!