Tears, Guilt, and Apologies

Real Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dani

"Art is about the messy and marvelous business of coming to your senses - and also, to the senses of the world." -Michael Leunig

The burning strays of the light was piercing through the window and into my face. After tosing and turning the whole night with such bad headache, I rushed to the bathroom and started vomiting my insides. What a terrible hangover. 

   

 

I dreaded waking up in the morning with a bashful hangover. Heck, I completely forgot what happened last night. Everything was a blur. I do not remember myself walking upstairs, and going to sleep.  I flushed my puke down the toilet. My hands scooped a handful of cold running tap water, giving my face a good splash to wake myself up. 

 

 

After I showered, I changed my clothes into something comfortable. A brown peaceminusone oversized sweatshirt which was a gift from my brother , and a pair of black tights. I went back to the bedroom, Suhyun was still sleeping soundly at the bed. There were some pillows and blankets, neatly arranged on the floor. It seems like someone slept there. 

 

 

"I don't think she knows what they did." 

"Yeah. I don't even think she remembers what happened."

"For goodness' sake, Junhoe! Why did you have to do that?!"

"I don't know! I was drunk! I didn't know Dani was the one infront of me!" 

 

 

I heard those things as I was coming down the stairs. I suddenly recalled sharing a kiss with Junhoe last night infront of everyone, and Hanna walked out of the scene, crying. I slowly closed my eyes and bit my lip. Oh no. I mentally prepared myself for whatever may happen as I step unto the kitchen. Something was telling me to go back to the room, and avoid the trouble ahead. 

 

 

Okay. I should go back to the room and pretend I was asleep. 

 

 

As I turn, and take a step up the stairs, Suhyun was just coming out of the guest room. Her hair was ruffled on top, she had her fuzzy sleepers and pajamas on. She yawned whilst still rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. It took her a moment to realize I was standing at the stairs, right infront of her. 

 

 

"Dani?" She asked, taking a step closer to me.

 

 

"G-good morning, Suhyun-ah." I forced a smile as I rub my forehead lightly. My head still hurts due to the hangover. She gave me a quizzical look, but it shifted into an understanding nod later on. 

 

 

"Your head hurts, right? Come on! Let's go down stairs to get you some medicine for your hangover." 

 

 

She grabbed my arm and pulled me down the stairs happily. As we arrive at the kitchen, they immediately stopped talking as Donghyuk noticed I was there. Now, all of their eyes were suddenly focused on me. They looked like blood was drained on their faces. Hayi looked around noticed the boys were gawking at me. 

 

 

She cleared and laughed awkwardly which kind of snapped the boys out of their thoughts. 

 

 

"Good morning! Yunhyeong oppa made us breakfast. Sit down and eat." Hayi smiled at us and motioned us to sit.

 

 

The remaining vacant seats now were besides Jinhwan on the left, and Junhoe on the right. Suhyun was about to sit beside Jinhwan when Donghyuk and Yunhyeong looked at her ridiculously, giving her some message through their eyes. 

 

 

My heart starts pumping rapidly when I realized they didn't want me to sit with Junhoe. Suhyun quickly realized the situation and sat beside Junhoe instead. I quietly sat beside Jinhwan, giving him a small nod. 

 

 

"Do you want to drink some coffee? Or tea perhaps?" Yunhyeong gladly offered, standing up. 

 

 

"Actually, do you have some hot choco available here?" I asked breathlessly. 

 

 

I heard Hanbin clap his hands proudly. "That's my girl!" He said and winked at me. I chuckled at his adorableness. 

 

 

Jinhwan turned to look at me and gave me a soft smile. "Hanbin loves chocolates. He loves everything chocolate." 

 

 

I nodded, absent-mindedly agreeing to what they just said. Honestly, my heart was pounding hard right now. I didn't notice Yunhyeong has already served me with some eggs and kimchi pancake. My eyes were scanning through the house, looking for Hanna. I spotted Bobby playing with his phone next to Hanbin, whilst Chanwoo was doing the dishes by the sink. 

 

 

I took a bite from my pancake slowly, not having a big appetite at all. But when the flavors suddenly melted into my tastebuds, I was craving for some more. A smile crept upon my face as I finished eating the pancake. They were looking at me with utter shock, whilst Yunhyeong was giving me a hopeful look. 

 

 

"It tastes good. Don't worry." I grinned which showered them with relief. 

 

 

Yunhyeong gave me another pancake which I devoured quickly. I could sense the awkward atmosphere since Junhoe was trying to avoid my gaze and the others were doing their best not to bring up the topic last night. It was obvious why Hanna isn't here either but I can't live up with anymore. I had to step down my foot. 

 

 

"Where's Hanna?" I asked, alarming them, especially Hayi. 

 

 

They were sharing anxious looks to each other, including Suhyun. Who is now hunging her head low. I took a look at Chanwoo who's trying to make himself look busy by rewashing some clean plates. Donghyuk was looking away from the scene, Yunhyeong was pretending to eat something, Jinhwan and Hayi were having a conversation through eye contact. I turned to Hanbin, looking for an explanation. He raised both of his hands up, completely clueless about what happened. I remembered he was the drunkest among us last night, I don't expect him to remember anything. Bobby obviously doesn't give a damn about what's happening to me so I'm not going to bother to ask him. 

 

 

I sighed. I don't know what's the point of hiding it from me. "I somehow remember what happened before I out guys." 

 

 

They stared at me with wide eyes, some of them had their jaws hung low. "D-do you really remember it?" Yunhyeong stuttered.

 

 

I nod my head softly and massaged it a little bit. Jinhwan handed me with some pain killers and a glass of semi warm water which I gratefully took. I thanked him as I clear my throat to talk once more. 

 

 

"Guys, you don't have to be cautious around me. I'm not sensitive and I hate it when the people around me hides things from me." I icily said, giving them chills.

 

 

Jinhwan was the one who spoke for the group. His voice was kind of shaky when he spoke. "After what happened, Hanna broke down and ran away from us. Me and Bobby were the only ones who were still capable of chasing her last night. I was taking care of all of you so Bobby was the one who chased her instead." 

 

 

My eyes fell on Bobby who was still playing with his phone. I wonder if he talked to Hanna about it last night. 

 

 

I looked down and realize the possibilities that can happen with Bobby in the picture. He can manipulate Hanna into hating me like what he did to his fangirls during the assessment, or he could ruin my entire reputation with just a snap of his finger.

 

 

"But with all seriousness..." Jinhwan looked at me and Junhoe, making everybody turn their heads towards us. 

 

 

"Is there something going on between you two?" Jinhwan asked, eyeing the both of us carefully, and so does the others. 

 

 

My heart was pounding so fast, my palms were getting sweaty, and my throat were slowly drying up. I took a quick glance at Junhoe who's looking a tad bit nervous too.

 

 

Hayi's eyes widened when Jinhwan threw us the question. She looked at him ridiculously, whilst mouthing 'What's wrong with you?!' Both of them where bickering silently for a while, enough for all of us to watch and listen to their conversation.  

 

 

Junhoe glanced at me meaningfully, I understood what he meant with it. I nodded in understanding and cut off Hayi and Jinhwan's 'quiet' arguement.

 

 

"Nothing is going on. Junhoe was the first person I've met here and we're quite close to each other. Hanna is one of my bestfriends here too and I couldn't do such thing to her." I smoothly lied. 

 

 

They seemed to buy my excuse so they turned to Junhoe to hear his side too. 

 

 

"I told you guys. I was drunk. Me and Hanbin were the ones who drank the most alcohol last night. And the dare was, kiss the girl infront of me. I didn't even know Dani was the one infront of me. That's it!" Junhoe clearly explained. 

 

 

Luckily, our friends seemed to buy our excuses. They were completely understanding to the fact that we were both drunk and we didn't intentionally do it. We all went back home before it's time for class. Junhoe crashed on my place since he brought his uniform with him. 

 

 

I was giggling as he climb on top of me. I was wearing a black tank top and a pair of athletic shorts. Junhoe was topless and had his pair of shorts on. He was holding my waist and placed a soft kiss on my lips. 

 

 

"I'm glad they bought our excuse." He whispered.

 

 

"Yeah. I could imagine if they didn't. Things would have been quite difficult now." I pouted.

 

 

Junhoe captured my lips once again. His plump soft lips were moving in great sync with mine. I slung my arm on his shoulders whilst fingers were brushing through his hair. His lips went down to my neck, then to my collar bones. I gasped when he left a hickey there which I think is going to last for a long time. I lightly tapped on his shoulders, calling his full attention. If I don't stop him now, there's no way we're going to class on time. 

 

 

"God, Dani. You're perfect." 

 

 

He placed another soft kiss on my lips as I smile and pull him into an embrace. 

 

 

Walking to school was a challenge. My heart was beating so fast as I also try to look around for Hanna. Suhyun was kind enough to go to her house and check if she was okay. From what Suhyun told us, Hanna did not want to go to school nor meet us for now. But because of Suhyun's innocence and sweetness, Hanna gave in and agreed to come to school with the younger one. 

 

 

I bought a box of donuts on our way to school just for Hanna, hoping she would appreciate my consolation gift. I went to school with Junhoe but we parted at the parking lot to avoid gossips and inconveniencies about getting caught. 

 

 

My hair was curled and messily tied into a high ponytail, swaying from left to right as I walk in the hallway to get my Science book. As I was getting closer, I noticed a heart shaped lollipop glued to the door of my locker along with some puffy heart stickers around it. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. The girls who were standing beside me were trying to whisper something to each other as I examine the lolly in my hands. 

 

 

A smile crept up in my lips when Junhoe suddenly popped into my mind. 'Maybe this is from him.'  

 

 

I opened the doors of my locked to find a folded piece of red colored paper printed with small heart designs on it. It was obvious the owner of this paper tried his/her very best to slip it through the door of my locker. As I slowly unfold the paper, I can smell the strong scent of not-so-pleasant perfume, from what I'm guessing is the cologne of the sender. 

 

 

Okay, I guess this is not from Junhoe.  That guy likes those lemon-y stuff. 

 

Dear Dani, Thank you for being so kind to me. You're so beautiful and smart. I like you a lot. DYJ. DYJ? Who could that be?

 

I shrugged as placed the letter back inside my locker, closing it. I jolted in surprise when the girl from Mr.Shin's class was standing beside me, wearing a smug look on her face. I remembered Mr. Shin calling her 'Ms. Hirai' and her nameplate says "Momo". 

 

 

She wasn't saying anything, just staring at me with a disgusted expression on her face. I wasn't in the mood to fight. Infact, I still had the box of donuts in my right hand for Hanna. This girl is wasting my time. I have to get to my class in time. I tried to pass through beside her but she ended up blocking my way again which annoyed me a little bit. 

 

 

This girl doesn't know what's coming for her when she piss me off. I blew a few strands of my hair, dangling on my forehead, away from my face. I stared at her blankly, waiting for her to talk. 

 

 

Hanbin would kill me if I won't show up on our laboratory today. 

 

 

Momo moved closer to me as her eyes fell on the box of donuts I was holding. She was about to grab it when I was quick enough to pull my hands away. For a moment, she was shocked but then she regained her senses and wnent back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter