Falling in Love

Sixty Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! Somi! When did you got home?!"

 

"Geez unnie. Why are you mad at me?" The raven haired girl whined and placed her shoulder bag in an empty stool.

 

"I just got home you know." The raven haired girl stated and turned her attention to the new face in their household.

 

"Hello! My name's Kang, Somi. I'm Seulgi-unnie's younger sister and 17 years of age. How about you unnie? Oh! And it's nice to meet you!" Somi said and offered Irene a big smile on her face.

 

Wow.. Seulgi is kind of aloof and scary but her younger sister is cheerful and friendly. Who knows a gangster have a little sister like this? I wish she were like her.. Irene thought to herself.

 

"I-I'm Bae, Irene, 19 years old. It's nice to meet you too." Irene smiled back, returning the warm greeting from the younger Kang.

 

"Irene-unnie do you want some ice cream?" Somi asked but already reaching the ice cream gallon from the freezer.

 

"Yes please."

 

Somi closed the fridge and proceeds to get two cups and spoons. The younger Kang glimpse at the gangster's direction.

 

"Seulgi-unnie can we eat ice cream in the dining room?"

 

Seulgi quirked her eyebrows as her eyes were fixated in the food she's cooking.

 

"Why not here instead?"

 

"I wanted to talk to Irene-unnie and I don't want you to hear it." Somi nonchalantly said.

 

"Fine, just beware of your words. Don't make me look like a bad person to her."

 

"What are you saying unnie? You're already are a bad person."

 

Irene giggles.

 

"You little--!"

 

"I love you too unnie!" Somi and Irene giggles and proceed to the dining room.

 

After the two had taken seats, Somi politely scooped ice cream for Irene.

 

"Thank you." Irene uttered as Somi gave the cupped to her.

 

"Can I ask you a question?"

 

"Sure."

 

"Why your fridge is all about strawberries?"

 

Somi smiled as she's scooping ice cream for herself.

 

"It's my favorite." Somi giggles.

 

"You know, Seulgi-unnie spoils me a lot. She always loads the fridge with strawberries." Somi grins as she stuffed ice cream in .

 

"She must really love you then."

 

Somi confirmed it with a nod.

 

"Yeah, unnie said she loves me so much.." Somi smiled faintly. With this, Irene felt the change of tone in Somi's voice. The cheerful voice turned to gloomy in an instant.

 

"Even though I'm not her real sister."

 

Irene was taken aback.

 

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

 

Somi heave a deep sigh as she played circles in her cup using her spoon. It's been a while since Somi became quiet. She's contemplating the words inside her head.

 

"Seulgi-unnie--"

 

"Stop."

 

Somi was astounded from what Irene said.

 

"W-What do you mean by stop?"

 

Irene placed her spoon down in her cup.

 

"It looks like the next thing you will going to say is hurting you or it seems like you don't want to talk about it. If it does, then I don't want to hear it."

 

Somi was overwhelmed in Irene's words. Tears were b in her eyes.

 

"Thank you Irene-unnie. I'm starting to like you now." Somi giggled and wiped the tears from her eyes.

 

"You already have my vote." Somi said and shows her thumbs up to Irene.

 

"Vote for what?" Irene asked as she stuffed another ice cream in .

 

"Vote for marrying Seulgi-unnie."

 

Irene choked out from her ice cream. She was coughing vigorously.

 

"W-W-What are you saying??" Irene was blushing furiously.

 

"Why? Aren't you Seulgi-unnie's girlfriend?"

 

"N-No. I-I'm not." Irene's face was still all red.

 

"Really? Then why are you blushing?" Somi chuckles.

 

"N-No I'm not!"

 

"Yes you are!"

 

"What's happening in here?" Seulgi interrupted, making the two snapped their head towards the gangster.

 

"Irene-unnie likes you but doesn't want to admit it." Somi laughed resulting for another shade of red emitting on Irene's face.

 

"Don't worry. The feelings’ mutual." Seulgi said and Somi squeals up to her heart's content. And Irene? She's blushing more than ever.

 

"The food is ready. Set aside your ice cream, let's eat a proper meal." Seulgi stated and made her way to the kitchen again but halted when Somi said--

 

"Seulgi-unnie I'm not going to eat with you together."

 

"Why?" Seulgi asked.

 

"I already ate lunch and I want to give you two some "quality time together"." Somi chuckled, emphasizing the last part.

 

"Okay." Seulgi said and looked at Irene.

 

"Wifey wait here. I'll prepare our lunch." Seulgi said and leave the two in the dining room.

 

Somi eagerly waited to Seulgi to be out of sight. When Seulgi was inside the kitchen, Somi said--

 

"Wifey? Seriously? But you said you're not Seulgi-unnie's girlfriend?" Somi laughed.

 

"Oh I know! You're not Seulgi-unnie's girlfriend because you are her "wife"." Somi laughed louder.

 

Irene felt the heat in her ears. She was like a shy, red tomato in her seat. Damn this Seulgi's little sister, she loves to tease! I bet she's going to tease me more in the upcoming period of time! This is Seulgi's fault! Why is she always calling me Wifey?! Arrrgghhhh! Damn these Kang siblings!

 

Somi then raised up from her seat while still laughing and cleaned the table as she picked the ice cream gallon and the cups they used.

 

"I call you sister in law from now on." Somi winked at Irene while continuously laughing, making her way towards the kitchen.

 

Irene wanted to burst right there and then.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Irene, who feels burden by not doing anything at all, also made her way towards the kitchen. She's bored being alone in the dining room. Hoping, maybe, she can do a little help. But as a spoiled brat who gets whatever she wants, she never, even once, do the job for herself. Normally when it's household chores, Irene always have maids who will serve for her. Sometimes even when she needs water, she can ask it directly to a maid. Don't blame her. She's rich. Why bother yourself when you can ask the maids? (A/N: I can't relate because I'm not rich *cries*)

 

Irene didn't enter herself fully in the kitchen as she saw the two siblings were having a conversation. Irene didn't know what she's thinking and hide herself around the corner. Perhaps she doesn't want to break the ambiance between the two. She let herself to eavesdrop and watch the siblings at the same time.

 

"Seulgi-unnie I didn't know you're already married."

 

"What are you talking about?" The gangster prepares the food she cooked and transferred it into a bowl.

 

"You called Irene-unnie, Wifey." Somi stated matter of factly.

 

Seulgi grins widely.

 

"Then you can say I'm already married."

 

Irene face palm herself. How can you confidently say that?! Not even denying?! What are you?! You're not even proposing to me yet! Wait, what?

 

"Then from now on, I'll definitely start calling her "sister in law"." Somi laughed.

 

"Oh and Seulgi-unnie look at this!" Iren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter