Hide and Seek

Real Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

   
It was a lonely week for me. 

 

Just like what the director said, all of the art students has only a week left of preparations for this month's assessment. Some of my days were spent pretty much alone, and lunch time wasn't as fun as it used to be. Sometimes I would eat with Hayi, Suhyun and Hanna but, Chanhyuk would eventually come up to our table and fetch Suhyun for their rehearsals. 

 

Aside from being talented and gifted, those two were very hardworking. Chanhyuk is a musical genius and Suhyun possesses a golden voice. 

 

Hayi would also leave afterwards since she has to rehearse too, which leaves Hanna and I alone. 

 

Don't get me wrong, I like Hanna and we're pretty close at this point. She won't be performing next week since she was exempted for joining Kpop star competition thus resulting for her having insufficient time to prepare. 

 

We talked about a lot of things which was partly awkward for me since her boyfriend tried talking to me and blocking my way whenever he finds any opportunity to approach me. I just wanted to disperse right in the spot whenever she talks about her relationship with Junhoe. She was indeed a loving and proud girlfriend, it was hard to hate her.

 

I wanted to tell her about what happened with Junhoe and me, but I can't imagine ruining our friendship and also, I might end up ruining a perfectly good relationship on my very first month of being here.

 

Some other days, we would eat lunch with the boys and they weren't always complete. Bobby never showed up (which was kind of disturbing) and Hanbin would sometimes show up for the last 30 minutes then leave as soon as he finishes eating his lunch. But just like Bobby, most of the time, he doesn't show up. I saw concern written all over Hayi's face whenever Hanbin doesn't show up at lunch or any other recess time. 

 

I learned from Jinhwan that those two spend their time writing, composing and arranging their songs for their performance next week. He also said, Hanbin is a real workaholic. He would always choose working on his songs over eating. For him, eating could always wait but brainstorming and working on their songs can not. 

 

However, Bobby is not like that which was very unusual for them. 

 

Donghyuk added that Bobby has a very big appetite, and he's not the type to miss out on eating. After all the years they've spent together, Bobby was the one who'd always wake up early to get his food. 

 

But this week was entirely different, Bobby was indeed focusing on their music and he's not talking to anyone that much except for Hanbin. The boys were indeed concern for those two.

 

So that douchebag Bobby writes songs?

 

Speaking of Bobby, he's been extremely rude to me this week. And trust me, spending Math and Art class with him is a big no-no for me. He's extra-grumpy and moody. Normally, he would taunt me until we would end up bickering and get scolded by the professor at class. But now, it seems like I was the one who's infuriating him. 

 

"Why don't you change seats, then?!" I said exasperatingly.

 

He's been so grouchy today. I accidentally bumped my arms with his whilst we were forced by our professor to take notes in Art class then he suddenly explodes with anger and takes it out on me. 

 

"You know what? I will!" he shouted back at me, took his things and sat on the other vacant seat next to another girl in class. 

 

Our classmates, including our professor, were looking at us, incredibly shocked with our actions. They averted their heads to my direction and looked at me as if they did not expect me to show a kind of insubordinate attitude towards Bobby. I closed my eyes and sighed. I completely forgot he's a high profile student and I was only a newbie. That ty hierarchy is a considerable business to all of them. 

 

I rolled my eyes and continued jotting down on my notes when my pen ran out of its ink. How lucky. I opened by bag to look for some spare pens and discovered a paperbag filled with bread and two homemade bags of my mint chocolate chip cookies. 

 

I already gave  the girls, Jinhwan, Donghyuk, Yunhyeong, and Chanwoo, their own bag of cookies. I gave Junhoe's through Hanna since I did not want to talk to him yet. 

 

"I was supposed to hand you some bread and this bag of cookies but you're rude." I whispered to myself and glanced at Bobby's direction.

 

 

"The predominant intermolecular forces of attraction present in—"

 

I was listening attentively to our Science professor when I heard Hanbin's stomach grumble. 

 

I was appalled. He looked tired and he was visibly hungry. I remembered I purposely bought these breads for Hanbin and Bobby considering they did not have the time to each that much. I took out the paperbag filled with bread and the two bags of cookies and placed it on Hanbin's lap.

 

"W-what's this?" Hanbin staggered.

 

"I bought them for you and Bobby. I figured you haven't eaten that much these days." I gave him a warm smile but it did not reach my eyes.

 

"Why didn't you gave this to him?" he said whilst holding up the other bag of cookies.

 

"I was about to— Not until he unleashed his beasty attitude towards me. We made a scene during Art class and they all looked at me as if I commited the biggest mistake in my life." 

 

"Oh I see. Don't worry about them, I think it was their first time seeing someone talk back to Bobby like you did. I know Jiwon for years now and I think he won't do something remorseful."

 

"Yeah. To you guys. That guys is very hostile towards me." I snorted.

 

"Maybe he's just in a frigid mood this week. He's been especially crabby these days, I don't know what's his problem." 

 

I scoffed and returned my gaze to the things written at the board. "I think your friend has always been like that." 

 

"No. Bobby is only aloof to girls. But infact, he wasn't really like that before, he used to be a noisy, fun-loving kid before but some terrible things happened  in his way which we think made him what he is right now." Hanbin said sadly.

 

He began to take a bite from the bread I gave him. I hummed and reached out for an iced chocolate placed inside a can and handed it to him. It was not a big deal eating inside this class as long as there weren't any experiment happening. 

 

"You know, Dani.."

 

"Hmm?" I was trying to listen to the professor since I really dont like taking down notes unless we're forced to do so. 

 

"You can be really intimidating sometimes and you're really savage." Hanbin said.

 

"Tell me something I don't know."

 

He scoffed and turned his body, facing me. "See! This is what I'm talking about. But then, you have this soft side and to be honest, I was quite shocked when you gave this to me."

 

I decided to ignore his remark and focus on the lecture. ing Hanbin, if I fail the next pop quiz, I'll kill that guy for being so talkative.

 

But ofcourse, Hanbin is Hanbin. He's the second most talkative one next to Yunhyeong. 

 

"I haven't asked you this before but we're all so curious about it..." Hanbin sighed and it seems like he's trying to find his momentum.

 

I waited for him to ask his question. I waited... and waited... and waited.. The ? I thought he's going to ask me something. 

 

"Yah! Have you lost your tongue suddenly or what?" I hissed.

 

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Hanbin blurted out. I stared at him, quite shocked. I did not expect him to ask that out of nowhere. Why the would he ask me that ? 

 

"I don't."  

 

"R-really?!" His pale face suddenly reddened. Wow, why am I not surprised? Typical Hanbin.

 

"Yes. Further more questions would not be entertained."

 

**

 

Like the past few days, music class was the time for the students to prepare. Once again, Hayi was nowhere to be found and I had to spent my vacant time with Hanna. We decided to walk around and check out the football field. A group of boys which I think is the school's football team are practicing, we sat on the bleachers and watched their football practice.

 

"Aren't you friends with Yugyeom?" Hanna asked.

 

"I wouldn't really consider him as a 'friend' of mine." 

 

Hanna snorted and pointed to the direction of the group of football players huddling around and their attention was diverted to us. I saw Yugyeom amongst them. The moment he realized it was me with Hanna, he and some other guy were sprinting towards us.

 

I tugged Hanna's sleeves, she looked at me with a confused expression written all over her face.

 

"Hanna, let's go." I whispered and pulled her arms as I started walking away.

 

"Woah. Easy girl."

 

"Dani! Wait!" I heard Yugyeom shout from the back.

 

"The great jerk is calling you." Hanna said.

 

"That's why we need to run faster!"

 

I let go of her arms and started running away. Hanna gladly complied to what I just said, she doesn't like Yugyeom anyway. 

 

"Dani! You can't hide from me forever! You stood me up last monday and you should atleast make up for that!" 

 

I was a no-show last monday. I was thinking about whether I was going to meet up with Yugyeom after class or not. But considering the amount of dislike he's been having from my friends, I'd rather not take part of the invitation he offered. After all, I was not in the mood to go around especially when I had to spend the rest of the day brawling with no other than Bobby. 

 

"I told Junhoe to meet us at the field but sadly, we had to evacuate because of some jerk. Wait. I'll call him." Hanna was talking to Junhoe over the phone. I could hear him say 'I'm on my way there.' 

 

There's no way I'm going to let him see me. I don't even want to put up an act with him infront of my friend.

 

"Hey Hanna, listen. Mother nature's calling. Uhm, I need to release my inner struggles. If you know what I mean." I said, pretending to have a stomach ache.

 

"Oh my god. Do you want me to come with you?" She asked worriedly.

 

"Na-uh, girl. I ain't going to let you hear all the stuggles I'm about to release. It's going to be nasty. You should spend your quality time with him." I joked.

 

"Oh okay. Just call me if you need anything okay?"

 

"Yeah sure! Bye!" I quickly ran back to our building, silently praying I wouldn't bump to Yugyeom again. 

 

I trying to keep my footsteps silent, the tapping sound of my shoes might disturb someone else's class. 

 

"Yah! L.A girl!" it was a girl's voice.

 

There was a group consisting of three girls walking towards my direction. They were th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter