Prologue

You're My Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbyul was ambivalent about the move to Seoul. She looked at her house for the last time before she entered the car. She had her final girls' night out with last night with her favourite girls, Minhee, Jisoo and Nana. Although it was just yesterday, she had already felt the nostalgia. She sat at the back seat in the car while her father was driving and her mother on the passenger seat. The tall building of Daegu gradually faded and her sight was filled with green trees and field.

 

1 month ago...

''We can't just leave you here,'' Mrs Choi said. 

Mr Choi nodded his head in agreement. How could they just leave their only daughters alone?

''Umma, I can just rent a studio and live there myself,'' Eunbyul insisted to stay back in Korea. ''You know it's hard for me to adapt myself in China and I can't even speak Mandarin.''

''But still..''Mrs Choi sighed. She rubbed her temple. 

''Are you going to sell this house?'' Eunbyul asked. 

''No.'' Mr Choi replied.

''You're still underage, we can't let you live alone without guardian,'' Mrs Choi said. 

Eunbyul frowned. She really didn't want to leave her country and went to China with her parents due to their parents' business. She didn't want to leave her friends. She didn't want to start a new life. It was hard for someone so not open minded like her to communicate with strangers, with foreign people somemore.

 

Two weeks later, Eunbyul finally got a reply from her father. The Choi family sat on the living room and held the discussion again. 

''I've asked for help from my best friend,'' Mr Choi said. ''And he's willing to be your guardian for the time being.''

''So I don't have to leave for China?'' Eunbyul beamed. 

''Yes, but you still have to leave Daegu to Seoul.''

 

And there she was. After hours of car ride, Eunbyul finally arrived in Seoul. The car was stopped in front of a big mansion. Consider big in Seoul, a pretty expensive city. Mr Choi helped with Eunbyul's luggages and he pressed on the door bell. 

Eunbyul entered the house behind her parents. She was amazed by how modern the house was compared to hers. Although this house was almost the same size as hers, well maybe slightly bigger, she believed it cost a lot more than her house in Daegu. 

''Come on in,'' Mr Kim greeted his friend. 

''Long time no see, Insoo-ah,'' Mr Choi shook hand with his friend and smiled brightly. 

''So this is your daughter?'' Mr Kim asked.

Eunbyul smiled forcefully as a term of respect. 

''I saw you when you're just a baby and now you're all grown up into a beautiful young lady,'' Mr Kim complimented. 

''Thank you..'' Eunbyul bit the inside of with much awkward. 

The adults were having a great time chatting and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter